I cant pick a Wife for Robin D:

Zitro

Which wife?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which wife for Robin?

Personally, I wouldn't recommend going for third gen unless you're using a female Avatar if we're talking about min-max since the male children net better offensive modifiers(Laurent and Yarne are noteworthy) and Morgan can run Galeforce + Aggressor, but if you want to marry Lucina, I'd actually recommend Sumia!Lucina instead for the skill and speed difference, while your Avatar's asset could make up for the slight strength deficiency compared to Olivia. Modifiers don't matter nearly as much as people think, but since Morgan already inherits every skill in the game by default, it's basically all he/she cares about.

But also to cover the TC's issue, my personal recommendation for (male) Avatar use would roughly go as follows:

Tharja = Nowi > Panne = Miriel = Cherche > Lissa > Sully > Cordelia > Sumia = Olivia = Maribelle

Tharja and Nowi have at least one good class by themselves, (Sorcerer and Manakete) but are missing a lot of vital skills to make their kids excel at their role. Namely, both want Galeforce, Vantage and Sol at minimum, Tharja also wants Armsthrift, Aegis and Tomefaire while Nowi wants Pavise/Aegis and maybe Great Knight. Understandably, no one other than the Avatar can get them all of that. (But Gaius should probably go to the other) Both also have really good mods to work with, so Morgan still gets a lot out of the deal.

Panne, Miriel and Cherche are roughly tied because since their kids lack Galeforce, the next best thing would be to give them a niche in every other skill in the game. Morgan also appreciates the stat modifiers that each parent gives her. Yarne and Gerome are roughly left as Dual Guard bots without Avatar, though, although I'd argue that Gerome has it better because of flight and Sol and Cherche's stats aren't quite as good as Panne's, but she lacks the beast weakness if it matters.

Sully, Lissa and Cordelia are next, though out of the three, Cordelia and Sully don't need him as much as Lissa, since Sully just wants Mercenary and maybe Galeforce and Cordelia just wants Vantage and/or Luna. Keep in mind that for both of them, only Donnel gives Sully Merc + Galeforce and only Stahl gives Cordelia Vantage + Luna. Lissa appreciates Avatar to make up for her mediocre modifiers and Owain likes him to get Luna + Dark Mage as well as other good options such as Vantage/Sol and Armsthrift to make his Missiletainn unbreakable.

Lastly, Olivia, Sumia and Maribelle already yield 3 of the best kids skill-wise, (Inigo gets Galeforce + Myrm/Merc, Cynthia and Brady get Galeforce/Luna/Dual Guard/Tomefaire to be instant casters and supports) so they don't really need Avatar. Out of the three Sumia's probably the best of them since marrying Avatar to her solves her marriage problems and yields good mods, but it's basically a mods marriage at its core and Cynthia's really just fine with any dad thanks to her natural skillset. (Even Fred, though he's the worst father for her)

Edited by HeoandReo

Personally, I wouldn't recommend going for third gen unless you're using a female Avatar if we're talking about min-max since the male children net better offensive modifiers(Laurent and Yarne are noteworthy) and Morgan can run Galeforce + Aggressor, but if you want to marry Lucina, I'd actually recommend Sumia!Lucina instead for the skill and speed difference, while your Avatar's asset could make up for the slight strength deficiency compared to Olivia. Modifiers don't matter nearly as much as people think, but since Morgan already inherits every skill in the game by default, it's basically all he/she cares about.

But also to cover the TC's issue, my personal recommendation for (male) Avatar use would roughly go as follows:

Tharja = Nowi > Panne = Miriel = Cherche > Lissa > Sully > Cordelia > Sumia = Olivia = Maribelle

Tharja and Nowi have at least one good class by themselves, (Sorcerer and Manakete) but are missing a lot of vital skills to make their kids excel at their role. Namely, both want Galeforce, Vantage and Sol at minimum, Tharja also wants Armsthrift, Aegis and Tomefaire while Nowi wants Pavise/Aegis and maybe Great Knight. Understandably, no one other than the Avatar can get them all of that. (But Gaius should probably go to the other) Both also have really good mods to work with, so Morgan still gets a lot out of the deal.

Panne, Miriel and Cherche are roughly tied because since their kids lack Galeforce, the next best thing would be to give them a niche in every other skill in the game. Morgan also appreciates the stat modifiers that each parent gives her. Yarne and Gerome are roughly left as Dual Guard bots without Avatar, though, although I'd argue that Gerome has it better because of flight and Sol and Cherche's stats aren't quite as good as Panne's, but she lacks the beast weakness if it matters.

