SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

By the way guys, I just found someone in Miiverse encountered a new texture glitch in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U on Lucina & Shulk that I find that pretty freaky for Lucina & Shulk and it only operates the glitch in Luigi's Mansion.

Edwards%20Lucina%20Hairdo%20Glitch%20in%

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to an anime convention two days ago. I played a lot of SSB4 8 player matches with the people there, and I was actually one of the best ones there. There were a few people that beat me a few times and got first and left me around 2nd or 3rd, but I beat them an equal amount of times being first and leaving them at 2nd. The only exception was this Marth player that beat me around 5 or so times and I only beat him once. I mostly switched between Mario, Luigi, Marth, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, and Bowser and was always able to be one of the last 3 surviving in the eight player matches (being first 50%-70% of the time).

I even entered this tournament with 119 other participants and managed to make it into the top 8. Admittingly, it was pretty non-standard for tournament rules (all 8 player free for alls, mostly Big Battlefield was picked, all items on medium, 4 lives and 4 minutes or 3 lives and 3 minutes, etc.), but it's the closest I'll personally be able to get to a standard Smash tournament without paying loads of travel fees. It was surprising how stressed out and nervous I was for that whole day even before going to the convention, and how it was actually strangely relieving when I finally lost in the final 8 (being fourth out in Sudden Death). I switched between R.O.B. and Duck Hunt for the tournament since both of their long recoveries were really ideal for getting back easy and getting away from really dangerous frays, plus their projectiles were really awesome for long range damage without getting comboed in the big frays.

I also managed to buy a fresh, new, Marth amiibo (the reprinted version), though it cost me $60. As expensive as it was, I'm really glad I was able to get a Marth amiibo. With Marth being one of my most favourite characters ever and me wanting to get one ever since November 2014 only to find out too late that it was nearly impossible to get, it feels awesome finally having it.

Yeah, I just thought I'd talk about my "Smashing" experiences at the anime convention this weekend.

Rando that's pretty awesome! Top eight out of 120 is great!

Congratulations man

Thanks everyone!! The tournament was a lot of fun, and fighting against both a variety of different opponents and my own nervousness with the tournament atmosphere was really exhilarating. It's definitely not something I'd want to do on a regular basis though (whether it's casual or MLG tournaments), since I don't think I could handle the tournament stress on a regular basis.

Was it Avcon?

No. It was an anime convention in Canada that spanned the weekend of July 17-19.

Jedi, didn't you want to play me too? I think I totally forgot about that... Especially after the sad Iwata news and my Pokemon SoulSilver playthrough. xP

Jedi, didn't you want to play me too? I think I totally forgot about that... Especially after the sad Iwata news and my Pokemon SoulSilver playthrough. xP

Ya, although life is getting super busy of late so I'm not sure when it'll be possible ^^;

• Nintendo of America marketing manager and translator Bill Trinen registered to participate in the SSB4 tournament, under the tag "Th | trintroll", with the "Th" crew tag apparently standing for Treehouse. However, due to the passing of Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo, Trinen changed his plans and did not attend, as EVO was held on the same weekend as Iwata's funeral.
    • In response to Satoru Iwata's passing, a moment of silence was held before Smash 4's top 8.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/EVO_2015

There you go. That's pretty much what happened.

lol, "Trintroll"

But that's understandable, I mean, Bill Trinen is a big part of Ninty, so it's respectful of him to want to go to Iwata's funeral instead of play at a tournament. There will be future tournaments, but not future Iwata funerals.

Ya, although life is getting super busy of late so I'm not sure when it'll be possible ^^;

Aw. D: But I see. We'll play eventually though!

Edited by Anacybele

We should play sometime rando, whats your NNID? Or you can just add me. Jedisupersonic.

I'm quite sure I have you friended on the 3DS. As for my Miiverse ID, it was either Fidesio or Evastio. Search up one of the two, and if the first one doesn't work, try the other.

Also, if you know you'll be mostly free on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday and want to Smash against me on that day, give me a heads up what date and time.

It'll be next Friday/sat/sun sometime probably, maybe all 3 of us could make a bash or something.

can I join to make the match more laggy?

Don't know if you have added me on my Wii U.

Jedi, you mean "all three of us" as in you, me, and Rando? That'd be fun. ^^

Yeah, and Kingddd now too. If you 2 didn't mind. We can have the 4 of us face off for some fun next weekend, I would this weekend, but i'm gonna be visiting some Grandparents.

Yeah, and Kingddd now too. If you 2 didn't mind. We can have the 4 of us face off for some fun next weekend, I would this weekend, but i'm gonna be visiting some Grandparents.

Alright, that's cool! :) I'll be around since I'm always off work on the weekends. Well, as of now, I will be. There have been instances where plans here changed quickly. xP

And visiting grandparents is always nice! I'm planning on visiting mine in September. ^^

So it'll be Jedi, Anacybele, kingddd, and I doing online Smash around July 31 to August 2? Alright, then. Currently I'm available for any 3 of those days, and hopefully it'll stay that way. I've already sent a friend request on the Wii U to you Jedi.

So between the 3DS and Wii U version, which one will we be sticking with for that tentative session? I'm good with either version.

On a side note, since I know that both Anacybele and kingddd use custom characters, you only use them for custom specials and not equipment/stat boosts, right? When I see people turn on custom characters for online, I don't know if they're using equipment/stat boosts and if I should use them too to keep the playing field even. I actually hardly use custom specials and only use them for messing around and such.