F-Zero GX

Kintenbo

Since the previous F-Zero topic is probably loldead, let's talk F-Zero GX. Of those who play, how good are you? Me, I'm not exactly a record setter, but I can do advanced stuff, such as these techniques: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYEj8AtTm6o

Oh yeah, these are not my videos, they are just examples.

Note that I can't do the second one in a way in which it counts as a lap. Of the noncustom machines, only Kate Allen's Super Pirahna can fly, if rather slowly. Correct me if there's others.

Snaking, the technique used in the first video only works on max, or at least really high, acceleration. It also involves pressing L and R alternatively, tilting the control sticks in the direction your machine tilts. It also only works on certain machines. I don't know what affects whether a machine can snake or not, but there are a good amount of noncustom machines that can snake. Space Flying's controls are virtually the same, but you do it in the air. Only a select few machines can fly, with only one noncustom being one of them. The Speedy Dragon part is usually used. Personally, I think the Speedy Dragon body part, the Combat Cannon cockpit part, and the Sunrise something or other boost part (should wind up being called Combat Dragon, or something like that) flies the best. Don't let the EEA combanation fool you.

Also, of the noncustom machines, I find Don Genie's Fat Shark and Black Shadow's Black Bull the best. They both do well in snaking and natural speed. The worst is easily the Silver Rat, for hopefully obvious reasons.

As you can tell, I like this game and know things about it.

Edited by Kintenbo

While I like this game, I don't have my own copy. I tend to prefer the heavier cars, as my main guy in the original game is Goroh. Also, I suck at this game. Also,

While I like this game, I don't have my own copy. I tend to prefer the heavier cars, as my main guy in the original game is Goroh. Also, I suck at this game. Also,

Yeah, I'm impressed on how good the cutscenes looked in Story Mode, considering this is a 2003 game. It's a shame the story mode's plot was pretty much stupid. And the voice acting was :blink: down right freaky. Still, it's a nice challenge, I suppose, once you play very hard mode.

Edited by Kintenbo

Out of the blue my friend pulls out the game from nowhere and we started playing it. Since I couldn't beat the final chapter on story mode, we did the regular racing and unlocked everyone. I grew a liking to using Little Wyvern or James McCloud's machine.

bought this game for $10 when my friends and I had nothing to do.

Its okay

all I can say is that this game would be amazing if it had PS3 graficks

Screw the grafux, it's got super funness. Besides, it's got Captain Falcon in it, need I say more?

i dont do any snaking or those techniques you mentioned earlier. i think it's pretty boring to see

i haven't unlocked all machines. the missing ones are Phoenix and other people i don't remember.

the phoenix one is pissing me off

i dont do any snaking or those techniques you mentioned earlier. i think it's pretty boring to see

i haven't unlocked all machines. the missing ones are Phoenix and other people i don't remember.

the phoenix one is pissing me off

Chapter 1's Very Hard Mode can be frustrating, but once you get a plan, it's handlable. Really, it's the only one I have trouble with.

F-Zero AX pwns all. Enough said.

If only there's another F-Zero game for the Wii :(

That would be tight. As far as the AX comment goes, the soundtrack was super special awesome. I blame Sega for removing the awesome music. At least there's a hidden Big Blue soundtrack.