Awakening WTF Moments

Anacybele

This isn't really a true WTF moment (at least not to me, I -expect- this most of the time (Morgan loves her Procs, and Inigo loves Dual Strike, what can I say?)).

Was redoing No-DLC-Apo to show a few friends of mine this thing, and got to Anna.

I attack with my Morgan, who I succesfully missed rallies on, and thus she's got a lovely 6 Damage vs. Anna, 67% Hit. (She's using Double Bow, so she's not in any danger, and Sev's gonna execute next move)

Morgan -> Aether -> 6 -> 20 -> Inigo (Dual strike) -> 5 -> 5

Total Damage done to Anna: 36

My friends were like "How the hell did you go from one attack that does 6 damage to blowing off nearly half of Anna's HP?"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought out Cords (I gave her a nickname, because I'm too lazy bother calling her Cordelia all the time) and Severa for some support training. Cords and Severa go to attack an enemy, and Cords misses her attack, and gets criticaled, leaving her with 5 HP. I had been planning on a quick, get in, kill, get out (Yay Galeforce!). There's no units nearby to attack and get rid of the enemies (5 of them). My turn ends.

The enemies attack, and I'm resigned to Cords shuffling off the mortal coil. Suddenly, Severa intercepts and defends her mother. Thanks, Severa, but your mother's still kind of screwed. Cords is attack again, and again, Severa protects her. All of the nearby enemies attack, and Severa takes all of the hits.

This actually also happened before with Cynthia, just with fewer enemies (and also no chance of death, but it's the thought that counts). Severa redeemed herself, and I've lost all disdain for her. I never thought a character would rescue themselves from my Scrappy heap like that. Damn Severa.

Wow... That's seriously impressive...

Edited by Vashiane

When I first played the game and did Severa's Paralogue, I killed Holland and then her. I didn't realize she was Cordelia's daughter until Endgame

OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HELL!

Why did you murder the most precious daughter in the world!?

I am VERY disappointed!

OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HELL!

Why did you murder the most precious daughter in the world!?

I am VERY disappointed!

S-Sorry, I didn't know jack about Awakening when I first played, and coming off the high that was FE12 I'm pretty used to killing recruitable characters. But don't worry, I cleaned up my act in subsequent playthroughs

S-Sorry, I didn't know jack about Awakening when I first played, and coming off the high that was FE12 I'm pretty used to killing recruitable characters. But don't worry, I cleaned up my act in subsequent playthroughs

GOOD.

Have you learned your lesson, young man?

A-And she even bothered to smile for my spectacular picture!

That moment where you are grinding more than one character and you get all stat level up on one and a one stat on the other when they don't use the magic/strength they gained at all.

This entire thing:

After killing Yen'fey...

Y: I did this all for you, Say'ri... I wanted to keep you safe...

S: Fie! Brother, no!

Y: I love you... I never wanted to see you harmed...

First time I tried the battle...

Me: Maybe it'll be like Kurthnaga and his dad in RD!

*kills everyone on the map but Yen'fay*

*moves Say'ri to attack Yen'fay*

Say'ri misses...

Y: Now, we clash!

*stabs her in the face five times with Astra*

*Say'ri dies*

Y: I never wanted to see you harmed...

Me: Are you kidding!? You were literally without any other units on your side, Walhart was nowhere around, you could have joined me easily, not have to hurt your sister, been there to protect her, had supports... And what do you do? Stab her five times!

Edited by Valorous_Roland

When "Marth" willingly attacks Chrom in Chapter 4. This makes little sense for very obvious reasons.

Especially so if "Marth" actually kills Chrom in Chapter 4. Seriously, you had one job "Marth," and you failed miserably.

Edited by Cor Leonis

When "Marth" willingly attacks Chrom in Chapter 4. This makes little sense for very obvious reasons.

Especially so if "Marth" actually kills Chrom in Chapter 4. Seriously, you had one job "Marth," and you failed miserably.

Yes, yes, I know I'm not exactly treading new ground here. I just cannot help but groan every time since it makes zero sense from a plot standpoint. Not that this game had much of a plot in the first place, mind you.

Edited by Cor Leonis

Yes, yes, I know I'm not exactly treading new ground here. I just cannot help but groan every time since it makes zero sense from a plot standpoint. Not that this game had much of a plot in the first place, mind you.

Well have some sense back then.

Well theorically you should not be able to recruit any of Gaius' kids, since he joins because of Lucina coming from the future. I mean, in Lucina's times, Chrom would have not been there to save her sister and to give cookies to Gaius and Gaius would have not been there to fuck someone and make a kid. But still, his son comes out from the future for whatever reason.