PS VITA Inquiry

Truxton

So I've decided to get a $200 Persona Machine PS Vita since I just realized I have no ideas on what responsible things to do with all this money.

And my old PSP 1001 is on the verge of eternal slumber.

Are there are good and notable games out/coming out to the PS Vita?

The only game I'm actually set on buying so far is P4 Golden.

Ys: Memories of Celceta. Grab the Limited Silver Anniversary Edition or whatever it's called--I think you can grab it off of GameStop and maybe Amazon. The game is a great RPG that we're lucky to be getting since they haven't come in the past (though the series is slowly getting more and more popular so the localization situation is improving).

As for games already out that aren't Persona, well my personal list is

Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention

Ragnarok Odyssey

Street Fighter X Tekken

And there's always games that come on multiple platforms so if you prefer a portable experience of games like Dragon's Crown or The Walking Dead or whatever, feel free to pick those up as well.

The list of games for the Vita isn't *that* great admittedly, especially in exclusives, because it hasn't sold well in the U.S. yet it's relatively popular in Japan so there's more attention for it in Japan than here, but it's still got a few good games, as well as an archive of games on PSN, so yeah...

EDIT: The Vita is actually doing better outside of Japan right now but meh it wasn't doing as well before AFAIR

Edited by Blazer

Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention

Ragnarok Odyssey

Street Fighter X Tekken

HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET ABOUT STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN

I'm pretty sure I've spent most of my PSP 1001 time playing Tekken Dark Resurrection.

Now currently thinking of putting that on my games list because I'm a Tekken fan and my mom's more of a Street Fighter fan.

TitS FC and TitS SC. :3

And Killzone if you're into shooters.

And Rayman Legends if you're into platformers.

And maybe Gravity Rush or Uncharted.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted, perhaps?

Final Fantasy X and X-2 are coming out, too.

And Tearaway.

Valhalla Knights 3.

Oh, and Soul Sacrifice.

While it's not like Nintendo in that you'll be drowning in games, there'll be enough keep you busy enough and justify the purchase.

I'm considering getting a PS Vita myself sometime in the future, but I'm currently saving up for a 3DS XL, so that'll have to come waaaaaaaaay later. But there are a few notable games on the Vita that I'd say you should get and look out for, other than Persona 4 Golden. This list excludes PS1 and PSP titles available on PSN.

Released

Soul Sacrifice

Dragon's Crown

Rayman Legends

Killzone Mercenary

Muramasa Rebirth

Hotline Miami

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Assassin's Creed: Liberation

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Gravity Rush

Ragnarok Odyssey

Upcoming

Phantasy Star Nova

Soul Sacrifice Delta (an upgraded version to Soul Sacrifice, dunno if it's coming to the west)

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Toukiden

God Eater 2

Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Final Fantasy X HD

Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse

Valhalla Knights 3

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Phantasy Star Online 2

Demon Gaze

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (updated version of Ragnarok Odyssey already released in Japan. Dunno if it's coming to the west)

That's all I can think of, really.

Edited by Karaszure

yeaaah I was trying to exclude games for multiple systems or games that aren't coming out very soon and lastly games that are just games available on PSN (e.g. TitS FC though it's one of my favorite games ever)

but a lot of the above suggested games are legit though I think Ragnarok Odyssey is out already (or I just imagine things when I walk around GameStop... ENTIRELY POSSIBLE)

So I actually went ahead to get my PS Vita this morning.

My dad somehow convinced me to get the Walking Dead bundle (my parents are hardcore WD fans).

So now I've got a 3G/WiFi PS Vita with The Walking Dead and P4G.

Today was a good day.

Same here. Personally, I'm not interested in the game itself, but hey! Free game!

My mom kinda got mad at me for spending so much money on video games but then I showed her that I got the Walking Dead bundle and she was like "WOOOOOAH MY COWORKERS ARE GONNA BE SOOO JEALOUS WOOOOOO"

Subscribed to PS+. Not only you'll receive free games that is Gravity Rush, you'll also have crazy discount as Sony is on the role with it right now. Just a month a go they did Japanese Game sales where title like Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa Rebirth, Atelier Totori+ and DOA have crazy low prices. $60 for free games every month and exclusive (future) discount is a steal. Or did your bundle come up with one?