I am re-visiting Lunatic

Hi.

I started a Lunatic file last month straightly after finishing my first file. I went with it trying to LTC, or AT LEAST try to be effecient. Got to Paralogue 1, but sadly, I deleted it to use that file as a draft backup.

Now I am interested in getting this done so I can try Lunatic+. I feel rather enthusiast about the idea (both Lunatic and Lunatic +), but I kind of lose the taste/motivation if I keep resetting and resetting without getting the desired turncount- And I just can't bring myself to turtle it (it's a matter of desicion and the fact that I plain-out forgot how to play like that).

I plan on using:

- Chrom

- Lissa (I just love battle nuns, I can't help it)

- Stahl (At first I thought of Sully, but I really want to use Stahl instead)

- Vaike

- Sumia (as usual)

- Panne, MAYBE (I've used her in every run to date. I like Taguels, and she's so amazing as a Wyern)

- Libra (lol)

- Anna

- Tharja (not sure about this one...if she's unusable, that's a no)

- Olivia (Dancer/10)

- Henry (One of my favorites, but I'm doubtful about his performance)

And yeah, I feel the list is a little big. I might just throw in Nowi because I always had her die, and I heard she becomes really good...not sure if this will apply to Lunatic (if not, I won't bother really).

Also, the reason I listed the characters I intend to use is so someone could tell me how they fair in this mode.

I had Sumia and Chrom pair up. Made killing Grima a bit less of a nightmare.

Lissa will level up fast because Healing's important but at least have her go sage so she can utilize staves a bit better with Tomefaire (just equip a random tome).
I tried Stahl but his low speed made him fall behind.
Panne will become amazing if you go Taguel -> Wyvern Rider -> Griffon Knight (Deliverer and good speed)
Anna's great as a second staff user. Libra's decent too.
Olivia's obviously important.

Dunno about the rest.

Throw out those shit units if you are trying to LTC. Every character you throw in just for funsies is going to cause headaches. Best units are Female Avatar, Panne, the Peg Knights, etc.

Nowi is extremely good (stay as Manakete, just keep reclassing back into it), especially for the endgame Routs, but you have to be willing to take the time to train her long enough to get her growths going.

Visiting Lunatic huh? Better prepare your sanity just in case.

To be honest, it isn't that bad...I've had worse from re-starting in drafts, the same chapters over and over again. This seems to go smoothly once you get the strategy.

Throw out those shit units if you are trying to LTC. Every character you throw in just for funsies is going to cause headaches. Best units are Female Avatar, Panne, the Peg Knights, etc.

Nowi is extremely good (stay as Manakete, just keep reclassing back into it), especially for the endgame Routs, but you have to be willing to take the time to train her long enough to get her growths going.

Shit units? 8( But I'm given to understand that Anna and Libra can do quite well thanks to their Rescue shenanigans. Also, Henry and Tharja?

Reguarding Nowi- Is it possible to train her while attempting to be "effecient"?

Shit units? 8( But I'm given to understand that Anna and Libra can do quite well thanks to their Rescue shenanigans. Also, Henry and Tharja?

Reguarding Nowi- Is it possible to train her while attempting to be "effecient"?

Lissa, Henry, and Vaike are not worth your time. Anna and Libra are OK as utility bots. It is "possible" to train Nowi while being efficient, but it's not pretty, because she really wants those reinforcements that show up in some chapters.

I'd recommend looking at RFoF's playlog, since she had similar aims and a pretty tight team.

Well, if by "tank" you mean "doesn't get 1HKO'd"...

In HM, his durability is actually kind of solid. I just wonder how he'll fair here. He also gets bonuses, but they're only +1 across the board.

Basically everyone you listed is usable, but many can be a drag depending how quickly you want to play. Stahl and Vaike in particular require a bit of babying to keep up. It is also preferable to train a smaller team of superpairs over a full team. You might want to check out the efficiency playlog in my sig.

Edited by Redwall

Well, if by "tank" you mean "doesn't get 1HKO'd"...

In HM, his durability is actually kind of solid. I just wonder how he'll fair here. He also gets bonuses, but they're only +1 across the board.

Remember, he also comes with an Killer Axe. Use it, use it well.