Several Fire Emblem Characters featured in Gamefaqs' Chracter Battle IX

Aurabolt

literally every character left except Sephiroth has a chance at winning

of course, "everyone" really means "Draven most lose" first, but still

Exactly.

Chokizard lost. Mega Man won, overcoming SFF. Can anyone slay the elf killer Draven?

Red and Samus has potential for SFF. It will be a very interesting match. Samus is such a strong character that she might be able to dent the immunity Pokemon has to SFF. I don't think Red can win, but he might sap Samus enough for Mega Man to pull a victory.

If Mewtwo can slay Draven, it will put aside any questions about his easy path to the semi-finals.

Again, Pokémon is virtually immune to SFF. And I have the feeling Red might not be able to hold up (he might not even be that much stronger than Blue, and his performance against the Final Fantasy duo was pretty awful, all things considered).

I'd say you're ignoring the elephant in the room (read: Vincent's ridiculous pic disadvantage).

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hello! After discussing this topic internally, we've decided to remove this and other Draven CBIX threads for the following reasons. First, simply put, they aren't fully relevant to League of Legends. However, even if they were considered to be extremely relevant, there's another reason for their removal: the moderators of /r/LeagueofLegends received a request from a verified staff member at GameFAQs, asking us to remove the thread rallying behind Draven, as it was manipulating the voting on their contest.

As many of you know, reddit has long taken a hard stance against vote manipulation, and it would be incredibly unfair of us to tolerate this sort of activity just because it affects another site and not ourselves. This is why the post has been removed. It isn't fair of us to ask other sites not to game reddit, if we allow reddit to game other sites. Posts on reddit should only be voted on by redditors, not bots or spammers. Polls on other sites should be voted on by their communities, not ours. Thanks."

OVER

SBAllen is literally Vince McMahon and it is FUCKING HILARIOUS

Edited by shadykid

Exactly.

Again, Pokémon is virtually immune to SFF. And I have the feeling Red might not be able to hold up (he might not even be that much stronger than Blue, and his performance against the Final Fantasy duo was pretty awful, all things considered).

I'd say you're ignoring the elephant in the room (read: Vincent's ridiculous pic disadvantage).

I'm saying Red might cause Samus to lose. Pokemon is virtually immune to SFF, but Samus isn't. I don't think Red can beat Samus and Mega Man just on the basis of I think he's relatively weaker than to those two.

I don't get why you're bringing up the match. I'm agreeing that Red is weak.

"Hello! After discussing this topic internally, we've decided to remove this and other Draven CBIX threads for the following reasons. First, simply put, they aren't fully relevant to League of Legends. However, even if they were considered to be extremely relevant, there's another reason for their removal: the moderators of /r/LeagueofLegends received a request from a verified staff member at GameFAQs, asking us to remove the thread rallying behind Draven, as it was manipulating the voting on their contest.

As many of you know, reddit has long taken a hard stance against vote manipulation, and it would be incredibly unfair of us to tolerate this sort of activity just because it affects another site and not ourselves. This is why the post has been removed. It isn't fair of us to ask other sites not to game reddit, if we allow reddit to game other sites. Posts on reddit should only be voted on by redditors, not bots or spammers. Polls on other sites should be voted on by their communities, not ours. Thanks."

OVER

At least Link did not fall for nothing. A hero's downfall just means a new hero shall rise. One that shall fight "for everlasting peace."

Edited by Viewtiful_J

I'm saying Red might cause Samus to lose. Pokemon is virtually immune to SFF, but Samus isn't. I don't think Red can beat Samus and Mega Man just on the basis of I think he's relatively weaker than to those two.

I don't get why you're bringing up the match. I'm agreeing that Red is weak.

Okay. But I'm not even sure if Pokémon SFFs other Nintendo.

Samus only beat Mega Man by a three point margin in their fatal fourway in 2007. Red only needs to sap like 5 to 6%, which might not even be noticeable, but it will be the difference maker in this battle.

Are you referring to their first match (which also had Yoshi)? Because the second one wasn't even close.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Are you referring to their first match (which also had Yoshi)? Because the second one wasn't even close.

Mega Man has clearly boosted like mad though, based off the first 3 matches

BUT WHO CARES, PHOENIX WRIGHT, NOBLE NINE SLAYER

(oh yeah, gotta watch Sephiroth running through Draven with the TDZ)

Edited by shadykid

from reddit, LoL mod:
All - we've had another discussion with the GameFaq admins and determined that this type of rally is not against the rules of the contest and will be allowed. We apologize for the temporary confusion.

The rally topic is back on type at the LoL Reddit.

And here we go again.

ok, what the hell is going on here.....

I think Reddit's covering themselves, because their verified staff member wasn't actually verified.

Edit: And Draven is back in the lead.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

Is this what you're referring to?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/67213438

Didn't take them long enough to change their minds. Personally I don't see how rallying on reddit is any different to rallying anywhere else - the proportions are the only difference, even if big enough to affect the outcome (Draven was losing and now has more than 2x votes than his opponents).

That said, it wouldn't hurt if they stayed consistently true to one and the same policy for the whole contest - one thing to prevent all the bitching.

Is this what you're referring to?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/67213438

Didn't take them long enough to change their minds. Personally I don't see how rallying on reddit is any different to rallying anywhere else - the proportions are the only difference, even if big enough to affect the outcome (Draven was losing and now has more than 2x votes than his opponents).

That said, it wouldn't hurt if they stayed consistently true to one and the same policy for the whole contest - one thing to prevent all the bitching.

no people on reddit claiming that board 8 dudes moneyhatted the mods and stuff

Draven beats Mewtwo with a 13% lead. But it makes sense. Both Mewtwo and Sephiroth are villains. A villain cannot defeat a villain.

Snake looks poised to be the second member of the the finals. I hope Squirtle can overcome Pikachu's super effective attacks and come out second.

I think the good will from Mighty No. 9 along with the marginal SFF with Red and Samus will put Mega Man on top.

So we get a Draven/Snake/Mega Man. Between Snake and Mega Man, history says Snake. Momentum might call for Mega Man. But one needs to emerge stronger than the other to overcome Draven, which I can't see happening.

Samus has a strong track record with beating Snake, so she would be the best option for the finals to defeat Draven. Red is too weak at times and I don't think he will get to the finals.