SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I know there won't be DLC, but I wonder if Sakurai will keep a few characters date-locked after the release of the 3DS version. As in, a few weeks after Smash 3DS comes out, you get a SpotPass notice saying a new character has been added to the roster, with this happening several times until Smash Wii U is out. It would certainly prevent the whole roster getting spoiled as soon as Smash 3DS releases, and people would still be able to speculate.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that we have two versions of Link confirmed, Marth confirmed and Meta Knight most likely to be in the roster, why do we need yet another sword user in this game?

Meta Knight shall return. There is no need to drop him.

He's always been used by many SSB advanced players. Kirby is way too popular to have him dropped. So...he stays.

I know there won't be DLC, but I wonder if Sakurai will keep a few characters date-locked after the release of the 3DS version. As in, a few weeks after Smash 3DS comes out, you get a SpotPass notice saying a new character has been added to the roster, with this happening several times until Smash Wii U is out. It would certainly prevent the whole roster getting spoiled as soon as Smash 3DS releases, and people would still be able to speculate.

^

This.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

That is probably the best idea I've heard to keeping some surprises in the Wii U version yet. The only thing I see going wrong is that the models and data will still be in the game, and we might have a repeat of what happened in pokemon x and y, with whatever secret characters they planned on releasing later getting leaked. That and I have no idea if the powersave things will be able to extract some of these hidden files, hopefully if they consider a route like this, they absolutely BURY the data on these characters so no one gets spoiled or the hype immediately dies for these new characters

http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/interview-with-matthew-mercer-sakura-con-easter-weekend/

I have no idea if this has been posted yet, but it seems Matthew Mercer, Chrom's English Voice Actor, has admitted that Nintendo hasn't contacted him to reprise his role in any title, including Smash Bros and, to a lesser extent, SMTxFE

Discuss?

http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/interview-with-matthew-mercer-sakura-con-easter-weekend/

I have no idea if this has been posted yet, but it seems Matthew Mercer, Chrom's English Voice Actor, has admitted that Nintendo hasn't contacted him to reprise his role in any title, including Smash Bros and, to a lesser extent, SMTxFE

Discuss?

The only possibilities I can see it means

1. he's not obliged to say because it's by contract after all, Nintendo hasn't revealed anything for SMTxFE or Chrom in Smash Bros

2. he's a secret character since a lot of characters weren't revealed until after the game is released

3. The worst case scenario is Chrom is not going to be a playable character or assist trophy

4. Probably the dumbest reason, they got a different voice actor.

In all honesty you just have to be patient with these things. They're probably under oath not to say anything.

Edited by kingddd

If Marth were to use his counter on Little Mac's star upper, what'll happen?

probably what knife said, or the counter just let's marth survive from invincibly.

If it KO'd Mac right away, wouldn't it give Marth an unfair advantage against him?

...uhh. You do remember the "the force of the attack gets reflected" in Brawl, right?

That's not unfair at all if you remember the freaking Falcon and Warlock Punches.

Same with Ike's freaking forward smash.

You don't just throw it out randomly.

Otherwise the attack will get dodged and punished, or it'll get reflected.

Nothing "unfair" about that counter. Use it when they won't. OR WAIT until they use counter and get a free KO.

If he counters, grab him. Then combo him into it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I also seem to remember Marth's counter move having had less knockback than the move he counters?

i'd bet the instakill would have enough lag to be punished by reaction, so... imagine ike's fsmash like soc said.

Discuss?

The only possibilities I can see it means

1. he's not obliged to say because it's by contract after all, Nintendo hasn't revealed anything for SMTxFE or Chrom in Smash Bros

2. he's a secret character since a lot of characters weren't revealed until after the game is released

3. The worst case scenario is Chrom is not going to be a playable character or assist trophy

4. Probably the dumbest reason, they got a different voice actor.

In all honesty you just have to be patient with these things. They're probably under oath not to say anything.

Could possibly also mean that Chrom gets his Japanese voice. Unlikely, but hey. Nintendo's not doing the best right now; they could be cutting costs?

Personally, I'd hope that Chrom gets his English voice, but his Japanese voice is pretty cool too, so I wouldn't complain.

Could possibly also mean that Chrom gets his Japanese voice. Unlikely, but hey. Nintendo's not doing the best right now; they could be cutting costs?

Personally, I'd hope that Chrom gets his English voice, but his Japanese voice is pretty cool too, so I wouldn't complain.

I don't see that happening.

They'd go the full way and have Japanese voice for JP versions of the game and English for everywhere else, just like Ike.

I mean, the reason for Marth's is that his game still wasn't out in the west by the time Brawl came out... and now I think it's probably just a tradition to have him keep Midorikawa as his voice actor.

I remember though... when Brawl was released earlier in Japan... People uploading footage of Final Smashes... I was sorely disappointed in the lack of "DAI! TEN! KUU!" and got "Great Aether!" instead... I was so used to FE characters having JP voices.

At least they were able to hack the Wii eventually for that.

So... essentially, just wait. They *ARE* still in development. JP voice acting goes first before English in a game like this.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It's also entirely possible that instead of rehiring a voice actor and spending money, they've chosen to simply use the voice clips that were already in Awakening to fill all of needed lines. (And, thus, they needed to record new lines for Ike since there wasn't anywhere near the amount of content to pull from.)

...not at all.

"Your end has come" would be more fitting.

"I'll end it thus!"

Wait, shit, that was Walter in Shin Megami Tensei IV. My bad. They sound exactly the same.

Either that or "Anything can change!" could work.

If they really just use the voice clips from Awakening, then I'll join the crazy, delusional Tharja-supporters, just to hear her yell "You're already dead!" at her opponents. <3