Editing text in FE6 problem

Belf

So I wanted to fix some of the mistakes in the translation for FE6, so I hardpatched the rom and edited the text in FEditor. the problem is that after i've made the changes, while the text looks good, the level up graphics (those +1 effects) get all distorted. Am i doing something wrong here?

feditor doesn't really work on fe6

this is a known bug (been known for ages actually) but nobody who cares is savvy enough and nobody savvy enough cares

How are they able to make updates to the translation patch without screwing anything up then?

this is a known bug (been known for ages actually) but nobody who cares is savvy enough and nobody savvy enough cares

Which is a shame, really, as it would be rather easy to translate the game into other languages with a tool such as feditor. The other 2 gba games sadly (or should I say luckily? yeah I think I should) don't need translations anymore (unless someone would want to take a shot at a "small" language).

How are they able to make updates to the translation patch without screwing anything up then?

There are always other methods I guess. Hexbased is always an option, though troublesome if tools already theoretically exist. But I'm no expert, so yeah.

via some method that isn't FEditor

i spent a full day changing roy's name to "xlpyztl" (it makes sense in context) with a hex editor but i really wouldn't recommend that mehtod

FEditor tends to cause all sorts of lovely glitches and problems with FE6. There was a text editing suite around but it wasn't ever really finished.

Technically, Fixing FEditor isn't the only solution, fixing the three main notable bugs it causes it just as useful.

Fixing Fa and the Level Up graphics have both been done. It's broken Storage which is the issue. And also the main blockade.