4.rally spec

5.sol

Married to Frederick

-no dlc/grind

-no spotpass

-no bonus box

-no nosfertanking

-no solo (chrom/mu)

I do allow skrims/anna shops and this is not a LTC (although I intend to, once I play through this once since char growths/playstyle/pairs is essential.

So right now I'm stumped. I wanted to reclass MU to mercenary for armshift (forged killing edge) but getting to level 10 with that internal level is indicative to soloing.

Is assassin/swordmaster a viable class, or should I just stay as a hero? What skills should I be aiming for?

Edited by comingsoon

Too bad you didn't use Merc when you were still unpromoted. It's hardly worth it at this point with the internal levels you'd eat from sealing out of a promoted class.

Assassin and Swordmaster are alright for a bit (especially Assassin), but lategame those DEF caps are going to destroy you. You may want a sturdier final landing spot, particularly since your SPD asset will allow some of the "slower" classes to still be viable late.

Dark Knight can get you Lifetaker. Sol + Lifetaker is a lot of healing. Plus your stats will be pretty balanced.

Edited by lethality

If you want to make the game way easier you could go sorcerer, nosferatu + sol would make counter less bad. That's how I beat the game in lunatic+ '-'

Edited by Nobody

Too bad you didn't use Merc when you were still unpromoted. It's hardly worth it at this point with the internal levels you'd eat from sealing out of a promoted class.

Assassin and Swordmaster are alright for a bit (especially Assassin), but lategame those DEF caps are going to destroy you. You may want a sturdier final landing spot, particularly since your SPD asset will allow some of the "slower" classes to still be viable late.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, at this point any unpromoted class skill's is unreasonable. I would've reclassed to mercenary but my entire playstyle is based on rally spectrum.

Any specific class you are proposing?

Dark Knight can get you Lifetaker. Sol + Lifetaker is a lot of healing. Plus your stats will be pretty balanced.

I don't think regen is my biggest concern atm.

i think your avatar would really benefit from the durability of dark knight.

TBH I haven't tested the class out so I am completely theorycrafting using the growth charts/skills. Would you mind expanding on your notion?

If you want to make the game way easier you could go sorcerer, nosferatu + sol would make counter less bad. That's how I beat the game in lunatic+ '-'

I don't intend on soloing with MU or abusing nosferatu

Edited by comingsoon

b59a2327c0a1004563b672a45b256ea4.png

Those are Hero -> Dark Knight class changing gains.

You lose a bit of speed to gain a good chunk of durability. Plus if your Avatar had a decent tome rank before reclassing, they can regain that while riding on a horse. Plus you still keep your A Swords.

Was going to advise going Hero(Sol, maybe Axebreaker) -> Dark Flier(Galeforce) and finishing as a Paladin, but Dark Knight is probably the best option overall, I'd agree.

Alternatively, you could get Galeforce and then go Dark Knight for Galeforce + Lifetaker, which is kinda neat.

Edited by HeoandReo

Well judging from the existing class path her tome rank is probably not awful considering otherwise she would have had to go with Levin swords exclusively for range and that's a good deal more expensive and less durable than a tome (although quite a bit stronger than the lower-level ones) so DK should be pretty viable. It does have the same weapon set as Grandmaster, which she went through, after all.

b59a2327c0a1004563b672a45b256ea4.png

Those are Hero -> Dark Knight class changing gains.

You lose a bit of speed to gain a good chunk of durability. Plus if your Avatar had a decent tome rank before reclassing, they can regain that while riding on a horse. Plus you still keep your A Swords.

Hmmm I can compensate the spd drop by pairing with Chrom instead of Frederick, but the drop in def (from pairing with chrom) means i'll be taking a lot from those 100% spears.

What is your tome spell ranks? If you had a high tome rank you could go with magic.

Edit: Ninja'd

B+

Was going to advise going Hero(Sol, maybe Axebreaker) -> Dark Flier(Galeforce) and finishing as a Paladin, but Dark Knight is probably the best option overall, I'd agree.

Alternatively, you could get Galeforce and then go Dark Knight for Galeforce + Lifetaker, which is kinda neat.

I won't be getting galeforce since it seems kinda redundant to me. Going an extra turn is a luxury IMO unless you are doing a LTC.

I think I will try the Dark knight.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, at this point any unpromoted class skill's is unreasonable. I would've reclassed to mercenary but my entire playstyle is based on rally spectrum.

Any specific class you are proposing?

Dark Knight is a decent choice, as others have been suggesting. You'll need to fiddle with your support partner to get the 50 SPD for Grima, though. You need +6 over your max in that class, so at least +4 from support after a Tonic.