SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO! IT CANNOT! MADNESS IS AMAZING!

...Ahem. Say, any news on Palutena?

Nothing since the "leaks". I'd like to think the next big reveal of Newcomers will be during E3 2014 but I think there is gonna be perhaps one more newcomer reveal between now and June.

Yeah, almost definitely. Although, I'm guessing the other first-game veterans we haven't seen yet, (Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon) are all unlocked, and I'm going out on a whim here and saying there's still Classic Mode, and, of course, THE HANDS.

Well, unlike Yoshi and every previously revealed Vet, there isn't much games left in the near future to link up to any Smash character left aside from perhaps Meta Knight for the localized Triple Deluxe. It'll be like Lucario and Marth where it's a random reveal. There's a lot of "big" smash characters that haven't been revealed. Including the three you added there's the Ice Climbers, Wario, Ganondorf, Falco, and Mr. Game & Watch who are all pretty much guaranteed to return.

I'd rather Sakurai show characters who aren't guaranteed. Because where's the fun in seeing only characters we already knew were coming back? xP

I know this sounds stupid, but I reeeally want the Pokemon Trainer to return. I loved playing as Squirtle.

Why is it stupid to want someone you enjoyed playing as back?

Why is it stupid to want someone you enjoyed playing as back?

Because people think that for some reason wanting a character for gameplay is inferior to wanting them for other reasons, which it isn't.

I'd rather Sakurai show characters who aren't guaranteed. Because where's the fun in seeing only characters we already knew were coming back? xP

True. At this point I suppose only Lucas, Pokémon Trainer, R.O.B., Ike, and Wolf would fulfill that categorization. Pretty much everyone is absolutely guaranteed to come back.

This proves that Sakurai and Nintendo DON'T think of only their Japanese fans! I'm so happy to know that I've been right about this all along!

But I also like that Japan likes Daisy. ^^

I have always thought it was generally agreed that Nintendo recognizes overseas fans by most people - just look at the sales from Legend of Zelda series, in the US they always destroy the Japanese sales of the game by staggering amounts. Of course, I agree. With that said however, the comments from Japanese viewers are just from different message boards and they are probably not what Nintendo would focus their attention towards compared to Mii-Verse, article or site reviews and the like.

It's like coming to this forum and seeing all the hate for Awakening, but if you check all the more casual sites such as Gamefaqs, you'll see a lot of praise.

in the US they always destroy the Japanese sales of the game by staggering amounts.

Considering the differences in population size between the US and Japan, I would have thought that was to be expected...

Considering the differences in population size between the US and Japan, I would have thought that was to be expected...

That is true, but it's the numbers themselves that are actually the problem. In the US, Twilight Princess was one of the biggest successes for the series, however in Japan even if you combine the sales for Wii and GC, it's one of the lowest. In other words, the US sales saved Twilight Princess from being one of the biggest flops.

I have always thought it was generally agreed that Nintendo recognizes overseas fans by most people - just look at the sales from Legend of Zelda series, in the US they always destroy the Japanese sales of the game by staggering amounts. Of course, I agree. With that said however, the comments from Japanese viewers are just from different message boards and they are probably not what Nintendo would focus their attention towards compared to Mii-Verse, article or site reviews and the like.

It's like coming to this forum and seeing all the hate for Awakening, but if you check all the more casual sites such as Gamefaqs, you'll see a lot of praise.

Well, I've run into a lot of people that say Nintendo doesn't care about us and only really pay attention to the Japanese fans because Japan is their main base of operations.

And TP was probably a flop in Japan because the Japanese hate the realistic art style. They prefer the toony style used in TWW. Stupid, judging a game by its cover. >.>

Edited by Anacybele

My reaction to each of the ones Japan wants the most from that link

Paper Mario-I thought of this too before. I would like to see this since it's a good opportunity to make a completely "new" character that would not be a clone as Toon Link is to Link

Nick/Captain Rainbow- Had to look this guy up. Well I suppose this is a thing. It would be another Marth-esque thing were only the Japanese players would know about this. But seeing as this isn't a "franchise" as Fire Emblem was, I'd say this guy would be an assist trophy over anything else

Monster Hunter-Yes we all know how popular Monster Hunter is, Japan. Even I love the series as well as many others. But we got Megaman. He's filled the Capcom role so deal with not having a MH rep.

Lucina-If Sakurai can avoid cloning Marth then fine. But really, Chrom should be the one so Sakurai and Sora/Namco would have to create an original movelist.

Dixie-Dixie's pretty popular here too and I do think she has a shot as much as K. Rool.

Daisy-We already go Rosalina, we don't need any more Mario Characters especially since she'd be just a Peach clone if anything. Just stick with the Palette Swap.

Waluigi-Why Japan wanted him, I'll never know. He's not that popular, he has no real significance in the series itself, and his own creation was to match Wario.

Shulk-Never played Xenoblade, but I think he'd be a great addition. Who knows, it might interest me enough to go and buy the game.