Pokemon Conquest kills time

Robinigo

This is pretty much a less-than-mediocre review of Pokemon Conquest for the Nintendo DS, continue reading for my thoughts.

So I went to Best Buy and picked up Pokemon Conquest last Thursday when it went on sale for $15, and I have to say it was quite a good deal. My brother bought a copy as well and we competed to see who could get farther, until of course he got Sims 3 and is now attempting to find a wife who will constantly have children with him. I am stuck all alone, evolving warriors and pokemon as I slowly move through the postgame. Either way, the game is awesome once you can work through the initially clunky and heavy interface and it becomes an enjoyable game. The story isn't great (if you could say that there is a story at all) and some of the characters are kind of dull, and these do slow the initial appeal.

*SPOILERS* The postgame stories are cool, if you don't mind replaying a dumbed-down version of the story at least. The slightly lessened cast of pokemon had me confused at times, seeing as Gracia's perfect link was ice and psychic and jynx wasn't in this game, and the generic blandness of generic bland warriors when placed together can be humorous (place together a few of the same generic warriors and they'll all say Tue same lines, it looks really dumb and can get confusing at times) but it is still a good game *SPOILERS*

This game is fairly grind heavy when you reach the post game, unless you have a bunch of guardian charms of course, so if grinding isn't your forte, you may only enjoy the main story and a bit of the post game. The grinding however, seems to eat up time much faster than any other game I've ever played, I could max out a non-veteran character in FE13 before I could evolve a few warlords. I once played until midnight without realizing it, it just sucks time right out of you.

I don't know if I'd buy it for full price, but if you can find like ten or so dollars off, I'd definetly pick up Pokemon Conquest.

Also for whatever reason, Hanbei really reminds me of Henry from FE13, I can't figure out why...

I bought it, but i have a pretty big backlog both on the 3ds and the ps3 so i havent played it yet. Nice to know its good. I've actually played the beginning of the game and it was kind of boring so im happy to know it gets better

Edited by Nobody

I had a lot of fun with it, but the AI was awful and made it way too easy at times. A sequel fixing the AI and expanding the game's scope with more Pokemon and more varied missions would be wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...