SwordBreaker vs Pavise and Bowbreaker vs Aegis

uhhh i say pavise do asassinas having high skill and speed but low defesne and aegis is the one that halves resistance right if so umm i would say bowbreaker but then again rexcaliber arrgh

Edited by pokemon123

woops forgot about that then pavise i mean resistance doesn't even matter neasrly as much when you get aegis as well as weakness to bows

Edited by pokemon123

Breakers if no Hawkeye for the most part will yield much better survivability than the shield. A breaker gives a 50%+ chance to negate all damage from that source. A shield covers more, but only wards off half the incoming damage, and still can fail to proc. If you're using either, the pure avoidance is better than soft mitigation. Shields really aren't the great of skills.

Breakers are actually really potent [when used right, like seen here (Note: that's a specialized build designed to completely shut down Lances. The soldiers in that video have the same or better base hit chance than Anna!)] but why Swordbreaker on an Assassin? That's a strange selection.

If you've got Sword, you should have Lancebreaker as well. Use that one. If you've got access to Hero, Axebreaker + Sword shuts down axes, but for say Apo, the tough Axe targets also have Hawkeye.

For fliers, Aegis doesn't really help, neither does Bowbreaker-- it's damn forged Rexcaliburs that kill air units.

Of course, there's also Iotes, but Iote's bites.

I only said swordbreaker for an assassin because i dont have limit breaker. When i vs other people in streetpass who have limit breaker with brave weapons, thats an automatic kill on me. Swords are the most common weapons used, so i need something to counter them.

My Avatar!Noire build is this:

Assassin: Luna, Ignis, Galeforce, Bowfaire, (filler)

If not swordbreaker/pavise, then what should i add in there?

Also, are you sure Bowbreaker/Aegis arent good for Falcon Knights? Im planning to do my Sumia!Lucina like this:

Falcon Knight: Aegis, Bowbreaker, Aether, Rightful King, Galeforce

But if Aegis/Bowbreaker doesnt work, what skills should i replace them with?

I only said swordbreaker for an assassin because i dont have limit breaker. When i vs other people in streetpass who have limit breaker with brave weapons, thats an automatic kill on me. Swords are the most common weapons used, so i need something to counter them.

My Avatar!Noire build is this:

Assassin: Luna, Ignis, Galeforce, Bowfaire, (filler)

If not swordbreaker/pavise, then what should i add in there?

Also, are you sure Bowbreaker/Aegis arent good for Falcon Knights? Im planning to do my Sumia!Lucina like this:

Falcon Knight: Aegis, Bowbreaker, Aether, Rightful King, Galeforce

But if Aegis/Bowbreaker doesnt work, what skills should i replace them with?

Counter Swords with Tomes. Stay out of enemy range.

Run Lethal [for non-Apo applications] , Astra, or hell, a +2 Skill. Anathema or another aura even.

You can use a breaker, but honestly it's not that good. Shields aren't that great though.

Limit isn't necessary.

Bowbreaker/Aegis aren't that good for fliers because fliers shouldn't be getting targeted by Bows or facing wind magic very often- in fact, never.

A better build on Sumia!Lucina-- change to Dark Flier and run:

Tomefaire, Luna, Aether, Dual Strike+, Galeforce.

Pair her with a Sage, simple as that. Anything else is a waste.

(Aegis/Bowbreaker is unnecessary. Aether+Luna > Luna+RFK > Aether+RFK. Dual Strike+ yields high 90s-100% Dual Strike rate with S-Rank, and also makes Lucina the best candidate for forever-alone child if you aren't running 3rd-gen Morgan [which one should, because it's better] due to covering the 10% loss on Dual Strike rate with A-rank support.)

Counter Swords with Tomes. Stay out of enemy range.

Run Lethal [for non-Apo applications] , Astra, or hell, a +2 Skill. Anathema or another aura even.

You can use a breaker, but honestly it's not that good. Shields aren't that great though.

Limit isn't necessary.

Bowbreaker/Aegis aren't that good for fliers because fliers shouldn't be getting targeted by Bows or facing wind magic very often- in fact, never.

A better build on Sumia!Lucina-- change to Dark Flier and run:

Tomefaire, Luna, Aether, Dual Strike+, Galeforce.

Pair her with a Sage, simple as that. Anything else is a waste.

(Aegis/Bowbreaker is unnecessary. Aether+Luna > Luna+RFK > Aether+RFK. Dual Strike+ yields high 90s-100% Dual Strike rate with S-Rank, and also makes Lucina the best candidate for forever-alone child if you aren't running 3rd-gen Morgan [which one should, because it's better] due to covering the 10% loss on Dual Strike rate with A-rank support.)

Ah ok, thanks for the advice, I wasnt really sure about lucina's build, but you made it better. And i agree 100% that Rightful King isnt that good. However, i don't agree with you when you said that the breaker skills arent that good. For an assassin, Lancebreaker,Tomebreaker,Swordbreaker, Quick burn, and Lucky seven seems like a really awesome build, but I've never tested it yet.

Ah ok, thanks for the advice, I wasnt really sure about lucina's build, but you made it better. And i agree 100% that Rightful King isnt that good. However, i don't agree with you when you said that the breaker skills arent that good. For an assassin, Lancebreaker,Tomebreaker,Swordbreaker, Quick burn, and Lucky seven seems like a really awesome build, but I've never tested it yet.

Pure avoidance build lacks output. There's a reason why pentabreaker doesn't roll that well. Also counter-breaker might happen. [Enemy with Sword or bowbreaker kills off three skills on your set. Enemy with an Axe or a Bow [or a Manakete] with Sword or Bowbreaker eliminates your skills and gets Breaker on you.]

Breakers aren't bad, and if you know your targets, are the best non-Vantage defensive skills, but defensive skills without exact purpose are not very good.

If you've got an exact purpose [i.E. Lancebreaker+Avo+10+Dual Support++S-rank Support+60(+) SPD+Axe = untouchable by Lances that aren't rolling Axebreaker.] then they become powerful, but that's an effect of an entire build. [Note that that build also has high output with Vengeance+Dual Strikes as well, and leaves room for Galeforce, as well.]

Well, what about something like Tomebreaker, Swordbreaker, Avoid + 10, Lucky Seven, Quick burn? Two breakers is better than 1/3 in my opinion. Even if they have swordbreaker, i will still have high avoid.

EDIT: Or Tomebreaker, Swordbreaker, Quick burn, Lucky 7, and Luna or something

Edited by AssassinSevera