Cordelia vs. Tharja

ZemZem

143 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the more likable character?

Wait a second. Are any of you people really complaining about Cordelia's aversion to being called Genius?

...Corde not liking being called Genius is a combination of it being used as Sarcasm and then later a case of Survivor Guilt. It's actually one of the best written things in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Tharja because she's fucked up the way she is. One of my favorite characters.

A lot of people hate on her because "oh, terrible mother" (completely ignoring the alternate timeline thing), or "oh, creepy stalker", and "oh, wants to rape Robin."

And that's all well and good, I suppose, disagreeable as I find the "terrible mother" stuff to be. People don't like her because she's a 'terrible' person. Good for them; they can like morally approvable characters and dislike those that aren't if that's what does it for 'em. I find Tharja a lot more interesting because of all her flaws and acts that I wouldn't do, myself (more interesting than being awesome at everything you try, I think). They make her fabulous(ly interesting) and I'd rather have her than a cast of people that don't do bad things or have bad qualities. I like that she does bad things. Works of fiction let us interact with actions and behaviors we wouldn't ever do ourselves, and I think that's great and potentially carthartic.

I also prefer her design, aesthetically (and I'm a gay male; it has nothing to do with fanservice). And her laugh and some of her battle lines ARE pretty awesome, I think.

What? No one else enjoys a fictional psychopath?

When it comes to the daughters, however, I prefer Cordelia's.

This. Well, this and I like the dark humor she and Henry bring to the table.

Wait a second. Are any of you people really complaining about Cordelia's aversion to being called Genius?

...Corde not liking being called Genius is a combination of it being used as Sarcasm and then later a case of Survivor Guilt. It's actually one of the best written things in the game.

Not once is anyone praising/calling Cordelia a genius sarcastically, and the whole survivor guilt thing is so completely brushed over that it's practically negligible. I think it's mentioned in like, one convo.

yeah yeah late reply but whatever