A Few Questions About 3DS Ambassador Games

Comet

Well, I've just found my old 3ds which has the ambassador program but doesn't have the original sd card, and I wanted to transfer the games to my other 3ds.

1. If I do a system transfer, will the previously downloaded games on the eshop from my old 3ds be put onto my new one?

2. Can I redownload the games on my 3ds with a different sd card?

3. Is it possible to transfer the games at all without the original sd card and how?

1. Yes. in your case you'll need a new SD for them though. (since you seem to have lost your old one).

2. It should be possible. (i think it is) you should be able to download the game in as many SD cards you'd like but they will only work on the 3ds that has your eshop account.

3. When you do a system transfer all the eshop data will be transferred to your new 3ds, so you just have to redownload your games from the eshop on a new SD card (that's how it's supposed to work, the game data is encrypted to be readable only on your 3ds).

1. Of course you can!

2. Of course you can!

3. Of course you can!

Your eShop account is tied to your 3DS, not your SD card. A system transfer means you can redownload everything onto another 3DS/SD card, but the previous 3DS won't be able to play anything.

I don't think your question is "how can I use a different SD card," but I guess I'll answer that too. It's as easy as cutting everything from the old SD and pasting onto the new one, as long as they're going into the 3DS that your eShop account is tied to. This is what I did when I went from 2GB to 32GB. I'm starting to prefer digital over physical copies.