Persona 3 Portable blew my mind.

Fargo294

Damn, I was super impressed with this game. There's so much to do, and even more with a second story mode as a female. The battle system is solid(and from what I hear an upgrade from the original by actually being able to control your units), the characters are well-developed to the point where I was about to cry at times, and the time progression is implemented so that days really feel like days. The game does a good job at setting a moderate difficulty setting on normal mode, and I sweated over what party members I should have on my team in fear of making a bad team, but really, your team all comes down to preference. If anything is really bad about the game it's Fuuka. She just can't seem to speak an authentic line throughout the entire game.

Also, I recently fused Mara... I think I died a little inside. It gets Primal Force which in and of itself just sounds wrong when put together with Mara; and that paired with Mara's attack animation... Eugh. It's also weak against ice, and absorbs pierce attacks. Atlus certainly had fun making Mara...

I felt I should post my fanboyisms for this game here since I don't have any means (or an audience)to create a full review of this game, and I felt that this site is kind of a home forum for me. I'd like it if I got a little discussion started so if anyone wants in, feel free to start one here!

Good, now buy a Vita and have a try on Persona 4 Golden

How fortunate of you to actually start from P3P. The cut down of some content and presentation of the game is a turn off from many people who have played the original P3 and P3Fes. I myself start on P3P too, I can said that the FeMU alternate story is actually one of the alternate-gender story here. It is not just the reversing "he" with "she" but they actually write something different for her. What I like most about P3P is the portability itself, so I can play it on the go. While I really love P3P, I never get quite myself on P4G. It might be because that I don;t like the lighter tone on story P4 has.

Good, now buy a Vita and have a try on Persona 4 Golden

How fortunate of you to actually start from P3P. The cut down of some content and presentation of the game is a turn off from many people who have played the original P3 and P3Fes. I myself start on P3P too, I can said that the FeMU alternate story is actually one of the alternate-gender story here. It is not just the reversing "he" with "she" but they actually write something different for her. What I like most about P3P is the portability itself, so I can play it on the go. While I really love P3P, I never get quite myself on P4G. It might be because that I don;t like the lighter tone on story P4 has.

I really wish I could get a Vita

I love the portability too. It definitely feels like a game that could be played wherever you want, kinda like Awakening. I don't know how to explain it, maybe it's the "personalities" of the two games or the freedom given by not being forced to follow the story all the time. Whereas in P3P, significant points in the story only happen at defined dates and Tartarus runs only take time out of your evenings, and Awakening gives you freedom to sidequest and grind if you wish.

I really wish I could get a Vita

I love the portability too. It definitely feels like a game that could be played wherever you want, kinda like Awakening. I don't know how to explain it, maybe it's the "personalities" of the two games or the freedom given by not being forced to follow the story all the time. Whereas in P3P, significant points in the story only happen at defined dates and Tartarus runs only take time out of your evenings, and Awakening gives you freedom to sidequest and grind if you wish.

Social Links and Support Conversation, yeah, I know how the two can be similar at a time. I really like it too how the both of them develop their side character by the mean of side activity.

I was a little sad that there were some cutbacks presentation-wise but P3P was still a very strong offering and I think female MC's story is even better than her male counterpart. Not having to rely on dumb AI anymore was the best part, though. Because so many of the social links were rewritten, it's pretty much two games on one UMD even if the main story doesn't change and I certainly don't mind not playing The Answer (P3 FES epilogue story with Aigis). It's just excellent value that anyone with a PSP should own this game.