Awakening character contest (Tournament of Champions seeding!)

shadykid

Summary of half of the thread: "stop liking what I don't like!"

Exactly.

I'd want no one to beat my favorite Mother Daughter combo.

I guess that Lucina is a good person and all, but I don't understand why she's so popular..

She's now officially my least favorite Second Generation character.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that Lucina is a good person and all, but I don't understand why she's so popular..

It's because she pushes a lot of buttons for a variety of people. She's cute, on an important mission, she's powerful, we see her vulnerable side, she's a big part of the story, dresses like Marth, is involved in a lot of the FMV, you can marry her as the Male Avatar, she uses a sword, her English VA has a strong voice, she's a little bit lonely... Lucina casts a wide net. It's pretty easy for her to hit a few checkboxes for a lot of people.

Other characters may be "better" in a particular light, but they have a narrower appeal because there isn't as much to them (compare her to Cordelia, for instance). That's why Lucina is popular.

I'm just surprised there aren't any "neither" votes - I had thought there were people who disliked both Lucina and Lissa, at the very least.

She's a pretty decent unit too. Has the most class options of any character with an Avatar father I believe.

What do you mean by this? It sounds like you're saying that Lucina has the most class options out of any character with an Avatar father, but that can't be right.

I assume you meant "Avatar mother", as Avatar!Lucina does indeed have more class options than anyone else, by virtue of having both Lord and Great Lord (since Manakete and such are only a single class), and Donnel!Yarne!Morgan doesn't work since males have one fewer available classes to begin with (4 male-exclusive vs. 5 female-exclusive).

...not that I think class options are what determines being a great unit.

I'm just surprised there aren't any "neither" votes - I had thought there were people who disliked both Lucina and Lissa, at the very least.

That's because shadykid killed most of the neither votes with this:

if I see anyone double-voting neither, I'm throwing you out of future polls

there's an option, it's called don't vote

Edited by Valhalt

That's because shadykid killed most of the neither votes with this:

if I see anyone double-voting neither, I'm throwing you out of future polls

there's an option, it's called don't vote

I thought that was just if someone voted "neither" for both options.

Not that it really matters to me personally, since I generally don't vote "neither".

I thought that was just if someone voted "neither" for both options.

Not that it really matters to me personally, since I generally don't vote "neither".

yeah if you vote in one but not the other, I don't really care

voting neither twice though, why even bother

overrated Lucina.

I know that I used a term similar to overrated in my personal analysis of Henry (which might have come off as character bashing), but let's face it. Every character is overrated to someone, I'm sure. I happen to like Lucina but I know and understand what people hate about her. I dislike Chrom but I know why others herald him as a great character. But the word overrated really adds nothing to a conversation regarding characters. Saying "I hate her because too many others like her for reasons I find stupid" is unhelpful. I'm sure people who are adamantly anti-Ricken could even argue that Ricken is overrated by some if they cared enough to.

I for one will try to avoid this term in the future after seeing it tossed around and realizing not only how (obviously) subjective it is, but also how little it actually adds to an argument.

Not to bash on you, Ana. I'm sure you have good reasons for disliking Lucina because you seem like a smart girl, and I'm glad to see someone else who likes Lissa, but especially one who chose to vote for her against the odds.

Lyn is popular? Maybe off the forum but I don't think she's that well loved here.

I'd say Lucina's way more popular compared to other FE13 characters than Lyn is compared to FE7.

That being said poor Lissa :(

Lyn is popular? Maybe off the forum but I don't think she's that well loved here.

I'd say Lucina's way more popular compared to other FE13 characters than Lyn is compared to FE7.

That being said poor Lissa :(

She is on YouTube and other places, at least.

And SF isn't that big on FE7, keep in mind.

I know that I used a term similar to overrated in my personal analysis of Henry (which might have come off as character bashing), but let's face it. Every character is overrated to someone, I'm sure.odds.

I agree

Frederick is overrated

I like Lucina too, but poor Lissa :(:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31224&p=2485779

its still pretty recent. a month and a bit ago, i doubt awakening got 300 more favourites in that timespan, it might have lost some, really.

Edited by General Horace