SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I was just about to ask the same. I hope he's not a standalone character. Didn't play KI:U, but as far as I know, they have enough other worthy characters that are much more unique.

Would Sakurai actually give KI three representatives? Hard to say. That's bias vs. reason.

(Would love Medusa, personally. Her new design is awesome.)

Yeah there are definitely a lot of options from KI:U. Medusa, Hades, Viridi for other main gods. Then they have minoins/generals kinda like how Palutena has Pit. But I don't think they'll get a third rep.

Edited by Kyea

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth is a default. This pleases me.

Not me. Because it means Ike is demoted to unlockable after all. :( I don't see why two FE characters would be starters since, well, it's FE.

I mean, I'm still totally happy Ike is in the game at all, but now I don't have any mains as starters. I'm not going to say it'll be awesome having to use someone I'm not used to at all to unlock stuff. Marth is a secondary, but I still used even Toon Link way more and Marth was by far my worst character out of all the ones I used more than a few times.

Not me. Because it means Ike is demoted to unlockable after all. :( I don't see why two FE characters would be starters since, well, it's FE.

I mean, I'm still totally happy Ike is in the game at all, but now I don't have any mains as starters. I'm not going to say it'll be awesome having to use someone I'm not used to at all to unlock stuff. Marth is a secondary, but I still used even Toon Link way more and Marth was by far my worst character out of all the ones I used more than a few times.

Maybe this will give you a chance to try new characters and find a new main or secondary? Hopefully it won't take too long to unlock most characters.

I'm wondering about this topic since everyone here started talking about who's unlockable: Is that really so important? I can hardly remember the time I had to unlock characters in Brawl. The time which you play the game before unlocking everyone is negligibly small compared to the time you play the game with all characters.

Maybe this will give you a chance to try new characters and find a new main or secondary? Hopefully it won't take too long to unlock most characters.

No, I'm not interested in anyone else enough for them to be a new main. Rosalina will be a secondary or something, perhaps. I'll probably choose her to start with.

EDIT: Well, if unlocking characters isn't difficult, I don't have any real issue. But if it's like Melee, and Ike takes a million matches to get, yeah, I'll be kind of annoyed. xP

Edited by Anacybele

IkevsPaultena

qke9.jpg

He battled Ashera. Now you get your chance to battle another fucking god.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/palutena.html

Were getting Mii's and Paultena. Lucina has been confirmed as well...

You can see Masked Lucina at ~0:46 between Link and Luigi.

That's not a confirmation for Lucina. If it was, Toad and Tom Nook would be too, and they're obviously not playable. Toad is still a Peach move and the Villager is the AC rep. xP

There are TWO non-Villager Animal Crossing characters in there. Even if we could be convinced one more would be added, definitely not both. So that shot doesn't confirm any SSB4 playables, especially since amiibos aren't exclusively a Smash thing.

Can't wait to try out Palutena. She's no Rosalina, but looks amazing either way.

The Miis look FANTASTIC. I was on the fence on them, but Sakurai managed to make them look awesome. Holy shit.

First World Problems.

:newyears: Inserts this... :newyears:

This is going to be the ultimate fighting game of the year. It's about friggin time that we can design our own creations (Out of Mii's) and having one of the few characters that I absolutely wanted to make the cut. Palutena. Put in Ness NOW, NINTENDO.

Edited by Bimbo

No, I'm not interested in anyone else enough for them to be a new main. Rosalina will be a secondary or something, perhaps. I'll probably choose her to start with.

EDIT: Well, if unlocking characters isn't difficult, I don't have any real issue. But if it's like Melee, and Ike takes a million matches to get, yeah, I'll be kind of annoyed. xP

If Mii's are starting characters, you could make a Mii Ike haha :p But I doubt the unlocks will be to hard. I thought they were reasonable in Brawl. I wanna swing Ragnell around too!

Can you really know that beforehand?

I really wonder about all the people who go "Oh, new character XY looks amazing. He/she will be my main!". Do you all strictly play the characters you like?

Every character I main is just somebody I tried out and that felt intuitive. None of them were planned.

When Brawl was announced, I found Pit and Meta Knight interesting. Once I tried them, I found out I don't like playing either of them.

It was quite a great reveal with good timing that i actually passed out on the floor for a few minutes after seeing Paultena getting confirmed after she told how legendary that Link was and that she wantd to challenge him. For Ike/Ness. I'd be passed out longer than 5 minutes. I FUCKING LOVE YOU, NINTENDO.

http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/

Watch. It tells other good games as well which I want to absolutely get my hands on Mario NES creation, Yoshi's yarn and Zelda Melee. Meta Knight must fucking make it, too.

Edited by Bimbo

Can you really know that beforehand?

I really wonder about all the people who go "Oh, new character XY looks amazing. He/she will be my main!". Do you all strictly play the characters you like?

No. I don't like Marth, yet I still secondaried him. I plan to try out Charizard too because Mega Zard X and I never liked Charizard. lol

But otherwise, yeah, I play the characters I like.

Palutena looks amazing. And that adds one more to my playable cast of female characters (though, not to brag or anything, but I'm pretty boss with Ike, Ness, and Mario *cough*)

main.png

I just wonder why the US version of the site wasn't uploaded...? I hope it does soon.

Palutena looks amazing. And that adds one more to my playable cast of female characters (though, not to brag or anything, but I'm pretty boss with Ike, Ness, and Mario *cough*)

main.png

I just wonder why the US version of the site wasn't uploaded...? I hope it does soon.

Hee hee...

ilok.jpg

...And we thought that he recycled this project. Just was posted to Psych us out and didn't suspect a thing until this video existed as well as this...

qke9.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/palutena.html

Nintendo's already gonna get rich this year as I plan to buy several games from them this year. THEY CAN TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!!

Edited by Bimbo

US version of the site has been up to date for some time now, actually.

Really? GOOD.

I came home at like 3:00 PM and it wasn't updated, but I checked it on my phone, and it was. Still, WE'RE GOOD TO GO!!`11`121

EDIT: On my computer, it isn't.

Edited by Carter

Really? GOOD.

I came home at like 3:00 PM and it wasn't updated, but I checked it on my phone, and it was. Still, WE'RE GOOD TO GO!!`11`121

Try Ctrl+F5

Really? GOOD.

...And to think that we'd have two Kid Icarus reps. Sales must be booming from uprising like Awakening. Actually, Awakening's sales went ahead of Uprising. But...still. Two Kid Icarus reps.

*Whooooooooooooo.*

I'm glad that I'm still alive to see this day.

Edited by Bimbo

...And to think that we'd have two Kid Icarus reps. Sales must be booming from uprising like Awakening. Actually, Awakening's sales went ahead of Uprising. But...still. Two Kid Icarus reps.

*Whooooooooooooo.*

Is that so surprising? I always thought that Palutena was the safest bet of all possible newcomers.

Well, Miis definitely look like an really interesting and fun addition, especially with the move and appearance customization. The Bill Cosby supporters from Brawl can finally have him playable in Smash by making a Mii of him. =D

Also, I can finally make these two screenshots a reality:

BeanScreenshot3.jpg

BeanScreenshot4.jpg

Even if there's no fart move you could give Miis, I'm sure there must be some sort of fire based move.

As for Palutena, I... guess it's awesome that they added her? I'm not really heavily psyched for her inclusion or anything, but I'm not mad at her being added or anything like that. I mean, moveset wise she's definitely unique and she's quite pretty looks wise, but I don't exactly feel particularly excited for her being added for some reason.