The Mask (Contaiins Spoilers)

tumblr_min2d0qpV51rmjp9yo1_500.jpg

Anyone ever wonder how the mask concealed her long hair?

EDIT: one more thing. It also happens to look like a butterfly. Is there some sort of motif for the butterfly thing?

profile_picture_by_the_masked_hero-d5yae

Edited by Hero-King

I think it was mentioned in an art book that she actually tucked most of that long hair in her shirt. Now, why it all suddenly appears after the mask is cut, I'm not quite sure.

Broken link.

But really, a wizard it was done by.

Broken link? Where?

I think it was mentioned in an art book that she actually tucked most of that long hair in her shirt. Now, why it all suddenly appears after the mask is cut, I'm not quite sure.

Whether or not that's true, the short hair looks far too real to have just been tucked away

i suppose a potential explanation is that a spell of sealing was cast upon her hair, sealing it into her mask. when the mask was broken, the seal was broken with it and thus her hair was released

i'm trying to read this aloud with a straight face and i can't

Broken link? Where?

Whether or not that's true, the short hair looks far too real to have just been tucked away

Zerochan links don't work.

Use Imgur and reupload.

Also, yes, there is a butterfly motif with her.

This might give you a good reason why.

There's also "Butterfly Effect", which is a time travel thing, but it actually doesn't apply at all to FE:A, (If you've got a story that uses Butterfly Effect, you do -not- see In Spite of a Nail. At all. This game runs on In Spite of a Nail- as the causes that create the effects are huge (and you can't fight fate is half the game), and then you've got things like Lucina being born in the altered timeline. If Butterfly Effect was in play, there would not be an altered timeline Lucina, as a little example.)

Edited by Airship Canon

EDIT: one more thing. It also happens to look like a butterfly. Is there some sort of motif for the butterfly thing?

Some people say that the Butterfly motif around Lucina is a reference to the Buterffly of Doom (TV Troope version) who is related with time travel

I just think she cut her hair before she traveled back, and it grew back during the two-year time-period.

No, she has short hair, then it instantly reappears when her mask is broken in Chapter 6, which is before the timeskip.

To be more specific, I'm pretty sure it stated she cut the top layer of her hair short, and then tucked the rest of it.

No, she has short hair, then it instantly reappears when her mask is broken in Chapter 6, which is before the timeskip.

It was just my opinion. Also, one other thing I wanna add: whenever I watch the cutscene where her mask is cut, right after she lands from striking down the assassin, her hair seems longer, and then we see her full hair length after the mask gets cut.

i suppose a potential explanation is that a spell of sealing was cast upon her hair, sealing it into her mask. when the mask was broken, the seal was broken with it and thus her hair was released

i'm trying to read this aloud with a straight face and i can't

Hmm, best explanation I've seen so far.

Zerochan links don't work.

Use Imgur and reupload.

That's funny, I can see it just fine but if you say so, ok.

Also, yes, there is a butterfly motif with her.

This might give you a good reason why.

There's also "Butterfly Effect", which is a time travel thing, but it actually doesn't apply at all to FE:A, (If you've got a story that uses Butterfly Effect, you do -not- see In Spite of a Nail. At all. This game runs on In Spite of a Nail- as the causes that create the effects are huge (and you can't fight fate is half the game), and then you've got things like Lucina being born in the altered timeline. If Butterfly Effect was in play, there would not be an altered timeline Lucina, as a little example.)

Some people say that the Butterfly motif around Lucina is a reference to the Buterffly of Doom (TV Troope version) who is related with time travel

I guess it would make sense if your name comes from a butterfly to have a mask to symbolize her name. As for this "Butterfly Effect", it would seem like it would have some relation to the plot based on the whole time travel aspect, but it's not used so that speculation is irrelevant

I think one of the most plausible explanations here is that she hides her hair under that scarf she wears. If you compare Lucina and Marth's portraits, they share a bit of similarities in hair style, but they have a noticeable hair length difference (obviously). And besides, look at the cutscene for Chapter 6.

She trips over a sword and her mask gets cut in half. The shock of tripping and nearly getting killed is probably what makes her hair flow from underneath her scarf.

So that's one way of thinking about it.