How would you differientiate/define immoral, wrong, offensive, etc?

Constable Reggie

This is actually something that I have difficulty trying to explain, but I'll try.

Immoral means something in which you should not do. Immoral acts usually harm others. The reason why I think eating your dead baby is not immoral is because it doesn't harm anyone. No one was murdered, no one was harmed in any fashion.

Wrong is synonymous with immoral. It's other obvious meaning is that you are simply incorrect.

Offensive means that whilst it can affect others emotionally or psychologically, there is no direct harm being done to anyone at any time. Racial slurs, disgusting acts, etc. fall under here. Things that people get sensitive over but aren't in any way harmed are things that I would consider "offensive," but not "immoral."

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Morality is codified system by which an individual has allowances or disallowances. Whence this system has its authority is where most moralists make discussion. No one has really found any stable ground. If there's a natural/real moral fact, there is the problem of how we as human beings can observe, be aware, and justify our actions according to these fact. If all moral facts are facts about a god, then we have the issues of how could a conventional god exist. If all moral facts are socially agree upon, or otherwise group-accepted facts, then we have the issue of morality being arbitrary and thus non-binding in any real or necessary authoritative manner.

I think you'd need to first explain how you are seeing 'wrong', 'immoral', and 'offensive', because these are all very different ideas, none of which are necessarily related (though they may be contingently).