Sully, Lissa and Cordelia are next, though out of the three, Cordelia and Sully don't need him as much as Lissa, since Sully just wants Mercenary and maybe Galeforce and Cordelia just wants Vantage and/or Luna. Keep in mind that for both of them, only Donnel gives Sully Merc + Galeforce and only Stahl gives Cordelia Vantage + Luna. Lissa appreciates Avatar to make up for her mediocre modifiers and Owain likes him to get Luna + Dark Mage as well as other good options such as Vantage/Sol and Armsthrift to make his Missiletainn unbreakable.

Lastly, Olivia, Sumia and Maribelle already yield 3 of the best kids skill-wise, (Inigo gets Galeforce + Myrm/Merc, Cynthia and Brady get Galeforce/Luna/Dual Guard/Tomefaire to be instant casters and supports) so they don't really need Avatar. Out of the three Sumia's probably the best of them since marrying Avatar to her solves her marriage problems and yields good mods, but it's basically a mods marriage at its core and Cynthia's really just fine with any dad thanks to her natural skillset. (Even Fred, though he's the worst father for her)

Very nice post on a Tier of sorts for needing Robin's genes.

But what about the other part, namely which wife makes a good pair up partner (as lead or support doesn't matter, as long as they can be used together even in the Post Game DLC) for Robin?

I kinda don't agree with you on Gaius being a better father for Cynthia than Frederick. Aside from Sol, Gaius doesn't allow Cynthia to get much of anything of note.

I kinda don't agree with you on Gaius being a better father for Cynthia than Frederick. Aside from Sol, Gaius doesn't allow Cynthia to get much of anything of note.

Vantage.

Vantage + Offense is what wins. Vant+Kill >>> Nosfertanking > Hard Tanking

Obviously, MU > Anyone but for Cynthia...

Gaius!Cynthia >> Henry!Cynthia > Chrom!Cynthia >> Frederick!Cynthia

She's pretty much born to abuse that Tomefaire/DF access. Fred is extremely redundant with her, and doesn't give her something like Aether to make up for it.

Sol is terrible, Luna is much better.

Vantage.

Vantage + Offense is what wins. Vant+Kill >>> Nosfertanking > Hard Tanking

Obviously, MU > Anyone but for Cynthia...

Gaius!Cynthia >> Henry!Cynthia > Chrom!Cynthia >> Frederick!Cynthia

She's pretty much born to abuse that Tomefaire/DF access. Fred is extremely redundant with her, and doesn't give her something like Aether to make up for it.

Sol is terrible, Luna is much better.

IMO, Vantage is just awful - needing to be under half HP just to attack first is nothing short of stupid in my book. ESPECIALLY if most of the time, it won't even make a difference unless the enemy was weak enough to kill in one hit anyway.

Edited by Levant Fortner

IMO, Vantage is just awful - needing to be under half HP just to attack first is nothing short of stupid in my book. ESPECIALLY if most of the time, it won't even make a difference unless the enemy was weak enough to kill in one hit anyway.

1? Try 6. Little hint, it's -very- easy to have a pair up partner that hits for more than 20, so it's not like the enemy can live thru the opening anyways.

Vantage is the most powerful defensive skill in the game, barring ONLY Limit Breaker (Because Limit Breaker is... well, the most powerful everything skill.). Turns Defense into offense.

1? Try 6. Little hint, it's -very- easy to have a pair up partner that hits for more than 20, so it's not like the enemy can live thru the opening anyways.

Vantage is the most powerful defensive skill in the game, barring ONLY Limit Breaker (Because Limit Breaker is... well, the most powerful everything skill.). Turns Defense into offense.

I'd agree with you - that is, if this game's Vantage wasn't the shitty FE4 Vantage, but FE9 Vantage. As is, I cannot and will not agree with you because I find needing to be under half HP to be too much of a deal breaker.

I personally think that Vantage is one of the best skills in the game,(if not as offense, then as insurance) but aside from that, the way I see it is that Fred doesn't give Cynthia much of note, either. She already has Knight from Sumia, so she gets Pavise/Luna/Dual Guard right out of the box. The most she gets from Fred is Aegis... and Deliverer I guess. The stat mods don't particularly compliment each other either, since Fred drags down Cynthia's speed and magic quite a lot. She could run Lancefaire as a Paladin as physical support, but Gaius also lets her do that with Swordfaire + Assassin.

