Lunatic+ Pairings - UPDATED AGAIN! (More help?)

This will be my first "all maxed" file.

I want everyone's opinions on these

Chrom x Olivia

Chrom will pass down Aether/Rightful King. Olivia will pass down Galeforce.

MU (+Strength, -Luck) x Nowi

MU will pass Sol down to Nah. He will pass Counter down to Morgan. I'm not sure what Nowi will pass down to either children. Suggestions?

Donnel x Sully (First time doing this)

Sully will pass down Aegis. Donnel will pass down Apitude. (Or Sol)

Gaius x Tharja (I have never done this, but I heard this makes the best Noire)

Gaius will pass down Counter (Because I want Noire will be a Sniper) Tharja will pass down Lifetaker.

Sumia x Henry

Sumia will pass down Galeforce. Henry will pass down Lifetaker.

Cherche x Frederick

Cherche will pass down Dual Support+. Frederick will pass down Dual Guard+.

Cordelia x Stahl

Cordelia will pass down Galeforce. Stahl will pass down Luna.

Panne x Vaike

I'm not sure what Panne will pass down. But Yarne will end up as a Beserker. I'm not sure what Vaike will pass down either. (Counter?)

Lissa x Ricken

Lissa will pass down Galeforce. Ricken will pass down Luna.

Miriel x Lon'qu

Miriel will pass down Dual Support+. Lon'qu will pass down Astra. (Support Unit)

Maribelle x Gregor

Gregor will pass down Sol. (Something else?) Maribelle will pass down Galeforce.

<Children Pairings>

Nah x Gerome

Morgan (F) x Inigo

Noire x Laurent

Cynthia x Owain

Lucina x Yarne

Severa x Brady

Edited by SimplyUnlucky

If you're maxing things, then it doesn't matter what the same-gendered parent passes down.

I would have Avatar pass down something like Counter or Wrath or some other male-only skill to both. Avatar!Nah is functionally identical to Nowi!Morgan.

Gaius should pass Sol, not Counter, because unless you're doing StreetPass, Counter is basically a wasted skillslot.

Panne should pass a skill from the Wyvern Rider line, since Yarne won't get that.

Miriel ought to pass Dual Support+, or maybe Renewal (I'd go for Dual Support+, myself).

Personally, I would switch Frederick and Henry, because Cynthia would love some Mag for Dark Flier/Sage (which are probably her best classes), and Gerome can make use of Fred's Luna (if he's a lead unit), which is redundant on Cynthia.

Gregor might be useful somewhere (I'm thinking Laurent), because he gives the Merc tree, and many people like having maximum Armsthrifts...maybe on Yarne, but Yarne is probably best as a supportbot, and Vaike gives better Str.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Euklyd's skill suggestions. Dunno if I agree with swapping Henry and Frederick, since both are excellent for Cynthia (dunno how Henry!Gerome is tbh) but otherwise that seems to be solid advice.

I would like to point out that Counter can be useful on Lunatic+ depending on what you're doing; my own personal Lunatic+ playthrough made pretty significant use of my Avatar with Counter and a bow tanking the map. Counter in this case allowed me to still deal damage to melee-range enemies without having to swap to a melee weapon (and thus open myself up to enemy Counters). I did Avatar/Nowi for my run as well; Nah and Morgan each got good use out of Counter as well, though not nearly as much as my Avatar. I do think Sol is still a better skill for Gaius to pass, but Counter shouldn't be completely disregarded.

I agree with Euklyd's skill suggestions. Dunno if I agree with swapping Henry and Frederick, since both are excellent for Cynthia (dunno how Henry!Gerome is tbh) but otherwise that seems to be solid advice.

Henry!Gerome is Vaike!Gerome with Dark Mage, so he's basically a physical beater who can run Hex/Anathema for critical support. Don't think it's the best Gerome myself, but it's one of the better ones.

Personally I wouldn't swap them since I'd say that Henry benefits Cynthia just as much, but it depends on what you're looking for.

Edited by HeoandReo

I would like to point out that Counter can be useful on Lunatic+ depending on what you're doing; my own personal Lunatic+ playthrough made pretty significant use of my Avatar with Counter and a bow tanking the map. Counter in this case allowed me to still deal damage to melee-range enemies without having to swap to a melee weapon (and thus open myself up to enemy Counters). I did Avatar/Nowi for my run as well; Nah and Morgan each got good use out of Counter as well, though not nearly as much as my Avatar. I do think Sol is still a better skill for Gaius to pass, but Counter shouldn't be completely disregarded.

I do still plan on making Gaius pass down Counter because Noire's final class will be Sniper. Because their are some great "legendary" bows that I never use, because the only Archer Class that I end up having is Virion. (lol)

This really isn't far from what most people will recommend you:

I would have Avatar pass down something like Counter or Wrath or some other male-only skill to both. Avatar!Nah is functionally identical to Nowi!Morgan.

Gaius should pass Sol, not Counter, because unless you're doing StreetPass, Counter is basically a wasted skillslot.

Panne should pass a skill from the Wyvern Rider line, since Yarne won't get that.

Miriel ought to pass Dual Support+, or maybe Renewal (I'd go for Dual Support+, myself).

And you're already passing down Galeforce to any male children that'd get it from their moms (Owain, Inigo, and Brady), so you're good on that. For the rest, you generally want to pass down skills that you don't really want to grind for, like Galeforce and Aegis.

-----------------------------------------

If you want any opinion on optimization, I'd say Gregor and Ricken are missing from the picture. They're simply too good for what they offer and should be paired off. I've tried switching around a lot of things and think these are the changes you can make:

These are definite pairings for reasons stated below:

SumiaxHenry - Simply for the reason that no one else will take Henry besides Maribelle; makes the best magical non-MU Cynthia.

