1. 1. Prescience or Hit+20?

• Prescience
    • Hit+20
    • Neither
  2. 2. Vengeance or Counter?

• Vengeance
    • Counter
    • Neither

Rounds 15-19 will be on this thread because of poll question limits. Mods can delete old threads to their heart's content if thread clutter is an issue.

This is probably going to be the last "real" thread, I'll probably do a last "controversial" one in FFtF or something.

[PLEASE READ]

Every day I'll add a new section to the poll, so you will have to delete your original answer and redo the poll including the new question if you wish to vote for it. Sorry if there are any problems to this with mobile devices or something.

Rules: (subject to change)

-The skills are based on the game play of the skill, and which is better in most situations in which they are both usable by the same character. (Don't factor Stahl into Luna-Ignis arguments) Unless I say differently, availability can be used as an argument. I'll say so in the thread if there is an exception.

-Proc. rates ARE factored in, but base it only on the raw numbers, not on a character's skill or luck. (People who use Astra typically have higher skill, but it technically activates as much as Aether)

-Bias can be talked about in the forum, but don't let it influence a decision as much as possible.(Sol looks stupid, and therefore Sol is a stupid skill)

-If a skill "plays nice" with other skills, that can be taken into consideration, but keep the focus on the said skill. (Don't go nuts with X+Galeforce is good stuff)

-Rightful King can be used as an argument point, regardless.

-Skills are based on Fire Emblem: Awakening situations only. (Sol doesn't do 3x damage)

-No general difficulty or game setting such as hard or lunatic mode, but stuff like "Lethality is better in Luna+ Streetpass teams" is kinda iffy.

-Assume all Streetpass and DLC features are available.

036.pngPrescience: Hit and Avoid +15 on User's Turn. Archer Lv. 10.

037.pngHit+20: Hit+20. Sniper Lv. 5

-

Hit isn't THAT big of a problem in this game, so I guess the only people who would want to use Hit+20 would be a Volant Axe Warrior or something. Prescience at least gives avoid+15, which could be helpful, but the idea of an archer is that they won't get hit on their own turn anyway.

Edited by Melonhead

Prescience Sucks. Player Phase only, outclassed by Lucky Seven in every way... Given to a class that doesn't really use it.

Hit+20 has its use on Chrom when he's relegated to support duty for Apo.

Hit+20 is solid on Streetpass teams.

Hit+20 gets a point.

The next round should be Acrobat VS Pass, possibly include Movement +1 along with Pass.

Also, try Lifetaker VS Renewal?

Counter VS Vengeance?

Good ideas, I've already done Lifetaker vs Renewal though ;P

You can either have +15 hit sometimes, when you're initiating an attack only, or +20 hit all the time. You don't need +15 avoid on player phase. +20 hit is an easy win here.

Also Gamble vs Focus vs Solidarity vs Anathema (All provide +10 Crit)

Focus flat out loses

Gamble might steal a couple votes, but in the end loses

Solidarity and Anathema have a blow out over those, but ultimately, Anathema wins.

Solidarity vs. Anathema might prove to be a good match, but Anathema is a fair deal better, and comparing them against each other, I'd expect a blow out in Anathema's favor.

Is Hit+20 useful in Lunatic when you have an S-support paired?

It's not really useful for Leads at any time. Supports, on the other hand, love it, because it means that they won't miss their Dual Strikes.

Support bonuses don't apply to Supports, and it can make the difference between hitting or missing, and considering how crucial Dual Strikes become at a certain point, it's arguably one of the best abilities to put on a support.

Edited by Airship Canon

If I wanted some extra avoid I'd have gotten breaker skills or a class of that kind

also implying that archers would be put near enemies in the first place when you first get the skill

Hit Rate +20, at the least, helps against the weapon triangle and works well with long range weapons with low accuracy (e.g Mire, Longbow, Axes)

Edited by The Fush

Neither of these are very useful, but Hit +20 wins out for helping if you happen to be on the wrong end of a breaker skill.

065.pngVengeance: Deals (user's Max HP - Current HP)/2 extra damage. [skillstat]x2. Sorcerer Lv. 5

030.pngCounter: Returns damage when attacked by an adjacent enemy (except damage that KOs the user) Warrior Lv. 15

-

This is kinda hard, but I'm going with Vengeance, as it goes nicely with a wrath+vantage setup. Counter isn't going to tack on that much extra damage unless you are really frail, which is a bigger problem in Awakening than ever.

Neither. Counter just doesn't help much, particularly since the most threatening enemies are those who don't attack at melee range, and going around heavily damaged just so my attacks can "benefit" from Vengeance sounds like a violation of common sense IMO.

I don't think you understand how the Vantage+LB+Vengeance+Wrath+Any Brave Weapon system works.

Actually it's more a matter of "I just don't care, because I have better things to do than go through Myrmidon and Sorcerer, and no way in hell am I going through Berserker" for the avatar and Morgan, and "I'd rather do whatever I please for pairings than try to get access to both Myrmidon and Dark Mage class trees" for the children. Besides, there are other attack skills I'd rather rely on.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Vengeance+Nosferatu (comes with sorc territory too!) / Vengeance+Vantage(+wrath?) are legitimate combos

Counter doesn't stack well with Nosferatu since you're depleting the enemy hp before your own health, and it doesn't stack well with vantage since you only do damage when the other guy hits you for some whoop. I guess the closest to a in game combo it'll get is Lifetaker? and that's only player phase really

It's good to Streetpass troll your friends with Counter Miracle Lethality Pass type of thing but that really doesn't count for much, Vengeance hands down.

Neither. Counter just doesn't help much, particularly since the most threatening enemies are those who don't attack at melee range, and going around heavily damaged just so my attacks can "benefit" from Vengeance sounds like a violation of common sense IMO.

Completely dismissing the idea of taking any damage makes even less sense. You just can't play the game that way (at least on something besides Normal mode or cheesy Avatar solo runs). Using that logic HP is also worthless because it requires you to take damage to benefit from it, and healers are similarly worthless. Enemy phase is a significant portion of combat so you might as well take advantage of the tools provided. In this case, Vengeance is a pretty decent substitute for a faire type skill (and they can stack).

Regarding the topic at hand, Vengeance is better. Quicker to get, no range restriction, and you only have to take damage once for it to kick in.

Completely dismissing the idea of taking any damage makes even less sense. You just can't play the game that way (at least on something besides Normal mode or cheesy Avatar solo runs). Using that logic HP is also worthless because it requires you to take damage to benefit from it, and healers are similarly worthless. Enemy phase is a significant portion of combat so you might as well take advantage of the tools provided. In this case, Vengeance is a pretty decent substitute for a faire type skill (and they can stack).

Regarding the topic at hand, Vengeance is better. Quicker to get, no range restriction, and you only have to take damage once for it to kick in.

Admittedly, it is ridiculous to dismiss the idea of taking no damage at all. But... Having to take a lot of damage just so a skill can be useful is not a good thing in my book, either, and unfortunately, that's the case with both Vengeance and Counter, which meant instant dealbreaker for me.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Vengeance is better because it's pretty much a watered down resolve. Like vantage, entire skillsets are built around this darling of a skill.

Its a great boss killer skill too (Walhart will not die without Vengeance or Luna).