Apotheosis: 5 Weeks Later

Aurabolt

...Katarina will forever be out of my reach.

I avoided it like the plague for 3 weeks because I was afraid of it. Then I spent the last two weeks grinding Skills for the Guest Avatars I picked up from Anime Boston 2013 (All the ones I recruited had both Pavise and Aegis and GF for the female ones) filling out spells, stats and Limit Breakers as well as getting Forging Weaps/Tomes for the team. I went in prepared to lose units (my main file is Classic so....yeah) and made it to the 5th round with Chrom, MU x Miriel, Lucina x Brady and Donnel x Cordelia remaining (The X between names is to let you know they were married as well as paired together). Everyone else died left and right starting with the 2nd round.

This is the Route I took during this attempt and no it wasn't my first attempt. It's just the furthest I got:

1st Round: 5 Generals + 2 War Monks

2nd Round: Fliers + Berserkers

3rd Round: Snipers + Bow Knights (lost most of my team here)

4th Round: Fliers

5th Round: The Pain Train

Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to last through the 5th round or at the very least, have most of my units past the 3rd to better my chances in the 5th. I didn't bring in any Rally Bots or use Skil Gaius' Confect/etc. either. I wasn't expecting to get as far as I did to be honest. Donny (Hero Class) prettymuch carried Rounds 3 and 4 by himself. I also discovered prettymuch anything on the Throne = untouchable and parked Chrom there after Sumia went down xD

All I can say is DAMN. And Apotheosis/The Strongest One's Name is easily the most ruthless and unforgiving challenge in the history of Fire Emblem. I doubt any other can top it in terms of the sheer brutality.

You have not tried FE5 SSS

Anyway, the trick is to have maximized unit with Limit Breaker, Galeforce, and Rescue Staff

My Avatar's Male so no GF.

I already have all of those skills! I shall do it at once! THANK YOU!

Assumung I pull it off do you mind if post this stratedgy on my Game Blog? The link's in my sig.

Edited by Aurabolt

I did the normal path, default options on my second try. I only had Maribelle and Lissa rallying/healing/rescuing; Lissa had Heart, Magic, Speed, Move, Luck and Maribelle had Res, Magic, Move, Luck iirc (don't have my 3DS here to check). I didn't need to rally every turn but I had most people LB'd and everyone paired. So I'd recommend at least two staffers who can also rally even if not the whole spectrum. I only gave tonics/candy/etc to a few units who needed help.

The first two rounds were pretty simple since I knew where they were gonna spawn, after that I lured enemies in and then Galeforced them to death. I only came close to losing someone once or twice in the last few rounds, but everyone survived~

Most of the fighting was done by LB GM Morgan + LB DreadF Owain, LB GL Lucina + Gen Cynthia, LB Hero Severa + LB (but not capped) WL Gerome, and LB (uncapped) DFl Aversa (in place of my Avatar who was getting Armsthrift) + LB Bride Cordelia. It was fun.

My Avatar's Male so no GF.

I already have all of those skills! I shall do it at once! THANK YOU!

Assumung I pull it off do you mind if post this stratedgy on my Game Blog? The link's in my sig.

Go ahead.

Normal route is easy really, use those children who has galeforce. Pick the Fliers route, extra damage helps, and as for the achers, bait them out first.

If you have vantage, you maybe take a gamble and kill them on enemy turn, but player's turn kill is more secure and steady.

You only have to use confects/tonics once, correct?

They last the entire duration of a single battle and yes.

If you don't have any, sometimes you'll see 'em for sale from wandering guest Avatars or Wandering Merchants.

You can buy all the tonics through the overworld map and they are as good as using a Tiki's Tear, afaik.

But not as good as using Gaius/Kiris' Confects, which can't be bought so easily. And Apotheosis is definitely the map to use those two items on xD

...How in the heck does on clear the first round in two turns?!
Tiki's method is all that it takes. =)
-----
Well...in the fifth round, I would usually defeat the Longbow Snipers first whenever possible and that I would defeat a couple units and Rescue them away. It helps to lower their numbers before the rest get to you and that most of the Snipers should be gone if you kill them first. As you won't get counterattacked by killing them.
Note: The Longbow Snipers should always die first as you can't counterattack them without a Longbow Sniper of your own while killing the others during the enemy phase. Secondly, you can do this route entirely without Limitbreaker. Better Rally SPAM like hell if your to survive without Limitbreaker. During the second round, I usually battle the War Clerics. None of them have Hawkeye and they are very easy to deal with Lucky Seven along with Quick Burn. Chrom+A/S supported character should solo the Generals on the first round. The War Clerics are easiest to kill with Brave Swords as their Aegis+ won't activate.
Things needed....
-At least two Rally bots
Rally bot #1 (male)
-Rally Skill
-Rally Str
-Rally Mag
-Rally Luck
-Rally Spectrum
Rally bot#2 (female)
-Rally Spectrum
-Rally Love
-Rally Res
-Rally Def
-Rally Speed
-Elixirs
-Brave weapons (forged)
-Forged Bolt Axes
-Forged Levin Swords
-Forged Waste
-Forged Nosferatu/Aversa's Night
-Forged Celica Gales (Have an army of them, if possible)
-Have lots of Rescue staves if your playing this on Classic. (Needed to get them out of trouble if they're to be killed without getting them out of the way.)
-Have a few Fortifies
-Have a few Physics
-Tonics
-Plus skills (Needed to break Dragonskin apart)
-Luna/Ignis (Needed to break Dragonskin apart)
-Astra
With that, you've just gotta follow with
what he says along with mine and Katarina's yours.
Edited by ポーラ