The Nintendo 2DS!

Raminax

Not quite sure where this is supposed to go, figured the General Entertainment forums would be appropriate. Slap me and move the topic if necessary.

Apparently Nintendo announced a 2DS just yesterday! Said 2DS will be able to play 3DS games, but without the 3D feature. It's apparently aimed at younger children, will release 12th October (incidentally, the same date as Pokémon X and Y) and will cost 129.99 $.

So, what's peoples' thoughts regarding the 2DS? Nintendo gone crazy? An excellent alternative for those who don't care about the 3D and want a more reasonable price tag? Or has everyone already gotten a regular 3DS because of Awakening on these forums? :P:

I find it hilarious and kinda cute, actually, that they'd make that.

That said, as the proud owner of an original-model 3DS, I can't foresee myself getting a 2DS anytime soon.

The lower price tag should make it easier for a lot of people to break into the system's library, though, which is something I'm wholeheartedly in favor of.

Edited by Starlight36