CherchexFrederick - Frederick is the best father for Gerome; make the best overall non-MU Gerome.

You can fiddle around with any of these, but these are what I recommend:

CordeliaxLon'Qu - I know it's overrated, but much like Henry's circumstance, no one else will take Lon'Qu besides Maribelle; Maribelle is...quite popular for these two gentlemen, no? He's good enough for Laurent thanks to Vantage, but...another child with Galeforce really wants that Deliverer...and that's kind of where Severa fits in.

PannexStahl - Stahl's a good dad and would be a shame not to pair off. Yarne will certainly appreciate the Dual Guard+ for support, which is where he's mostly relegated to.

OliviaxLibra - A great alternative for Olivia besides Chrom. No class overlap and makes a decent magic Inigo.

LissaxRicken - Owain gets Luna. He also gets Dual Guard + and Aegis, but Luna is pretty much all he wants. Plus, he gets +5 MAG modifier (yay?).

MirielxGregor - Basically makes the best sorcerer Laurent, which most people on this forum seem to disdain...Sorcerers, I mean.

EDIT: Keep in mind this is if you want any opinion on optimization. You can simply ignore this part.

Edited by kDog214

This really isn't far from what most people will recommend you:

And you're already passing down Galeforce to any male children that'd get it from their moms (Owain, Inigo, and Brady), so you're good on that. For the rest, you generally want to pass down skills that you don't really want to grind for, like Galeforce and Aegis.

-----------------------------------------

If you want any opinion on optimization, I'd say Gregor and Ricken are missing from the picture. They're simply too good for what they offer and should be paired off. I've tried switching around a lot of things and think these are the changes you can make:

These are definite pairings for reasons stated below:

SumiaxHenry - Simply for the reason that no one else will take Henry besides Maribelle; makes the best magical non-MU Cynthia.

CherchexFrederick - Frederick is the best father for Gerome; make the best overall non-MU Gerome.

You can fiddle around with any of these, but these are what I recommend:

CordeliaxLon'Qu - I know it's overrated, but much like Henry's circumstance, no one else will take Lon'Qu besides Maribelle; Maribelle is...quite popular for these two gentlemen, no? He's good enough for Laurent thanks to Vantage, but...another child with Galeforce really wants that Deliverer...and that's kind of where Severa fits in.

PannexStahl - Stahl's a good dad and would be a shame not to pair off. Yarne will certainly appreciate the Dual Guard+ for support, which is where he's mostly relegated to.

OliviaxLibra - A great alternative for Olivia besides Chrom. No class overlap and makes a decent magic Inigo.

LissaxRicken - Owain gets Luna. He also gets Dual Guard + and Aegis, but Luna is pretty much all he wants. Plus, he gets +5 MAG modifier (yay?).

MirielxGregor - Basically makes the best sorcerer Laurent, which most people on this forum seem to disdain...Sorcerers, I mean.

EDIT: Keep in mind this is if you want any opinion on optimization. You can simply ignore this part.

This is exactly right, but if you want a physical Inigo, which is what most people do, go Virion. Plus great supports.

Maribelle is best with Virion, Lon'qu or Libra, while you may want to give Stahl to Cordelia and instead use either Ricken or Libra for Lissa.

Or... hmm. Where to put Kellam though, because he IS a great father and I'd recommend putting him somewhere.

Edited by Vashiane

Cordelia x Kellam (Should I put Kellam somewhere else) Stahl, and "doesn't look like it"

Cordelia will pass down Galeforce. Kellam wil pass down Pavise.

Panne x Vaike

I'm not sure what Panne will pass down. But Yarne will end up as a Beserker. I'm not sure what Vaike will pass down either. (Counter?) Panne should pass Swordbreaker or Deliverer.

Lissa x Stahl Ricken or Libra

Lissa will pass down Galeforce. Stahl will pass down Luna.

Maribelle x ______? Gregor. If you're not totally set on being a War Monk, Libra is good too.

Just for some info, Brady's final class will be War Monk.

And you probably don't need to be told, but just in case: pass Galeforce.

I agree with Duck, adding in Gregor as a good dad for Brady, especially if Brady is gonna be a War Monk and not a better more magical class. Most of my comments are contained within the quotebox, in bold.

And if you're gonna be grinding anyways, have the dads of female kids pass male-only skills.

EDIT: Quote edited for length.

Edited by Euklyd

Ricken is Owain's best non-MU father because of luna and a big boost to his already high magic. Final class should be sage for 51 magic and all around awesomeness.

EDIT: Here's what I used for my Ricken!Owain- Sage: LB, GF, Aggressor, Tomefaire, Luna.

Edited by Duck

Ricken is Owain's best non-MU father because of luna and a big boost to his already high magic. Final class should be sage for 51 magic and all around awesomeness.

EDIT: Here's what I used for my Ricken!Owain- Sage: LB, GF, Aggressor, Tomefaire, Luna.

I'm the kind of person that like characters in their oringinal class. (Cynthia-Falcon Knight, Kjelle-General, etc) But that sounds pretty cool. Would Owain be good as a Swordmaster with Ricken as his father?

I'm the kind of person that like characters in their oringinal class. (Cynthia-Falcon Knight, Kjelle-General, etc) But that sounds pretty cool. Would Owain be good as a Swordmaster with Ricken as his father?

No, Ricken!Owain is used to spam magic as a sage, so the only physical class he would succeed in is dread fighter. You could try Kellam, but why have a mediocre sword user with luna when you can have an overpowered sage with luna instead?

EDIT: If your heart is truly, completely, and utterly set on being a SM, which I still wouldn't recommend, you could shuffle Kellam to Panne and Vaike to Lissa. Then you would have a pretty good SM!Owain.

Edited by Duck