FE9 Data Transfer

Aless

I'm starting a playthrough of FE10 after ages, I also lost me old GC memory card so I'm doing a whole FE9 playthrough too.

Who should I focus on for max play-off in RD? I'll probably do Sothe, Jill, Illyana and Ike/Soren (because I still never got that one convo).

I'm gonna play PoR in Easy so it'll be easy enough to get 20/20 for most units.

I'm starting a playthrough of FE10 after ages, I also lost me old GC memory card so I'm doing a whole FE9 playthrough too.

Who should I focus on for max play-off in RD? I'll probably do Sothe, Jill, Illyana and Ike/Soren (because I still never got that one convo).

I'd forget about Sothe and instead focus on a transfer for Marcia.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Don't play PoR on easy, there is a bug that will not allow you to transfer data if you have any easy files. If you want to use Nephenee, I would give her transfers even though she can do without them. What mode of Radiant Dawn will you be playing?

Don't play PoR on easy, there is a bug that will not allow you to transfer data if you have any easy files. If you want to use Nephenee, I would give her transfers even though she can do without them. What mode of Radiant Dawn will you be playing?

I know, but this was with early NoA releases only? I'm playing on a PAL version which I've never had issues.

I'm probably gonna be playing on normal mode, it's been awhile since I've played and I remember hard mode being particularly annoying.

Don't use Sothe. His stats transfer directly from PoR to RD. In most cases, you'll get a Sothe that is actually weaker than if you don't transfer his Lvl 20 stats.

Here's my list of characters I think you'll get a lot of our by transferring:

Jill (she can use the Str and Def early in Dawn Brigade if you can cap them)

Marcia (the +2 Spd will help her double more enemies in 2-E)

Oscar and Mia (if you can cap their strength they'll be more useful throughout Chapter 3)

Zihark (He needs the Str desperately and the Spd can't hurt either)

Nephenee doesn't really need the transfers to be awesome, but they can't hurt.

And while Makalov has crappy availability like all of the other Crimean Knights, if you can cap his speed he can double up some enemies in Chapter 2 and be decent instead of generally worthless.

Ilyana has great availability in RD but she's not likely to cap what she really needs (Speed) and she's going to the Greil Mercenaries who have better units to use instead of her. Mages generally don't hold up so well in Endgame either.

Here's a list of people I wouldn't bother with in PoR because of stats or availability:
Titania (good enough without), Shinon (unlikely to cap, good enough), Haar (unlikely to cap, freakin powerhouse without) Kieran, Astrid, Geoffrey, Volke, Lucia, Bastian, Calill, Tormod, Stefan (bad availability)

Yeah I wouldn't bother with most of that last list anyway, except maybe Kieran because he's a boss in PoR and his supports are THE best.

I'm thinking a good list for now being Ike, Boyd, Oscar, Soren, Illyana, Marcia, Zihark (or Mia, maybe both), Jill, and Nephenee for now.

Also I forgot how easy it is to gain levels on Easy, I'm on chapter 7 and Ike is already level 15, jesus.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly it depends on what difficulty playthrough you are going to play on Radiant Dawn. I didn't find Ilyana to be amazingly more beneficial to anyone on easy but on HM I don't know how I ever got around without her. I don't think you need to focus too much on Sothe though as he isn't great in RD and the moments he is great he's usually going to be OP enough as it is and he never has any problem capping any stats. Jill is probably the best character you can get transfers on IMO and Ike is definitely worth it too, Soren is a tough one but probably worth it as well I guess.

I would recommend following some sort of strategy like this

Zihark or Mia

Giffca because...Instant Str cap

Elincia, can cap 5 stats + HP

Marcia or Tanith (Not needed that much if you choose to pick Nephenee but still do-able)

Jill

Shinon

Ulki (Str cap)

Gatrie or Brom

Kieran

Titania

Nephenee

Ilyana or Soren

Boyd

Callil? - Get's Largo's stats too

I wouldn't use:

Oscar - Silver Knights suck to be honest...

Mist - Still useless even with Transferred stats

Volke - Comes too late, and a weak class

Ranulf/Lethe - Cat gauge, eww

Stefan - Comes too late, Mia/Zihark > Stefan

Most of the CRK - Apart from Kieran, temporary units at best

Haar - He rocks as it is, and is a lot more trouble than it's worth to get him a speed cap

Lucia - See Stefan

Bastian - See Volke

Geoffrey - See Oscar

Rolf - -/1 to 20/20 is just a complete waste of experience especially on a unit without a 1-2 range

Sothe - You can use train him if you have the spare experience but not necessary

Tauroneo - Not worth the investment of speedwings/energy drops etc

Janaff - Unable to max strength without ED whereas Ulki can without the need of an ED.

Rhys - Bishop class...Lol

Tormod - Availability

Hope this clears it up a bit for you man. I Might repost my save again if I get the opportunity.