New guy, New sprites

MrStarster

Well, here's a few things I've done.

This was my first few FE stuff. not really sheets but it was something.

post-8460-0-42234700-1372468024_thumb.png

These were an attempt to put Darksouls characters as FE styled sprites.

Next few attempts. These were recent.

post-8460-0-72940900-1372468015_thumb.png

Dismounted knight kinda guy...

post-8460-0-95024100-1372468017_thumb.png

A thief... not really a good one.

post-8460-0-43312600-1372468038_thumb.png

Now this was a sprite I did just because I saw a similar sprite and wanted to try it.

post-8460-0-41848400-1372468359_thumb.png

This was the dismounted paladin sprite I did that actually made me want to post these.

post-8460-0-61695500-1372468035_thumb.png

This is my attempt at making a sprite... different yet the same... Idk, he has alot of work in him just because of the adding different stuff to him.

post-8460-0-82709600-1372468029_thumb.png

Pirate bandit thing... I didn't do much.

And these were a few days ago. These were pure customs besides the hair. that was ripped directly from the original sprites.

post-8460-0-47739600-1372468021_thumb.png

She is the bandit... brigand... person, but female. Yup...

Love some feed back.

Edited by MrStarster

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, other than the female berserker and female bandit, they have odd proportions, and on the zerker, the breasts look wrong they just don't look like that, i can't tell you how to fix this, i'm no artist but other than the bandit class tree it all looks great, and i must ask since are all of those animations insert-able?

Not sure really. I know those two aren't the best but I still like the bandit. Female zerker was my least favorite to sprite. but it was a try. and about the animation insertion, again, not sure. I've never tried nor do i know how.

Oh, and thank you for the comment and your opinion. Forgot to say that.

Edited by MrStarster

For the femzerker, breasts start at at the armpit and are not perfect spheres. They confirm to gravity and the larger they are without support, the more pull gravity has on it. Fabric also does not work that way around boobs. I've seen my fair share of it done like that since superhero comics etc but it's incorrect. It shouldn't be separate for each breast at the current shape you have, which looks like a strap across but with sockets. Either get rid of the boob-socking, or convert to a bikini type top if you want it separate.

But hey, better than some other attempts of femzerker I've seen.

Here's some references (slightly nsfw?) if you want. [LINK]

Edited by Thor Odinson

These are pretty neat man!

The first one is pretty bad ass, but in my opinion, it doesn't really suit his portrait that well. The mug has thick armor but his sprite doesn't match it. Same kinda goes with the map sprite. But aside from that its not bad!

Edit: i just looked back and noticed that he's slashing with his left arm instead of his right. Shouldn't it be his right arm wielding the sword?

Also digging the Paladin too. Its pretty neat, but his map sprite is missing the shield.

The Female Brigand is pretty creative. However, it seems that her mouth is too big when she's critting, its kind of taking over her face. Also it goes into the outline of her head.

Maybe you should make her axe bigger in her standing frame? they seem to be different sizes from that and when she attacks.

Hope I helped!

Edited by GhastStation

Hey guys. Thanks for all the feed back. It makes me want to improve on my work and just do more of it. I want to do one of those dark soul sprites but I'll do one for now. So... just tell me which one you want.

Um, I did another dismounted sprite. It's the Wyvern Rider... Also I did a little sprite portrait of a new guy I like to call Sir Rustbucket and did a little sprite of him as the rider just added a small mustache.

post-8460-0-94405700-1374111473_thumb.png

Edited by MrStarster

Wow, these are pretty fantastic, especially the dismounted ones and the dark soul ones, really great quality. The female sprites obviously have proportion issues (make the zerkan arms a tad smaller and curve the body inwards slightly and then do the exact opposite on the stick chick) but yeah pretty impressive overall!

Well I know for a fact someone is considering doing a FE5 remake at some point in the new FE engine, so having dismounted sprites would be a really valuable and appreciated addition to the community. Even if they were just sort of generic axe/sword/lance/bow dismounted sprites, they'd go a looong way towards making the FE5 remake happen.

Oh cool. I'd like to see them used to be honest. I've made sprites for some time and just stopped for some time because I figured they'd never be used. Now I'm doing them again as a hobby and for fun. If you do find a use for them just tell me and I'd be happy to finish or touch up a sprite.

Lol, I can understand the laziness. If you need anything in the future or something just ask and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Oh, and I think if I recall correctly, the reason why I attempted the female brigand is because of your randomized class video. Manly Eirika and all that.