FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

As someone who was there for the original Twilkitri patch and contributed a little bit to the quality testing of it, I want to say that this is outstanding work from what I've seen. Congrats, guys.

Now, let's talk about Thracia *SHOT*

I do have one question: you guys mention a patching program for patching the ROM. That's good for Windows. But is there something that would work on this on a Mac?

The reason we went with UPS is because IPS as a format didn't seem to work with files over 16MB, but that's not an issue anymore. I'll look into posting an IPS version when I get home.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have one question: you guys mention a patching program for patching the ROM. That's good for Windows. But is there something that would work on this on a Mac?

get Wine or Mono and run NUPS

Multipatch is supposed to support UPS files, but it apparently has issues.

gringe, I would be really interested in an IPS version of the patch. Could you post one?

EDIT: Sorry if I sounded a bit impatient, but I do want an IPS version :P

Edited by AlexMH3

Can anybody give me tips on how to apply two patches to the same file? Multipatch isn't able to do it on my mac, is it possible to do this on the windows patcher files?

Apply one, then apply the other. Ensure that the patches' data will not overwrite one another, or you may have problems.

Details would help. Is this the translation patch? Is it the UPS or IPS version? What patching program are you using? Did you apply it to the original Japanese ROM?

Since you're the first one to say so, just "it's corrupt" doesn't give me anything to go on to offer you assistance.

I got it to apply instead of just saying it was corrupt but now when I try to play the game it says something about it not being able to open it then it says something about it being an unsupported file type. I'm using the patching program linked in the OP. NUPS I think it's called? I'm kinda new to this kind of stuff.

I think so. Like I said I'm not really experienced in this kind of thing.

If you unzipped it, it should not be in a folder that looks like it has a zipper on it and you should have had some program, whether it's a free one like 7-zip or a paid one, to unzip (decompress) the folder. The process to actually unzip the files is usually called "Extract" and it will make a new folder that looks normal that will include all the documents in the original zipped folder.

After unzipping, I've personally placed the NUPS program folder and patch folder into my folder with the VBA and clean Japanese ROM.

Open up NUPS (bear with me as I'm inexperienced as well but I believe NUPS works with Windows and a program called wine will allow Macs to use Windows programs) and click "Apply an UPS patch to a file"

In "File to Patch," browse for the clean Japanese ROM (I would recommend to also keep a clean copy on hand so you don't have to go re-find it)

In "UPS Patch," browse for the Redux patch and hit "Patch"

From then on unless you changed the options, it should automatically stay patched whenever you open back up the ROM

By the way, gringe, I'm enjoying the game so far as a first-time player. I don't recall if this was ever covered and it's a minor detail but did you change Dracoshield to Dragonshield?

Was the patch extension still .ups after extraction?

Most importantly the ROM has to be clean (as in unpatched) and the Japanese ROM. So if you got, say, an FE6 ROM with English on it already, that was prepatched (I think they call permapatched) and you can't use this patch to make it work properly.

I can only guess that the "Extract all..." doesn't work properly or the patch may have been improperly applied. Try getting another clean Japanese ROM and see if it will patch properly this time.

Yes the patch extension was the same.

I think the ROM was clean. It was certainly Japanese. Other than a few little things in English like the little "Fire Emblem" above the Japanese title and the save menu showing "No Data."

So it seems I was being an idiot. It wasn't working because I didn't extract the ROM as well. I decided to try it to see if that's what was wrong and I got it to work. Sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

As a Mac user who used MultiPatch to patch the game(in UPS format, too!), I can confirm it works just fine. In fact, gringe, I recommend linking to it in the OP.

EDIT: Btw, in the next patch, I recommend changing Klain's name to either Klane or Clane. I feel like those would get the intended pronunciation of his name across a little better in addition to (IMO) looking a little more natural. Or maybe make his name Crane, since Klain is a rather odd name in general IMO, no matter how you spell it.

Edited by Matthewtheman