SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if there is going to be a grass starter as another Pokemon rep, who do you think it's going to be? Chesnaught and Sceptile have the most fitting designs for a Smash game, but Greninja is already repping Gen VI, so my guess is Sceptile. Sceptile (or, really, practically any Gen III Pokemon) is a little obscure of a choice for people who aren't really into Pokemon, though.

I can't help but feel that Nintendo screwed themselves over big time by releasing the 3DS version before the 3DS. I don't imagine people that want the game will wait 4-6 months to get the Wii U version while it's already out and the 3DS doesn't cost 300$ for the people who don't have any Nintendo consoles(and people who have as 3DS might not feel the need to buy a Wii U since they can play it on the 3DS).

You know, I've been thinking about Ridley, and it's a little weird that Sakurai STILL didn't actually show him...just his shadow...

I swear I'm not in denial but I wonder if that might not mean something. He has to know how requested he is right? So I'd like to think if he was going to confirm him as non-playable, he would do it a little more directly.

You know, I've been thinking about Ridley, and it's a little weird that Sakurai STILL didn't actually show him...just his shadow...

I swear I'm not in denial but I wonder if that might not mean something. He has to know how requested he is right? So I'd like to think if he was going to confirm him as non-playable, he would do it a little more directly.

You think he would have done it more….Directly?

Joking aside, so we got 29 confirmed characters.

Well this is all pretty exciting. Greninja is definitely not a Pokemon I'd expect to see, but pretty cool nonetheless! (Little bummed about Charizard's Mega Charizard X thing. Gah, why doesn't Charizard Y get any love? >:|) And Keldeo as a Poke Ball Pokemon is something that makes me beyond happy. <3

Assist Trophy Tiki is reaaaally cool, and I'm a little more than happy to see that Lyn is still an Assist Trophy and not a playable character.

Wish we got another actual FE character, though. I'm not giving up hope on getting another one, though. Just having Ike back would be nice, although I'm holding out hope for Micaiah instead, as far fetched a possibility as that may be.

He mentioned boss as stage hazards and then shows Ridley's distinctive shadow in the Pyrosphere stage(why is there not Metroid stage taken from the Prime Trilogy! >_<). I'm pretty sure that means he's a stage hazard.

Gah...please Sakurai, let that Ridley tease just be trolling, or have it be the clone, or something.

I just....I don't even know. How could you possibly pass up Ridley as a playable fighter? I'm just crossing my fingers he's still playable somehow.

The rest of the stuff was cool. Who thought both the Sheik detractors and supporters would be right? And I honestly didn't see Greninja coming. Good job on that. I also like MM's final smash(though I'm disappointed to see ZX being overlooked ;_;)

But the Ridley thing....that killed a lot of my hype. I may still get the game because of Megaman, but I don't know...Ridley was probably the only possible newcomer left that I had much interest in.

You think he would have done it more.Directly?

Oh man, I didn't even notice that. XD

He mentioned boss as stage hazards and then shows Ridley's distinctive shadow in the Pyrosphere stage(why is there not Metroid stage taken from the Prime Trilogy! >_<). I'm pretty sure that means he's a stage hazard.

I know, but it's a little weird he didn't show/explain Ridley like he did the Yellow Devil... I dunno, you're probably right and I'm just reaching.

Gah...please Sakurai, let that Ridley tease just be trolling, or have it be the clone, or something.

But the Ridley thing....that killed a lot of my hype. I may still get the game because of Megaman, but I don't know...Ridley was probably the only possible newcomer left that I had much interest in.

The "Ridley" Shown in the trailer could just be Meta Ridley. At this point it's still a possibility. Sakurai has yet to confirm whether or not he's playable.

Well this is all pretty exciting. Greninja is definitely not a Pokemon I'd expect to see, but pretty cool nonetheless! (Little bummed about Charizard's Mega Charizard X thing. Gah, why doesn't Charizard Y get any love? >:|) And Keldeo as a Poke Ball Pokemon is something that makes me beyond happy. <3

Assist Trophy Tiki is reaaaally cool, and I'm a little more than happy to see that Lyn is still an Assist Trophy and not a playable character.

Wish we got another actual FE character, though. I'm not giving up hope on getting another one, though. Just having Ike back would be nice, although I'm holding out hope for Micaiah instead, as far fetched a possibility as that may be.

Tiki's a regular trophy, not an assist.

I don't think Marth will be the only FE rep since we always had two FE characters, but I will still be very sad if Sakurai leaves Ike out. :(

The "Ridley" Shown in the trailer could just be Meta Ridley. At this point it's still a possibility. Sakurai has yet to confirm whether or not he's playable.

When Ridley is too busy with the battle, Alfonso takes over as the boss on the Pyrosphere stage. "Leave it to me!"

Yeah, I know that joke is long dead now, but I couldn't resist.

Pong, that is all

No it isn't, the trip on the hype train was so worth it. Charizard looks amazing, Greninja looks like an absolute beast, yoshi was to be expected though. The splitting of the samus and Zelda transformation lines was absolutely genius, I like the idea of being able to play just zero suit samus, because I could never even play as her in brawl without items. The zero suit samus fake out was LEGENDARY, man had me fooled good.

Anyone else notice that at one point in the direct, they put a substitute doll where Sakurai was sitting and had his voice playing like it was talking? Lost my shit at that XD

Final destination everything is really cool, I'm looking forward to seeing it used well for most of the stages. Lots of new pokemon, they're all pretty cool. Lyn's back as an assist trophy, midna's now an assist trophy, skull kid is disappointing though, he was the low point of the direct for me. Call down the moon man, pulling a palkia when palkia's in the game, inb4 they crash the game if they appear at the same time.

Some move changes sent me flying I remember that, Ridley deconfirmed, I'm not getting a steak from Roger after all. Little Mac just gets more badass with each showing though, villager still looks like he's going to be one of those characters though. Marth has his Japanese voice still, not sure if everyone caught that. Uhh, what else... Smash run, I said city trial before they mentioned it and fell out of my fucking chair when Sakurai mentioned it, I felt intelligent for like three seconds. Release dates, cool, I heard Wii U was going to be done first but I guess not. When I saw Keldeo as a pokemon, I instantly went "Welp, Ana's going to be pissed", I even sent a tweet about it out (and wrote AT instead of pokemon lol)

All in all, worth every second. Makes up for the drought of serious info we've had lately. Also I was wrong about that one where I just shouted "custom stage!" It was Palutena's temple, which looks like hyrule temple WOW THE AMBIVALENCE. That's all until I read through my tweets and realize I forgot something

@ClevelandSteve: thank you, you have made my evening with that joke X'D

Edited by Spiky

I like the idea of being able to play just zero suit samus, because I could never even play as her in brawl without items.

Actually you can start as ZSS if you hold the shoulder buttons as the match starts. :P

Not to undermine your happiness or anything!

Yoshi. Mother loving Yoshi.

Hopefully Ness and Falco are in, I'll find out this summer I guess.

When I saw Keldeo as a pokemon, I instantly went "Welp, Ana's going to be pissed", I even sent a tweet about it out (and wrote AT instead of pokemon lol)

Are you serious? :/

I'm not pissed, but I am a bit disappointed that Sakurai went with stupid Greninja for playable Pokemon newcomer instead. But at least he picked the better mega evo for Charizard. Zard X rocks!