Fred as a parent is best used either to make an already slow and bulky kid even bulkier (Gerome) or with a character who has all the tools they need to abuse his gifts. (Inigo, Severa, Gerome again) Since Cynthia lacks something like Sol except with Avatar/Gaius as a dad, she's not really built to abuse the stuff that Fred gives, namely Pavise/Aegis completion. (And Pavise/Aegis and Sol are mutually exclusive with Cynthia anyway except with Avatar, so it's a moot point.)

Then again, in most cases, Sumia probably shouldn't be marrying anyone other than Chrom or Henry. (And if it were up to me, she should only marry Henry. :P) Gaius is better used for a kid who wants Vantage/Sol/Galeforce, such as Noire, Nah or Kjelle, or for other kids who want Vantage/Sol, like Yarne or Laurent. And that being said, Fred!Cynthia isn't in a bad place to be, considering that Sumia only has 4 choices of husband not named Avatar, and Cynthia ends up solid with all of them.

Edited by HeoandReo

Very nice post on a Tier of sorts for needing Robin's genes.

But what about the other part, namely which wife makes a good pair up partner (as lead or support doesn't matter, as long as they can be used together even in the Post Game DLC) for Robin?

Anyone? :D

I personally think that Vantage is one of the best skills in the game,(if not as offense, then as insurance) but aside from that, the way I see it is that Fred doesn't give Cynthia much of note, either. She already has Knight from Sumia, so she gets Pavise/Luna/Dual Guard right out of the box. The most she gets from Fred is Aegis... and Deliverer I guess. The stat mods don't particularly compliment each other either, since Fred drags down Cynthia's speed and magic quite a lot. She could run Lancefaire as a Paladin as physical support, but Gaius also lets her do that with Swordfaire + Assassin.

Fred as a parent is best used either to make an already slow and bulky kid even bulkier (Gerome) or with a character who has all the tools they need to abuse his gifts. (Inigo, Severa, Gerome again) Since Cynthia lacks something like Sol except with Avatar/Gaius as a dad, she's not really built to abuse the stuff that Fred gives, namely Pavise/Aegis completion. (And Pavise/Aegis and Sol are mutually exclusive with Cynthia anyway except with Avatar, so it's a moot point.)

Then again, in most cases, Sumia probably shouldn't be marrying anyone other than Chrom or Henry. (And if it were up to me, she should only marry Henry. :P) Gaius is better used for a kid who wants Vantage/Sol/Galeforce, such as Noire, Nah or Kjelle, or for other kids who want Vantage/Sol, like Yarne or Laurent. And that being said, Fred!Cynthia isn't in a bad place to be, considering that Sumia only has 4 choices of husband not named Avatar, and Cynthia ends up solid with all of them.

Perhaps, but IMO, Gaius is wasted on Sumia for the same reason you think Frederick's a waste for her. At least Frederick's a free Luna, meaning that I have the only real reason I need to go Great Knight locked up.

But I'm not looking just for a partner, I'm looking for a good way to use Robin's genes as well.

I maintain my stance of "Focus on Morgan". Everyone else turns out great as-is. Only thing Morgan cares about is either getting a special skill (Aether, Shadowgift, Rightful King, probably not Conquest because that's a dud skill, but it's there) and/or Mods.

Out of your set, Lucina has the biggest impact on Morgan.

is it too late

if not, marry cynthia

If she is Chrom!Cynthia (like mine is), isn't Lucina better?:

- Plot

- You get Lucina earlier

- Access to lord and great lord classes, so Lucina can get Dual Strike+ and Rightful King.

If she is Chrom!Cynthia (like mine is), isn't Lucina better?:

- Plot

- You get Lucina earlier

- Access to lord and great lord classes, so Lucina can get Dual Strike+ and Rightful King.

In terms of skill inheritance, Lucina getting Rightful King and Dual Strike+ means squat - she'll always pass down Aether.

Edited by Levant Fortner

In terms of skill inheritance, Lucina getting Rightful King and Dual Strike+ means squat - she'll always pass down Aether.

That's not what I meant. I meant Lucina herself has then, so she can use them alongside Robin in Pair Ups.