ATTN: Republicans

Not Changed by VASM :(

Speaking of such things, Obama picked Joe Biden for his VP.

And I was listening to his speech. I started to wonder, what Biden would say about Obama if he wasn't his running mate.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is going on in Amercia anyway? What is Obama like, many people in the UK would like to see him win.

Eh. I'm not sure how to describe him.

Plus I'm voting for McCain, so I wouldn't point out his good points.

What is going on in Amercia anyway? What is Obama like, many people in the UK would like to see him win.

Well the Republicans (No offense guys) Elected a retarded monkey as President.

McCain is kind of a continuation of Monkey-Man's policies altough it wouldn't be the worst thing if he was elected (On second thought he said some shiz about the Draft so, It WOULD be the worst thing if he was elected)

Obama is running on a new Anti-Partisan thing and simply the fact that he is a Democrat means that he starts off with a big advantage (See Monkey man statements)

I myself am really excited about Senator Obama and am actually going to Kentucky to Campaign for him.

Either way atleast we won't be torturing people anymore.

CNN will present the facts as they are, with relatively no spin. NBC leans towards liberal, although they're somewhat neutral in presenting the facts. MSNBC is liberal all the way. I've lost all the respect for FOX that I had before though. Pre-Bush's second term, they just leaned towards the conservative side but were somewhat neutral. They were like the conservative image of NBC. Now however, they just say whatever Bush tells them to. Fox's daughter channel (chan. 60 for me) is almost fascist.

Well the Republicans (No offense guys) Elected a retarded monkey as President.

McCain is kind of a continuation of Monkey-Man's policies altough it wouldn't be the worst thing if he was elected (On second thought he said some shiz about the Draft so, It WOULD be the worst thing if he was elected)

Obama is running on a new Anti-Partisan thing and simply the fact that he is a Democrat means that he starts off with a big advantage (See Monkey man statements)

I myself am really excited about Senator Obama and am actually going to Kentucky to Campaign for him.

Either way atleast we won't be torturing people anymore.

What! torture is not prohibted in Amercia...that's sick

Edited by Dark Sage

What! torture is not prohibted in Amercia...that's sick

TLS said some things with a lot of spin on them. I'm a liberal (same side, well, against the same people as him), and I'm still telling you you need to take what he says with a grain of salt and figure out what he really means. George Bush is one of the worst, if not the worst president in the history of this country. Even many of the Republicans agree with this statement. Therefore, Bush does not represent the Republican (Conservative) side anymore. He represents himself.

There have been numerous scandals in this self-serving Bush administration. Whoever is elected president will have a hell of a time restoring power to Congress and fixing the constitution. What TLS was referring to with the comment on torture was the scandal on water boarding. Several people who were believed to have links to terrorist organizations were captured, and the government employed the use of water boarding as a means to make them confess and to talk. When this was discovered, the Bush administration attempted to deny that they knew anything about it until after it had happened. We now have found (and by we, I of course mean the media) much evidence that not only shows they knew about it, but that they may have had the order given to employ torture.

Water boarding? Damn... that's cruel. My friends tried that once, and it wasn't pretty. He went crazy for a while and we decided to never do it again.

Your friends tried that?! When someone is put through that, their body reacts as if it really is drowning, even if it's safe. It can put people into a state of panic or shock. In fact, people who're put through it really do die a lot. Either because the people pouring water on them don't ease off at the right time, or their body reacts in the wrong way and causes their death. Torture isn't something to screw around with.....

Your friends tried that?! When someone is put through that, their body reacts as if it really is drowning, even if it's safe. It can put people into a state of panic or shock. In fact, people who're put through it really do die a lot. Either because the people pouring water on them don't ease off at the right time, or their body reacts in the wrong way and causes their death. Torture isn't something to screw around with.....

I saw this thing on Mythbusters when they tried it, not pretty at all.

Now at my "Spun comments" comment.

I admit McCain has some ideas and it would be a step in the right direction, however his Draft comment makes me feel like he's playing with fire.

and coming from a liberal family to begin with I admit I'm naturally inclined to Obama.

However my torture comment is completely legit, even some Conservitive leaders are acknowledging that the Bush administration knew of the Torture.

Edited by Toa Lord Sothe

I know, we were idiots. We did a mild version of it though. Face up, not face down. And he was laying across a Jacuzzi.

Lincoln's cabinet members thought he was a douchebag and disagreed with him right about every chance they got, and Kennedy/LBJ hated each other. Nothing wrong with Biden being his running mate.

Edited by Mac

I take what ever I think is better from both sides, although I will admit it ends up being like 40% Liberal 60% Conservative, so I guess I am more on the right so to say.

As for what news I believe...

I don't watch any American news because it fails, I watch Canadian or British news.

I take what ever I think is better from both sides, although I will admit it ends up being like 40% Liberal 60% Conservative, so I guess I am more on the right so to say.

As for what news I believe...

I don't watch any American news because it fails, I watch Canadian or British news.

How come the Amercian news tends to fail...

I saw this thing on Mythbusters when they tried it, not pretty at all.

Now at my "Spun comments" comment.

I admit McCain has some ideas and it would be a step in the right direction, however his Draft comment makes me feel like he's playing with fire.

and coming from a liberal family to begin with I admit I'm naturally inclined to Obama.

However my torture comment is completely legit, even some Conservitive leaders are acknowledging that the Bush administration knew of the Torture.

What?! Mythbusters never did anything on water boarding. They did a thing on Chinese water torture, but not water boarding. Water boarding is different in many ways. Go look it up on wiki if you want to make another comment.

Now, about the draft. First off, it shouldn't concern you because you won't be 18 at the end of McCain's first term, assuming he's elected. There'd be no way he'd get elected a second term if the draft was reinstated during his time in office. This is a moot point anyway, because there's no way that a bill to reinstate the draft will be passed in Congress. The Senators and Representatives are desperately trying to increase their public support, because the people are pissed at them for not only letting Bush do whatever the hell he wants, but helping him. Voting for the draft would be a sure fire way of making sure they never get elected into public office again.

HOLY SHIT OBAMA AND MCAIN ARE TIED!!!

I no Rait...

@Slayer.

I'm more worried about my cousins and friends.

Most my cousins will be mid 20's by the end of his first term and some of my friends will have just turned 18.

Edited by Toa Lord Sothe