Dating sim?

ZemZem

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superficially yes but imo Clarine comes off more bratty and self-absorbed while Maribelle cares about other people and social justice and tries to get to know people better but comes off snottyish due to her upbringing especially at first but she's making a conscious effort to improve

I mean doesn't her ending say something about her going into legal and trying to improve people's lives

I like the premise of Maribelle's character I just wish the writing could've been done better to emphasize that part of her more like I can see they tried but the presentation of it didn't work the best

Clarine was always annoying though

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Superficially yes but imo Clarine comes off more bratty and self-absorbed while Maribelle cares about other people and social justice and tries to get to know people better but comes off snottyish due to her upbringing especially at first but she's making a conscious effort to improve

I mean doesn't her ending say something about her going into legal and trying to improve people's lives

I like the premise of Maribelle's character I just wish the writing could've been done better to emphasize that part of her more like I can see they tried but the presentation of it didn't work the best

Clarine was always annoying though

I never saw Clarine's supports outside one with Rutger so like, i dunno. Only that Maribelle looked like an expy of sorts. I agree though that Maribelle is pretty cool but we dont see much of her true character outside certain supports. (I adore her supports with Libra though. <3)

Polydeuces, your flan is moving to the music im listening to and its freaking hilarious!

Edited by Ser Florina

Clarine's really stuck up but doesn't have redeeming qualities like Maribelle I don't know how Lance is able to keep his patience with her

Lance is a fucking saint

I never saw Clarine's supports outside one with Rutger so like, i dunno. Only that Maribelle looked like an expy of sorts. I agree though that Maribelle is pretty cool but we dont see much of her true character outside certain supports. (I adore her supports with Libra though. <3)

Polydeuces, your flan is moving to the music im listening to and its freaking hilarious!

Maribelle does physically resemble Clarine, but her tsun-tsun is noticeably tuned down a lot from Clarine. Maribelle actually reminds me a lot more of L'arachel from SS, since they both can be quite tsundere and yet not seem 100% bitchy about it.

chalk up another servant of the Flan

L'arachel is a great character

I guess Clarine is somewhat of a prototype since FE6 is the first game they implemented supports-as-character-development and it's hit or miss depending on the character

Clarine was a miss

I sometimes wonder how Pent and Louise, who are so nice and treat everyone equally, were able to raise such a spoiled brat.

BTW, Clarine reminds me much more of Severa than Maribelle. Just look at Severa x Kjelle, it's almost Clarine x Dorothy.

Edited by Nobody

L'arachel is a great character

I guess Clarine is somewhat of a prototype since FE6 is the first game they implemented supports-as-character-development and it's hit or miss depending on the character

Clarine was a miss

Really? Some of Clarine's supports were very good. ...Once you got her to A. Her one with Dorothy comes to mind.

I sometimes wonder how Pent and Louise, who are so nice and treat everyone equally, were able to raise such a spoiled brat.

BTW, Clarine reminds me much more of Severa than Maribelle. Just look at Severa x Kjelle, it's almost Clarine x Dorothy.

...Isn't she like 13 or 14? I'm pretty sure MANY 13/14 year olds were brats, even with good parents.

When I was on the bus going home, I was talking to my friend about FE13. I told him about the pairing mechanics and how they had a huge effect on the gameplay, and he laughed, shook his head, and bluntly called it a dating sim.

What do you guys think?

Well if you only mentioned the supports then it kinda does sound like one

But the rest of the game definitly isn't a dating sim (duh)

I think you should not have told him about the pairing mechanics, and let him find out about it himself.

He doesn't care for the series. I just told him about the game and said that pairing mechanics played a major role.