Anyone here used GXSCC?

(Disclaimer: Yes, I know about the hordes of people who complain about the program, but it's still a fun little midi chiptune player)

But one thing I've noticed is how it handles channel volume. I...guess this would be easiest to show with a graphic ^-^;

8ebf7d3ea8630e70fabbacb1054adf66.pngfdddcc423a73c61544d707f560357de8.png

The pink on the bottom of the images is supposed to be the volume control, so both of these should fade out. But in GXSCC, only the left one would change volume at all because it seems the program only cares about a channel's volume on a note when that note first starts...I think? Is there any way that anyone here knows of that would let you fade a note in/out as it plays through GXSCC?

Edited by 47948201

Well, I've never heard of GXSCC, but I know this technique known as automation, where you kind of play with the fader (volume control), which can create such an effect without having to break it up like that. But I learned that through Pro Tools, and I'm not sure if this can do it also

Edited by Hero-King

i think the program is trolling. channel volume and note volume are separate. either the program is actually dolan changing the note volumes instead of the channel volume, or...the thing is just not correctly programmed to start reading the volume change until the note finishes.

...hai, my friend :3

Edited by Boney

Oh well the pictures shown are FL Studio, which I use to edit midis. I just used that to show examples of what does/doesn't work in GXSCC, which is an entirely separate program that takes an imported midi and plays it back with pseudo-8-bit sounds.

(Though I think I may as well try and figure out a tracker...)

Yeah I have a soundfont, but wouldn't you know it sounds different from the sounds GXSCC actually puts out. Everything has less sustain, and some of the instruments are totally different. I use it to get a general idea of what a song will sound like before putting it through GXSCC, but I guess both methods have their drawbacks...

oh, that means the soundfont's settings aren't accurate...see, after you actually put the sound samples in a soundfont, there are still a lot of optional settings to tinker around with. i guess who ever made it put the wrong ones...but where are GXSCC's sounds supposed to be from, anyway?