Best deathquote finals, and the winner is...

amadeuscho

Best deathquote finals  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Best deathquote?

• Emmeryn: ?I...I finally remember... But alas...I am too late... Lissa...Chrom...forgive me...?
    • Gerome: "Death...always has its...due... Go, Minerva... Be...free... "
    • Yarne: "I don't care if I die out... But please...not the others... "

Problems with polls in the old thread, namely the deathquote poll died. so I made a new thread so we can finish the contest.

Same rules. Best is however you want to define it. Funny, sad, good character development or whatever.

Onto the finals! It's down to:
Emmeryn vs Gerome vs Yarne for the best death quote! each comes from a different point in the game:
Emmeryn (Regular game): “I...I finally remember... But alas...I am too late... Lissa...Chrom...forgive me...”
Gerome (Prior to recruiting, Paralogue 11): "Death...always has its...due... Go, Minerva... Be...free... "
Yarne (Future Past): "I don't care if I die out... But please...not the others... "

And as of 12:20 PST, Yarne is the winner! Thanks to everyone who voted.

Continue to remember these themes, fellow FE players:
Unit Death
Game Over

Previous Results, (bold indicates winner):
Best Male Parent Generation - Chrom: 2 | Frederick: 0 | Avatar: 0 | Virion: 7| Stahl: 1|The Vaike: 2| Kellam: 12| Donnel: 0| Lon’qu: 2 |Ricken:1| Gaius: 3|Gregor: 7| Libra: 4|Henry: 8|Basilio: 0|Gangrel: 0| Walhart: 0|Yen’fay: 4|Priam: 1 | Out of 54 votes.

Best Female Parent Generation - Avatar: 1| Lissa: 1| Sully: 0|Miriel: 1 |Sumia: 1| Maribelle: 0| Panne: 0 | Cordelia: 2| Nowi: 0| Tharja: 0| Anna: 10| Olivia: 6| Cherche: 0| Say’ri: 0| Tiki: 15 | Flavia: 0 | Emmeryn: 16| Aversa: 1 | Out of 54 votes.

Best of the Children Generation - Lucina: 1| Owain: 17| Inigo: 3| Brady: 0| Kjelle: 0| Cynthia: 5 | Severa: 0| Gerome: 4: Morgan(M): 1| Yarne: 2| Laurent: 7| Noire: 0 |Nah: 13| Morgam(F):1| Out of 54 votes.

Best Specific Chapter (characters part 1) – Chrom: 1| Donnel: 0| Gaius: 0| Libra: 4| Cordelia: 0| Tharja: 2| Say’ri: 0| Tiki: 2| Owain: 3| Inigo: 5| Brady: 3| Severa: 11| Yarne: 3| Morgan: 4| Gangrel: 7 | Walhart: 1| Yen’fay: 3| Aversa: 1| Emmeryn:3 | Walhart: 1 | Out of 54 votes.

Best Specific Chapter (characters part 2) – Anna: 4| Kjelle: 1| Cynthia: 5| Gerome: 14| Noire: 1| Nah: 3| Gangrel: 4| Emmeryn: 0| Yen’fay : 2| Aversa: 0| Panne: 0| Nowi: 0 | Out of 34 votes.

Semi-Finals Results, out of 41 votes:
Regular Death Quote: Kellam 13 | Emmeryn 19 | Owain 9
Specific Chapter Quote: Severa 19 | Gerome 22

Future Past Results: Nah 3 | Noire 3 | Kjelle 0 | Cynthia 0 | ??? (Male Morgan) 1 | Inigo 3 | Owain 0 | Brady 1 | Yarne 9 | ??? (Female Morgan) 2 | Lucina 5| Laurent 4 | Gerome 3 | Severa 7

Finals Results, out of 54 votes, as of 12:20 PST:
Emmeryn: 18 | Gerome: 17 | Yarne: 19

Edit: Wow. Now they are all tied. It's awesome to see that their support is pretty much equal. 19 votes each.

Edit 2: Now Emmeryn has pulled ahead. Let's see how this turns out.

Edit 3: Emmeryn clearly has pulled aheand by a sizable margin. So it looks like Emmeryn is the clear choice for the winner.

Edited by jaytalks

I don't see what's more sad than the extinction of an entire race.

Emmeryn's miracle.

She got another chance, and now? It's gone forever..

THAT'S what's more sad. And not to mention she was the exalt..

Emmeryn's miracle.

Last I checked Miracle is down to earth sucks

Or are we talking about Finn? because that dude has a plot armor as a gameplay ability, so that does not count

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Guess I'll be the wild card for Gerome. But Yarne's almost makes me sad hes my least favorite of the second gen. Emmeryn is depressing when you if you know about her story through the game

The last of his kind part is unimportant

The actual quote is

And frankly, I liked Yarne's more because he does not talk only about his race

I suppose.

Nuh-uh. What about his mother?

She can always have more Taguel babies.

Well in the Bad Future (Future of Despair/Future Past), Yarne was the only Taguel left. So if he dies, extinction.

Well in the Bad Future (Future of Despair/Future Past), Yarne was the only Taguel left. So if he dies, extinction.

I don't really give a damn about the "extinction" bit, but personally I am VERY bothered at the tone of that post

Theres.... a lot of things that can be said, but that would take too long and its already 3.AM and I need to take a nap

The last of his kind part is unimportant

The actual quote is

And frankly, I liked Yarne's more because he does not talk only about his race

It's Yarne's best death quote by far. But I think the last of his kind part is what makes it compelling. He knows he is the last of his kind and the implications "I don't care if I die out" but he cares more about what happens to his friends. So he cares more about his friends than his entire race. Which reveals a pretty deep connection. And makes him pretty brave sounding.

Nuh-uh. What about his mother?

She can always have more Taguel babies.

She's not alive in the Future Past timeline, which goes into the context of what Yarne is saying.

Gerome's is great when you consider the fact that Minerva has served both him and his mom as a mount.

Emmeryn's is definitely very tragic.

But I pick Yarne's because it makes me like Yarne more.

It's Yarne's best death quote by far. But I think the last of his kind part is what makes it compelling. He knows he is the last of his kind and the implications "I don't care if I die out" but he cares more about what happens to his friends. So he cares more about his friends than his entire race. Which reveals a pretty deep connection. And makes him pretty brave sounding.

Which is basically how I feel about it

Dude spent majority of the game going "OHDUDEXTINCTIONOHNO" but when he's dead, he does not

Which is basically how I feel about it

Dude spent majority of the game going "OHDUDEXTINCTIONOHNO" but when he's dead, he does not

And thats what irritated me. I feel like last minute redemptions are rather cliche and overused in popular media.

It's been exactly a day since the poll has been out, so I think it's time to declare a winner. With 54 total votes, he closest poll threeway poll I've seen in awhile. So as of 12:20 PST, I declare Yarne the winner of the deathquote finals, coming in with 19 votes. Emmeryn dives into second place with 18 votes. and Gerome falls to a respectable third place with 17 votes. Every vote counted quite literally and it appears that the Futures Past produced some of the best story for the game as well as it's best deathquote.

I have nothing else to add other than to anyone playing Fire Emblem: Awakening: I ask you to remember the words of Brady: "Get busy dyin'!"