SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't really understand the decision to make ike in ssb hero ike instead of vanguard to begin with. the games have been out for years, and vanguard ike looks so much cooler than hero ike.

lucina has the best alts of the fe characters, though.

Well, better Ike than Marth, I would say. Marth isn't cool, but both Ike and Sigurd are. :3

Considering Sigurd's much more... Built than Marth is, I think it makes sense for him to be an Ike swap over Marth.

Also, Id~Purpose yeeeeeeeeees. Awakening had a great soundtrack. Now Path of the Divine Generals

Also, totally maining Lucina. She seems faster than demo!Marth.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Puh-lease. You're complaining about a character not having a costume you want? Try having one of your mains / favorites cut ENTIRELY from the game.

I feel your pain. One of my mains didn't return…and it pisses me off. I seriously hope this doesn't mean that they haven't been truly axed and there's SpotPass or DLC.

edit: Dunno if it has been reported yet but the main site has posted two more songs: Kapp'n's Song and PAC-MAN (Club Mix)

Edited by Naui

i don't really understand the decision to make ike in ssb hero ike instead of vanguard to begin with. the games have been out for years, and vanguard ike looks so much cooler than hero ike.

I still think Hero Ike looks cool and badass, but I agree that Vanguard Ike looks even cooler and MORE badass. So yeah.

I still think Hero Ike looks cool and badass, but I agree that Vanguard Ike looks even cooler and MORE badass. So yeah.

Missed opportunity in gaming

Vanguard costume

Edited by Formerly ShockMaster

Keep in mind that nothing that ever pertained to FE in Smash ever involved promoted classes, unless that was the one the said character started in ( and I actually do mean, EVERTYTHING, which includes both stickers and trophies. Naturally, there wouldn't be any of them who would

Though if you look at it from the view of the entire cast, there was never (or at least, I don't think) anyone who had an alt that came from the same game that their original look is from. The only possible exceptions might be Zelda's black palette swap that could be a nod to Midna and I want to say Blood Falcon?. I want to say Samus is another exception, but I have very vague knowledge that damn near negligible on the suits Samus had, and which games they actually appeared.

Edited by The King

I'm pretty sure Adult Link had blue and red palette swaps in Melee which would've nodded to his Zora and Goron Tunics. There have been cases. And Zero Suit Samus got those skimpy clothes she's seen in at the end of her games. Shulk has his...underwear. And Power Suit Samus has all kinds of suit colors that came out of Metroid. Mario has that America look from one of his golf games. He and Luigi both have Fire Flower alts which they've used in plenty of games. Rosalina does as well.

Also, there's a first time for everything.

Edited by Anacybele

Keep in mind that nothing that ever pertained to FE in Smash ever involved promoted classes, unless that was the one the said character started in ( and I actually do mean, EVERTYTHING, which includes both stickers and trophies. Naturally, there wouldn't be any of them who would

Though if you look at it from the view of the entire cast, there was never (or at least, I don't think) anyone who had an alt that came from the same game that their original look is from. The only possible exception might be Zelda's black palette swap that could be a nod to Midna. I want to say Samus is another exception, but I have very vague knowledge that damn near negligible on the suits Samus had, and which games they actually appeared.

If I understand what you're saying, then Samus isn't an exception. Her default look is from Other M, the pink/green are just recolor for Smash, the aqua blue is the Fusion suit from Metroid Fusion, the violet blue is the Gravity suit from Prime and the remaining three are the Light Suit, Dark Suit and Dark Samus skin from Prime 2(Dark Samus is also in Prime 3)

Edit: The Pink color may reference how the Varia Suit(her default orange suit) looked in the original Metroid.

Edited by LuxSpes

I'm pretty sure Adult Link had blue and red palette swaps in Melee which would've nodded to his Zora and Goron Tunics. There have been cases. And Zero Suit Samus got those skimpy clothes she's seen in at the end of her games. Shulk has his...underwear. And Power Suit Samus has all kinds of suit colors that came out of Metroid. Mario has that America look from one of his golf games. He and Luigi both have Fire Flower alts which they've used in plenty of games. Rosalina does as well.

Also, there's a first time for everything.

