Getting back with my ex

Life

So I broke up with my ex in May after dating her for a couple of months. It was because I put all of my energy into commanders course which turned out to be a failure but whatever.

The point is that I've been thinking about her since then and I regret breaking up with her. But is it a good idea to try to start up a relationship with her again? Thoughts?

Possibly, although it may be for the best to try and have an open discussion about why you broke up the last time. Not a conversation most people want to have, but couples will often fall into the same patterns if there is no recognition of issues and no attempts to change behavior.

My ex and I broke up in April for a while, I was fine. But I'd get into these ruts where I'd miss her so much and I couldn't think about anything but her. I was with her for two years, so I guess that's the normal part, but your breakup and my breakup aren't too far apart in longevity.

Last night I found out she is dating someone else now. More than ever, I realize that it's time for me to move on. But talk with her first before you make any decisions. I'm hoping that she will actually talk to you about it unlike my ex. Although rekindling a past romance is possible, at this point it really isn't something I would recommend.

As I said, try talking to her before you make any decision.

There is nothing wrong with getting back with your ex, per se. In this particular situation, because your breakup was fairly amicable (not due to cheating, abuse, etc.) I can't see any reason you shouldn't try to repair the relationship. She might not be open to the idea, out of fear that you might break back up under similar circumstances. You should at least be willing to rearrange your priorities in her favor if you want to be with her again.

Guest meibum

Be sure to respect her feelings. If you feel like you will focus your energy elsewhere again do not hook her back into another relationship. If you do there might not be another opportunity.

There is nothing wrong with getting back with your ex, per se. In this particular situation, because your breakup was fairly amicable (not due to cheating, abuse, etc.) I can't see any reason you shouldn't try to repair the relationship. She might not be open to the idea, out of fear that you might break back up under similar circumstances. You should at least be willing to rearrange your priorities in her favor if you want to be with her again.

This is the best advice in the thread.