Several Fire Emblem Characters featured in Gamefaqs' Chracter Battle IX

Aurabolt

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted Cloud. Totodile is the only likable water-type "mascot" for me. I remember watching the German dub of the anime back in the day, with 'dile dancing around and shouting 'kanimani kanimani kanimani', shit was the best. Can't say I care much about Squirtle at all.

Voted Cloud. Totodile is the only likable water-type "mascot" for me. I remember watching the German dub of the anime back in the day, with 'dile dancing around and shouting 'kanimani kanimani kanimani', shit was the best. Can't say I care much about Squirtle at all.

I voted for Cloud for different reasons - namely, the fact that despite me liking Pokémon, the fact that the Pokémon representatives have gotten favorable bracket placement in this contest for the most part is just stupid, as is the fact that Gen 1 representatives are the only ones that even do well (just look at N, Lugia, or even Lucario from the 2008 contest. What do all three of them have in common? All of them sucked.).

I voted for Cloud for different reasons - namely, the fact that despite me liking Pokémon, the fact that the Pokémon representatives have gotten favorable bracket placement in this contest for the most part is just stupid, as is the fact that Gen 1 representatives are the only ones that even do well (just look at N, Lugia, or even Lucario from the 2008 contest. What do all three of them have in common? All of them sucked.).

Pokemon have gotten relatively favorable placements overall.....

but Squirtle isn't one of them

Pokemon have gotten relatively favorable placements overall.....

but Squirtle isn't one of them

True, Squirtle wasn't given favorable placement. But most of the others either got to take advantage of SFF situations (I'm looking at you, Blue!) or were given absolute cupcakes (I mean you, Mewtwo and Red!), among other factors.

True, Squirtle wasn't given favorable placement. But most of the others either got to take advantage of SFF situations (I'm looking at you, Blue!) or were given absolute cupcakes (I mean you, Mewtwo and Red!), among other factors.

hey, it's not Mewtwo's fault paulg decided to sabotage Vincent's pic or that Sonic is just terrible!

edit: also Red was supposed to be buried behind Mario/Squall, he just lucked out

Edited by shadykid

hey, it's not Mewtwo's fault paulg decided to sabotage Vincent's pic or that Sonic is just terrible!

Sonic had Bowser sapping him. Though Vincent... Mewtwo might've won even without that dick move sabotage, but it wouldn't be the complete rout it wound up being.

Isn't Cloud technically SFF'd in this case? Console-wise anyways

Not really. Cloud is a Playstation guy. Squirtle is Nintendo. Leon is both.

Squirtle is ahead fair and square. And got through a normal bracket.

Sonic had Bowser sapping him. Though Vincent... Mewtwo might've won even without that dick move sabotage, but it wouldn't be the complete rout it wound up being.

Even is Bowser was sapping Sonic, wouldnt Mewtwo also get sapped? Mewtwo and Bowser are both Nintendo. Mewtwo did have an easy bracket , but beating Sonic and Bowser showed he was worthy of him being in the final nine.

Even is Bowser was sapping Sonic, wouldnt Mewtwo also get sapped? Mewtwo and Bowser are both Nintendo. Mewtwo did have an easy bracket , but beating Sonic and Bowser showed he was worthy of him being in the final nine.

to be fair, Pokemon is arguably the single most independent entity in these contests (well, apparently anything Zelda-related aside, but whatever)

Cloud's HP is in the red, finish him

One problem with that. Pokémon is virtually immune to SFF.

One problem with that. Pokémon is virtually immune to SFF.

My point was that Mewtwo won it fairly. I don't see it as Sonic lost because of Bowser sapping him.

Both got percentages consistent with prior performances.

My point was that Mewtwo won it fairly. I don't see it as Sonic lost because of Bowser sapping him.

Both got percentages consistent with prior performances.

Never mind that Mewtwo's other performances were against two complete cupcakes, and Phoenix Wright (who, mind you, is hardly the definition of contest stalwart), to say nothing of a pic-screwed Vince who didn't even challenge Wright for second (I'm dead serious when I say that pic was about as bad for Vincent as Solid **** is for Snake). Sonic's had fodder and unknowns. And I'd go so far as to say that Mewtwo's upending Sonic is nothing special, too, because Sonic sucks in multiway polls.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Never mind that Mewtwo's other performances were against two complete cupcakes, and Phoenix Wright (who, mind you, is hardly the definition of contest stalwart), to say nothing of a pic-screwed Vince who didn't even challenge Wright for second (I'm dead serious when I say that pic was about as bad for Vincent as Solid **** is for Snake). Sonic's had fodder and unknowns. And I'd go so far as to say that Mewtwo's upending Sonic is nothing special, too, because Sonic sucks in multiway polls.

I was just talking about that particular battle. There was no sapping. Bowser and Sonic performed as expected.

I was just talking about that particular battle. There was no sapping. Bowser and Sonic performed as expected.

How was there no sapping when you have a Mario character and a Sonic character, and Sonic is essentially Nintendo at this point? I already told you, Sonic and multi-way polls don't mix. Taking that at face value means you're implying that Sonic would struggle with frigging PHOENIX WRIGHT, which I don't buy for a second.

Edited by Levant Fortner

How was there no sapping when you have a Mario character and a Sonic character, and Sonic is essentially Nintendo at this point? I already told you, Sonic and multi-way polls don't mix. Taking that at face value means you're implying that Sonic would struggle with frigging PHOENIX WRIGHT, which I don't buy for a second.

I do, because it makes Phoenix Wright look good :B):

There's a fine line between believing and delusion. You, however, can't tell, sadly... Honestly, Phoenix Wright's not that strong, considering that he ONLY disposed of a fighting game character who isn't even that strong and who's essentially an SSB-only character (with only 55% on the latter, at that).

Edited by Levant Fortner

I havent seen anything indicating Sonic is essentially Nintendo, especially within the character battles. Bowser is clearly the weakest of the three. Sonic has been declining like the rest of the noble nine. Mewtwo is a fairly unknown quantity. He placed third in his first round in 2007. Made it pretty far 2008. And lost pretty handedly to Ganondorf in 2010.

And that would not imply Phoenix Wright would make Sonic struggle, because that would be a completely different battle. Bowser and Sonic performed as expected in this battle.

I havent seen anything indicating Sonic is essentially Nintendo, especially within the character battles. Bowser is clearly the weakest of the three. Sonic has been declining like the rest of the noble nine. Mewtwo is a fairly unknown quantity. He placed third in his first round in 2007. Made it pretty far 2008. And lost pretty handedly to Ganondorf in 2010.

And that would not imply Phoenix Wright would make Sonic struggle, because that would be a completely different battle. Bowser and Sonic performed as expected in this battle.

You're just ignoring everything I say at this point, aren't you... Don't tell me you honestly believe Mewtwo would win that easily 1-on-1. And yes, Mewtwo's an unknown, but that's exactly why I'm not giving him much respect. Two weaklings, one of who couldn't even get 1000 votes, a pic-screwed Vincent and an SFFed Sonic are nothing to write home about.

Edited by Levant Fortner

You're just ignoring everything I say at this point, aren't you... Don't tell me you honestly believe Mewtwo would win that easily 1-on-1. And yes, Mewtwo's an unknown, but that's exactly why I'm not giving him much respect. Two weaklings, one of who couldn't even get 1000 votes, a pic-screwed Vincent and an SFFed Sonic are nothing to write home about.

why are you responding to everything, even obvious jokes, so seriously