Question on Promotions... and when to do them..

TrentL

So I've read two different strategies when it comes to promotions...

1) Don't promote your character until level 20 because you will have less than optimal stats

2) Promote your character as soon as you gain the ability in that class you wanted so that your internal level doesn't get too high...

As I'm starting to actually plan my children ... it really seems that the main characters pale in comparison to the children in the long run... or maybe I'm missing something.

Most of the children do tend to outclass their parents or first gen units in general. I still find great use for Lon'qu, Olivia, Libra, Chrom, and MU (Male or Female) so I would say still use them.

Promoting asap to get the skills seems the best, since you will only be a few levels behind to reclass and you'll not only be just as strong by a few levels but you'll have more skills as well.

Okay thanks I plan on Grinding alot be it with DLC (Easy peasy early levels) an using a Female Avatar to see what a male Morgan is like (Since my Morgan in my first time playing the series is a girl)

Pretty cool series I really hope they make more of them.

Most of the children do tend to outclass their parents or first gen units in general. I still find great use for Lon'qu, Olivia, Libra, Chrom, and MU (Male or Female) so I would say still use them.

Promoting asap to get the skills seems the best, since you will only be a few levels behind to reclass and you'll not only be just as strong by a few levels but you'll have more skills as well.

Although re-classing so early does take a hamper on your EXP gains greatly on Lunatic and needing those better stats for the later chapters..

Edited by ポーラ

I think the general consensus is to wait until 20 to promote unless you're in a hurry or hitting caps. Only Second Seals increase your internal level, so your 2nd point would apply for class changes, not promotions.

e: spelling

Edited by Meteor

For 1st Tiers, promote or reclass as soon as you hit LV 10. For 2nd Tiers reclass as soon as you hit LV 15.

If youre grinding witg DLC, do all of a units 1st Tier class and the do the Promoted classes. If you wait to do the 1st tier classes, all of their stats will be capped and they wont gain any stats when they LV up.

Although re-classing so early does take a hamper on your EXP gains greatly on Lunatic and needing those better stats for the later chapters..

Wow, really? How much it effect though?

I think the general consensus is to wait until 20 to promote unless you're in a hurry or hitting caps. Only Second Seals increase your internal level, so your 2nd point would apply for class changes, not promotions.

This is new to me too. So to attain optimal stats, it is better to train them to max level then?

This is new to me too. So to attain optimal stats, it is better to train them to max level then?

You can get optimal stats through enough grinding, but for optimal stats per xp, you want to wait until 20 to promote. Obviously this doesn't apply once you've started capping stats. No reason to go from 10-20 if you can't gain any stat points on level up.

To expand on this, since internal level is only increased when you use a second seal. Whether you promote to a second-tier class from level 10 or level 20 your internal level will increase by the same amount when you second seal from that class, which is just the current level + 20 (even if you didn't promote at 20).