Book Challenge Thread for the end of 2013!

Maji

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should manga and comic books count?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you plan on participating?

• Yes, sounds like fun.
    • No, lol who reads?
    • No, but I'll hang out.
  3. 3. If you voted yes to Question 2, how much do you plan on reading?

• 1-10
    • 10-25
    • 25-50
    • 50+
    • Every book ever written, gotta read em' all!

My semester started.. a few weeks ago, and in honour and celebration of academia, I want to start a book challenge thread. I know you are all avid readers, and I want to see how much you can read by the end of 2013, as well as see the kinds of books you read. So starting now, I want to see how much books you guys- and myself can read by next year.

Why start now? Because it's too exciting for me to wait until 2014. The participation thread will serve as a testing ground for a full year challenge that I might start in 2014 if this thread proves to be a success.

Challenge: To see how much books SF can read before January 1st, 2014!

State the amount of books you plan on reading before 2014, and if you're already reading a book, please tell me what you are reading, if not, start a book and tell me.

For me, I plan on reading at least 25 books for the end of 2013. I am currently reading the third book of Outlaws of the Marsh, which I have been reading since the latter half of Summer. While I am enjoying it, I did like Three Kingdoms and Journey to the West more. I'm always paranoid that my Chinese professor thinks I am sucking up to her, reading classical Chinese literature before the class starts. After I complete the third and fourth volumes, I plan on reading A Dream of Red Mansions, albeit probably at a leisurely pace, as love stories don't appeal to me much. At the same time, for the challenge, I will read The Jungle Books, as I have it kicking around, and I've been wanting to read it for some time.

Edited by Maji

Are we counting books we already read this year? If not then I can't help you. Unfortunately I have just started volume 2 of the Arabian nights and they take a while to finish. But if they do count, then I can give 2 dozen plus books.

Because I precariously started this thread, I'm going to say yes, but we'll see what other's views on it are. If so, then I read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass on the train this Summer, and enjoyed them, as did I finish Journey to the West, as mentioned.