Let's exercise that memory

Atlas

Well, hello there, it's been quite a few years, about five if my memory doesn't fail me. Of course, most of you have no recognition of there ever being an Atlas in this forums but long ago I went by the user name of Mad Fredin. I'm still pretty sure that won't ring many bells, but meyhaps a few immigrates for the long defunct FESS will remember me. For those who don't know me, ¡mi nombre es Julio Fredin Ortiz, para servirle a usted, a Dios y a Don Porfirio!

Hinted at that traditional introduction of 1910s Mexico, I am indeed Malayan... okay, not really but it'd be pretty redundant to simply reaffirm that I'm a Mexican. Now don't go around thinking that my English is anything less than excellent, I've done some work as a translator in the past, so, if you ever need help with your spanish class I'm your man. Currently I'm studying to get my bachelor degree in chemistry (I'm on my senior year) and I'm doing research of photoactive pigments for efficiency improvement in both aqueous and solid state solar cells (trust me, it sounds a lot fancier than what it actually is). Again, any questions regarding your highschool or freshman chemistry, I'm your man.

I used to be quite the gamer back on my teenage years (I'm 21 now) but lately I've barely had the time. The last two games I played were Dark Souls (a friend wouldn't quit pestering me about it) and Fire Emblem Awakening; needless to say, Awakening reminded me of everything I loved about Fire Emblem back in the day, and I've been playing it rather intensively as of late. I'm glad to see they resurrected plenty of the awesome innovations from Sacred Stones and did some other refinements and changes to the tired formula of Fire Emblem. It REALLY needed that fresh coat of paint. Anyhow, there is still a lot I don't comprehend about the new mechanics and the possible implications, but we'll make the journey of mastering all that jazz together. Needless to say, this is why I'm here.

Aside from gaming I write poetry, play roleplaying games (World of Darkness is my favorite but I also run D&D, etc), practice judo (when my schedule allows it), read comic books (Niel Gaiman and Jaimie Delano being my favorite creators) and program stupid simulations on MATLAB.

Now I must applaud you all who read this far; it seems the low attention span of the internet generation has spared you. I hope you had as much entertainment from reading about a complete stranger as I had writing this to complete strangers (granted, it wasn't that much, but one must make the best of the situation). To those who remember me, I'm sure it'll be great to catch up. To those who I'm introducing myself for the first time, it'll be my pleasure to get to know you.

PD; Is Vincent still running the show? Is that nice admin guy Joshua still around?

Welcome! Nice to have another old man veteran of the fandom to put me in my place.

PD; Is Vincent still running the show? Is that nice admin guy Joshua still around?

Both of them are still around, yes.

I have vague memories of your, yes. Good to see you again. Nice to see you've stuck around to keep the old memories alive.

Uhh... different Shadow of Chaos.

He goes by Furby if he ever comes on here. xD

See, we had this identity crisis before.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yeah I remember you, though it's been quite a while and most FESSers that left aren't coming back.

Kelp here BTW. Good to see you're interested in the World of Darkness since I just recently picked up more interest in VTM.