Which Luigi Is The Real One In Super Mario Galaxy?

Randoman

Which Luigi is the real Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Luigi is the real Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy?

• The Playable Luigi
    • The NPC Luigi That Needs Rescuing

Well, there's a lot of Mario topics currently, so I might as well make this one.

Something that I've always wondered in Super Mario Galaxy is which Luigi is the real one when you're playing as Luigi. Is the real Luigi the one you're playing as or is it the NPC one that needs rescuing?

I mean, there's no reason Mario would be rescuing a fake Luigi when you play as Mario in Super Mario Galaxy. But at the same time, when you play as Luigi, it's him right down to his better jumping and lower traction. The Year of Luigi posters also feature Bee Luigi to represent Super Mario Galaxy, and only playable Luigi can be Bee Luigi. I also doubt they'd feature a fake Luigi on the Year of Luigi poster.

>overthought of mario games

I don't think they put much care into "will this make sense" as much as it being a fun bonus to play as Luigi.

From what I've read online, I believe both of them are real to a degree.

It's been years since I finished the first Galaxy, but from what I remember, Rosalina makes Mario go back in time to right before the Star Festival at the beginning of the game. Galaxy 2 mentions that the Star Festival is occurring again, so I believe that Galaxy 2 is a direct continuation of the events of the first one.

Since Mario went back in time and is now doing whatever he does in Galaxy 2, I think someone needs to redo the events of Galaxy 1 since Mario's gone. This is where I believe Luigi comes in and can then meet himself in that ghost level.

I believe some people like to say that Galaxy 1 and 2 pulled a Zelda in the sense that the timeline got split into 2, which is why there are 3 Luigis in total (The one doing what Mario did in Galaxy 1, the one who's stuck in the ghost level, and the one who travels with Mario in Galaxy 2.)

It's just a fun little extra, seeing as you need to complete the game with Mario first to access it.

It's been years since I finished the first Galaxy, but from what I remember, Rosalina makes Mario go back in time to right before the Star Festival at the beginning of the game. Galaxy 2 mentions that the Star Festival is occurring again, so I believe that Galaxy 2 is a direct continuation of the events of the first one.

Or SMG2 could be occurring at the same time as SMG, but in an alternate universe...

The Npc luigi that needs rescuing obviously. Luigi would never be brave enough to rescue someone.

You obviously haven't played either of the Luigi's Mansion games. He rescues Mario's ass twice and saves a bunch of Toads as well. Luigi also shows quite a bit of bravery in Super Paper Mario. He attempted to attack Count Bleck and save Peach in the beginning.

From what I've read online, I believe both of them are real to a degree.

Since Mario went back in time and is now doing whatever he does in Galaxy 2, I think someone needs to redo the events of Galaxy 1 since Mario's gone. This is where I believe Luigi comes in and can then meet himself in that ghost level.

I believe some people like to say that Galaxy 1 and 2 pulled a Zelda in the sense that the timeline got split into 2, which is why there are 3 Luigis in total (The one doing what Mario did in Galaxy 1, the one who's stuck in the ghost level, and the one who travels with Mario in Galaxy 2.)

It was officially stated, actually, that Galaxy 2 is a different reality from Galaxy 1. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I know I shouldn't be trying to apply logic to Mario games. The two Luigis still bother me though, since it's a given one of them is fake and there's solid evidence that both Luigis might be the real Luigi.

Come to think of it, it's the playable Luigi that returns to earth with Peach and Bowser in the ending, and it's the playable Luigi that gets his photo with Rosalina on the Wii Message Board (I mean, you have to get all 121 Stars with playable Luigi, so it only makes sense that it's the playable Luigi in the photo). Maybe playable Luigi is the real Luigi?

Then again, playable Luigi's proportions are quite off from the Luigi we usually know, and NPC Luigi's body proportions are closer to the proportions used in practically every Mario game.

MLNPC.PNG

(from left to right: Mario, Playable Luigi, NPC Luigi)

Ugh, this is making my head spin trying to figure this out. Maybe I really should stop trying to put some sort of logic behind the two Luigis.

I heard that the Luigi you play as is actually an AU Luigi, making both real.

What's AU? I would ask how they're both real, but it's probably better if I know what AU means first.

Let's be honest. There's no real luigi and nintendo did that just for the LOLZ.

Or maybe they were too lazy to make the NPC luigi a Mario in the Luigi version of the game

Edited by Nobody