Inheritance Tool

Meteor

As an exercise to help me learn AngularJS, I decided to recreate the inheritance page from the main site (with some improvements). At this point in the lifespan of the game I'm not sure how useful people will find it, but it was fun to make anyway. Without further ado -

Inheritance web app (FYI it may not render correctly in older browsers)

Let me know what you think, I'm definitely open to hearing suggestions. I think I have all the bugs worked out at this point, but let me know if you find any of those, too. :)

And a special thanks to my girlfriend who assisted me with the layout!

Edited by Meteor

Double post because relevant.

You should have the modifier text centered on the left-aligned class grids, not the center of the page. Conflictions occur if the modifiers list extends past the class inheritance grid (at least from my mobi)

Verifying that it's mobile friendly. Though the Grey on Grey is a bit hard to read/pick out visually. I suggest lightening the BG

Hmmm okay good to have another set of eyes on this. On my screen anyway, I have no difficulties. For now I will leave it so others can give feedback on the issue.

You should have the modifier text centered on the left-aligned class grids, not the center of the page. Conflictions occur if the modifiers list extends past the class inheritance grid (at least from my mobi)

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. Are you referring to Res dropping down to the next line? Because I can see that happening on my iPhone but all other browsers I tested (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari for iPad) are not affected. If that's what you meant, I fixed it now. Edited by Meteor

Though the Grey on Grey is a bit hard to read/pick out visually. I suggest lightening the BG

I could see it, though I do also have my screen at full brightness. Dimmer lighting might've made it harder to read.

I like the ability to select classes and see both who else has it and max stats of the class.

I also notice Avatar+Morgan are currently missing, although I guess that's fair enough.

Also the Chrom page doesn't list his other children, which might be nice I guess?

Edited by Tables

I also notice Avatar+Morgan are currently missing, although I guess that's fair enough.

Also the Chrom page doesn't list his other children, which might be nice I guess?

Yeah, intentionally. The class set feature is practically useless for Morgan, and adding functionality for 3rd gen would hugely increase the amount of work for little gain IMO (especially with the shortcuts I took). The max stats can be calculated on the main site already, so I felt it wasn't a big deal.

I could definitely do it, but couldn't think of a way to display it in a non-confusing format.

Edited by Meteor

Yeah. Alternatively, since you're heading up by parent you could have Lucina + second kid under each parent, in a fixed order. By putting Chrom at the bottom of other lists, you can have Lucina at the bottom of them.

It's neatly done. The colors look nice, and it's well organized. I didn't really notice any errors.

The only thing I can think to criticize is that there's not something you can click to get back to your Details and Directions, though you can just refresh to do that, obviously. I expected to be able to click on the FE:A banner to bring me back to that.

It's neatly done. The colors look nice, and it's well organized. I didn't really notice any errors.

The only thing I can think to criticize is that there's not something you can click to get back to your Details and Directions, though you can just refresh to do that, obviously. I expected to be able to click on the FE:A banner to bring me back to that.

Thanks, and that's a really great idea! I definitely want to implement that.