Ilia's Brightest

TheGreatArmads

Hello my name is TheGreatArmads, but more personally Robert. Im just now starting with hacks and I've got the basics down like event assembler basics (enough knowledge to make a chapter) I am not the greatest at making maps and my mugshots for characters can be a little...bland or the hair is a little messed up. But the premise of this post is to help me with making this hack named Ilia's brightest, ill just say its 1 year after Nergals death and follows 2 new peg. Knights in the 6th squad of ilia, but here is the 2 characters Felicia and Ferris.

bC5WuYe.png

This is Ferris and her sister

AsEgGm9.png

Felicia

And these are the first 2 maps the prologue

sHog5OT.png

Chapter 1(Throne room)

khxhZfo.png

I know they look rough and most people can pick out the characters used, but I just made them but took my time...a little.

Maps are a little hard to construct to make them look good but a little critiquing that can sound harsh but don't try to hurt a persons feelings. Any help to make them look better will be greatly appreciated

Looks like your reduced the number of colors in their hair. Don't. Other than that, and the above mentioned lack of varying colors, solid splices.

The first map's cliffs are spammed in lines, there are multiple cliff tiles that doe the same thing for a reason (that reason being variety). The small mountain tiles also have tiles that transition between them and flat snow.

Note that no in game or higher quality fan made maps have indoor rooms as large as yours. It's too open and repetitive. Split it into different rooms, don't make all the rooms square, and use changes in height to spruce it up.

Edited by deranger