Mighty No. 9 by the co-creator of Mega Man, Keiji Inafune

amadeuscho

For the record; Inafune did not create Mega-man, the one who actually created the character was Akira Kitamura and the one who designed the game was Tokuro Fujiwara.

In the original game...Inafune was just a assistant character designer.

Just a FYI.

For the record; Inafune did not create Mega-man, the one who actually created the character was Akira Kitamura and the one who designed the game was Tokuro Fujiwara.

Just a FYI.

Fair enough, I think his first creation for a main character was Zero? But he still is the father of Mega Man in a sense, and I think he was the developer for a good number of them? Honestly, I'm bad at remembering the specifics.

Just a FYI.

Just look at Mega Man's wiki page.

Created by: Akira Kitamura and Keiji Inafune

Design by: Keiji Inafune

Keiji Inafune was one of the lead artists, and actually designed Mega Man. He developed the art and design for all the characters. He also refined their pixel form and designed the package logo, logo, and instruction booklet. He's the reason for the rock and roll references (Rock Man, Roll, and later games Rush, Blues, Bass, etc).

Capcom credits him as the creator.

He is the creator of Mega Man the same way Steve Ditko is the creator of Spider-Man, along with Stan Lee.

Just look at Mega Man's wiki page.

Created by: Akira Kitamura and Keiji Inafune

Design by: Keiji Inafune

Keiji Inafune was one of the lead artists, and actually designed Mega Man. He developed the art and design for all the characters. He also refined their pixel form and designed the package logo, logo, and instruction booklet. He's the reason for the rock and roll references (Rock Man, Roll, and later games Rush, Blues, Bass, etc).

Capcom credits him as the creator.

He is the creator of Mega Man the same way Steve Ditko is the creator of Spider-Man, along with Stan Lee.

And you listen to what the man himself says.

http://www.gamespot.com//news/tgs-07-mega-man-celebrates-20th-anniversary-6179759?

"I am often called the father of Megaman, but actually his design was already made when I joined Capcom. My mentor (At Capcom) who was the designer of the original Mega Man, had a basic concept of what Mega Man was supposed to look like. So I only did half of the job in creating him. I didn't get to completely design a Mega Man [protagonist] from scratch until Zero (Mega Man X, SNES). Back when the SNES was coming out, I was asked to give Mega Man a redesign, so I created this character. But I realized that this design wouldn't be accepted as Mega Man, so I had another designer create the new Mega Man, and I worked on Zero to release him as the 'other main character' that would steal all the good scenes!" "-Keiji Inafune
Edited by Saint of Games

And you listen to what the man himself says.

http://www.gamespot.com//news/tgs-07-mega-man-celebrates-20th-anniversary-6179759?

"I am often called the father of Megaman, but actually his design was already made when I joined Capcom. My mentor (At Capcom) who was the designer of the original Mega Man, had a basic concept of what Mega Man was supposed to look like. So I only did half of the job in creating him. I didn't get to completely design a Mega Man [protagonist] from scratch until Zero (Mega Man X, SNES). Back when the SNES was coming out, I was asked to give Mega Man a redesign, so I created this character. But I realized that this design wouldn't be accepted as Mega Man, so I had another designer create the new Mega Man, and I worked on Zero to release him as the 'other main character' that would steal all the good scenes!" "-Keiji Inafune

Created by: Akira Kitamura and Keiji Inafune. 1/2 creator.

It's a general rule that you don't always have to say co-creator and you can say creator while still crediting the other creator. That's why I did the Spider-Man comparison.

• 2 weeks later...