The reasoning for Link could be merely due to how they make for easy palette swaps of red and ble, due to it only being the tunic color that actually changed, which EVERY character has. The Fire Flower form is a reocurring thing, so it does not apply. Can't really say anything about Shulk tho.

You're right that there indeed is a first for everything, but that's still not enough to get one's hopes up

If I understand what you're saying, then Samus isn't an exception. Her default look is from Other M, the pink/green are just recolor for Smash, the aqua blue is the Fusion suit from Metroid Fusion, the violet blue is the Gravity suit from Prime and the remaining three are the Light Suit, Dark Suit and Dark Samus skin from Prime 2(Dark Samus is also in Prime 3)

Edit: The Pink color may reference how the Varia Suit(her default orange suit) looked in the original Metroid.

Oh? Well thanks for clearing that up for me

So how's everyone's hype so far?

A mixture of happy and sad feelings.

I was a bit disappointed by the Duck Hunt dog, but I'm warming up slowly to him. Still pissed about IC not being in the game

Mixture of happy and sad here too. Sad that some alts I really really wanted didn't get in, sad that Luigi has the same alt TWICE (or so it appears), a little sad that the roster we've seen is the final roster (maybe) and that Dixie may not be playable.

But the leaks are partly to blame because they led me to believe that it wasn't the final roster. xP

But I'm happy because I got 2/4 things I wanted for Ike, I'm happy Ike's there at all, and I'm happy for a bunch of other stuff too.

Edited by Anacybele

Ever since Shulk has been confirmed? Probably higher than for any other game ever. Xenoblade is one of my favorite games ever (and Shulk is my current favorite Video Game character of all time), so much so that I've bought it twice and will buy it a third time when it comes out on the 3ds. (First copy was from Europe and I ran it via Homebrew, second was when it came out in North America) I was looking forward to Smash 4 since it's announcement, but the hype train got started for me when Captain Falcon showed up in Lucina's trailer, and Shulk's announcement rose the hype to levels never achieved for me before.

Edited by Shulk

Well, I'm glad that Snake is gone (apart from his Final Smash, I never liked him), however I wish that Sonic would have gone with him. As for the rest of them, I'm a little bit sad that the Ice Climbers and Wolf have gone, and ambivalent about Lucas, Squirtle and Ivysaur being cut.

Finally, I'm glad that Dr. Mario is back, as I really missed him in Brawl. :awesome:

Edited by NinjaMonkey

The reasoning for Link could be merely due to how they make for easy palette swaps of red and ble, due to it only being the tunic color that actually changed, which EVERY character has. The Fire Flower form is a reocurring thing, so it does not apply. Can't really say anything about Shulk tho.

You're right that there indeed is a first for everything, but that's still not enough to get one's hopes up

Oh? Well thanks for clearing that up for me

Shulk only has 1 game, so it can really apply to him. (and aside from the bathing suit alt, every other alt seem to reference another character from the game)

Pretty good.

But it kinda died out when I found out a certain someone was cut. Still, looking forward to trying out ZSS' new moveset changes (and Zelda's new phantom, though I've heard it was really sucky..)

I'm more hyped then I thought I would for the 3ds version. I might buy it, instead of waiting for the Wii U version like I planned originally.

The roster is pretty interesting. I like most picks they went with aside from duck hunt dog who I still need to see about. The return of the clones is a bit of a shame, but I understand why they're there and I don't think we would have gotten another character in place of Lucina, Dark Pit or Doctor Mario anyway.

I never thought Snake was going to make it in again and I always thought Wolf was boring, but i'm a little dissapointed that Lucas did't make it back in. He was one of my favourites in brawl. Still those 3 where still on the list of characters that where likely to get cut. The Ice Climbers on the other hand took me by complete surprise.

The above complaints are pretty minor in my opion though. I don't like it, but I won't get too worked up over it. The only thing I really dislike is that falcondorf seems to be unchanged. I mean come on its the third time Ganondorf is in. They had their chance to think of a proper moveset now.

best Smash roster ever.

Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit are cool, but Alph could have his own roster slot and it wouldn't change anything >_>.

My top five wanteds before were Lucina, Alph, Andy, Shulk, and Chibi-Robo and I'm pretty quite happy.

also haha golden sun lost its assist trophy.