Several Fire Emblem Characters featured in Gamefaqs' Chracter Battle IX

Aurabolt

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So MissingNo vs Tidus was the closest match so far, if I'm correct.

Perhaps. Also, Missingno's screwed next round, most likely. As an aside, Tidus and Fox are the epitome of bad bracket placement as far as these go - Tidus's last win was way back in 2005 and Fox just keeps running into Nintendo.

Perhaps. Also, Missingno's screwed next round, most likely. As an aside, Tidus and Fox are the epitome of bad bracket placement as far as these go - Tidus's last win was way back in 2005 and Fox just keeps running into Nintendo.

hmmm I just read this post over there

hmmmmmmmmmmm

What a yawner this match is... Next debatable one is Pit/Cecil. Cecil's considered the favorite, but we don't even have a good read on him *OR* Pit (in 2010, Cecil lost to Knuckles, Knuckles got blown the hell out by Sonic, and Sonic was crashed by Link; Pit's been in only two other matches, and both of those were SFF fests).

Edited by Levant Fortner

I've been wondering for a while. What does SFF mean?

Serenes Forest Forums? XD

What does that even mean?

Same Fanbase Factor - the theory that when two characters with overlapping fanbases are put into a match (e.g. Mario and Donkey Kong, Link and Zelda, Sonic and Tails) the weaker one underperforms in the poll. Incidentally, it's why there's no good read on Cecil - you have to account for Knuckles getting SFFed by Sonic, as well as Link SFFing Sonic into the ground to get any reasonable strength for Knuckles.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Same Fanbase Factor - the theory that when two characters with overlapping fanbases are put into a match (e.g. Mario and Donkey Kong, Link and Ganondorf, Sonic and Tails) the weaker one underperforms in the poll.

fixed

damn

-6 for expert challenge!

Yeah, I'm expecting a lot of people to feel the snakebite this will do on their expert brackets. I mean, all the talk was centered on Cecil or Pit, but instead, the guy who wasn't even considered to have a shot at winning does it? It'll be fun to see how low the prediction percentage is...

Edit: Cecil's starting to fight back.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Well, this is certainly impressive for Wrex, considering that no one expected him to be in contention for first.

Edit: Cecil HAD the lead, but Wrex took it back.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I have to point out that the only character to look good in the Kratos/Recette/Travis debacle was Recette. Also, as expected, Lyn got totally steamrolled and finished dead last.

Edited by Levant Fortner

dat bonus poll

I suspect SBD will run with it on name alone

edit:

5226.jpg

you are now realizing Tharja is staring at Aerith with that quote

Tharja overperformance confirmed

Yeah, you gotta standout with a name like Spring Breeze Dancin'.

Tharja was much too close to Tiny Tina for comfort, so I'll believe that when I see it

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Charizard flopped - between Pikachu and Missingno failing to impress, Kratos giving a lackluster performance, as well as Duke Nukem sucking...

Edited by Levant Fortner

Tharja was much too close to Tiny Tina for comfort, so I'll believe that when I see it

if I say it as many times as L-Block>Link back then, it's gotta happen eventually...right?

right?

....right?

but yeah, in all seriousness Tharja is obviously a nonfactor but it's still funny

if I say it as many times as L-Block>Link back then, it's gotta happen eventually...right?

right?

....right?

but yeah, in all seriousness Tharja is obviously a nonfactor but it's still funny

I suppose it's kinda funny, yes. Though Tharja HAS to be the weakest character to get out of round one, particularly considering other Western characters bombing - that, in conjunction with a close match with Tiny Tina, can't make her look good. Also, Charizard's next up to bat, and he's got a lot to prove.

Edited by Levant Fortner