Apple Users- Software Question

SogiTai

Are the Hacking programs not compatible with a macbook?

Would programs like HxD or VBA work on the macbook, whereas maybe event assembler/etc won't work?

If that's the case, would it require me to do all the same amount of work that users did prior to event assembler- dealing with hex, and stuff?

Mac VBA is a thing but it doesn't have the thing where you view the assembly/addresses

HxD itself I don't remember working, but there's plenty of hex editors out there for free. One I have is called HexEdit.

Wine does not run EA because it's not an installation type program (and maybe you can get those to work but it's probably a lot more difficult than what I've tried with it). Nightmare 2's GUI has some mac-incompatible code in it with swing, but FEditor does work. The only hacking-related thing that does on mine, mind.

Hmm, alright thanks guys! :D

I am actually on the new macbook now.

I'm trying the downloads out.

So basically then the only options I would have to create my own fe hacks on the mac, would require me

to either making my own program/wait for one to come out that acts as EA for mac users,

Or..

to deal with the hex?

Thats for the EA, but does anyone know of any mac os programs for disassembling/debugging the vba then?

If I'm misunderstanding, would i have other options?

EA was made by NL and pretty much all his programs will run if you have either the latest version of .NET Framework or Mono equivalent sooooo...

Xeld's Java programs are in a similar boat, just have the latest version of Java and it should work (though you might not be able to use the batch file to run it if you're using a mac)

also I wouldn't get your hopes up waiting for anything mac-specific, hacking is kind of a cryptic art as it is, I doubt anyone is interested in supporting it for macs given how few people hack in general and the fact that it's probably easier to just boot another OS

Hmm, alright thanks guys! :D

I am actually on the new macbook now.

I'm trying the downloads out.

So basically then the only options I would have to create my own fe hacks on the mac, would require me

to either making my own program/wait for one to come out that acts as EA for mac users,

Or..

to deal with the hex?

Thats for the EA, but does anyone know of any mac os programs for disassembling/debugging the vba then?

If I'm misunderstanding, would i have other options?

I know some people have a dualboot install of their Mac OS and a Windows OS. Recent Mac hardware isn't really all that different from a generic PC, from what I've heard; you can always go down this route if it interests you enough.