FE10 RAM Hacking Question (with Answer and Info)

darkkfan

I honestly have no idea about that one.

...I think it might be that same code actually. xD

As in the value is:

Chapter, A, B, Turn

A or B could be phase >_>;

I just don't know.

Ok, that's fine, like I said you've definitely helped me get this run off the ground! I'll be sure to credit you (as well as Vincent for his ROM hacking help), when I post the topic for it!

I guess I could experiment and try to figure out what A and/or B are, but I read in the gecko code list that the chapter warp code should be sufficient to maintain player phase so I can just use that for now.

Edit:

Double post for new info/clarification.

Did some experimenting, just in case you were curious, the format for the value at the address 003CAAC8 is:

XXPPAATT

where

TT turn

XX chapter

AA unknown

PP phase, 00=player 01=enemy

Which is why your code XX0000TT effectively sets the phase equal to player phase as long as it is applied. That code should definitely work for my purposes!

Edit 2: Updated the topic title since I figured this topic contains some good info and it might be useful to someone at some point in the future.

Edited by Valhalt

So, things have been going smoothly so far, until today my end chapter code suddenly decided to stop working:

283D78DA 00000410
003CAFFC 00000004
E0000000 80008000

The code has been working fine as a gecko code in the emulator with the button commands up to this point, but no matter how many times I try it it absolutely refuses to work now. I even tried changing the address 003CAFFC manually to 00000004 but that didn't work either.

I could try experimenting with the address values, but I don't really even understand how this particular code works (why does 00000004 mean the chapter is over?).

Any thoughts?

Edited by Valhalt

• 2 weeks later...

Update for another RAM dump:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gox7bnrf1jna8j2/aram4.raw

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7xqisnv5rl4y60/ram4.raw

For some reason the value of 003CAFFC is 00010000 or something like that.

I would just use the chapter warp code to skip to the next chapter, except I would not get the enemy recruits I wanted from this chapter, so that isn't really an option.