Your preferred difficulty for Fire Emblem?

Knight

79 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred Difficulty?

• Easiest difficulty available
    • Always Normal
    • Mostly Normal, but I have played some games on hard
    • I've been getting into playing harder difficulties
    • Always Hard (unless if it's not applicable)
    • Hard or Harder (Lunatic, Maniac, etc.)
    • What's a Fire Emblem? (wait, why are you here then?)
  2. 2. Check one of these.

• I always play easy or normal before getting into harder difficulties
    • Always start on harder difficulties (except for your first games perhaps)
  3. 3. Why did the chicken cross the road?

• To get to the other side
    • How dare you question the chicken's motives!

Hard/+ because FE at this point is insanely easy for me and normal mode is practically mindlessly moving a unit and ending turn and everything will be okay the next turn and it doesn't really require any strategy anymore. Which...slaughtermode is fun sometimes, but I play a strategy game to have some semblance of strategy in the mix. At least I'd want some weight on the decision in which where I move the slaughtering unit instead of just

>move anywhere
>end turn
>win

Though Normal is good for learning where the reinforcements spawn, since ambush spawns, if not given textual warning or spawns a good deal away from your units, imo are pretty bullshit.

I prefer finding the 'funnest' difficulty for me. That's why I play, for fun. Not to beat hard or anything. Yes, I've beaten the games on the harder modes, but after that, I just pick the mode I find the most relaxing and enjoyable, which is usually the easier modes.

Even then, I don't want to have to be forced to use the better characters to get through the game.

Except that's not the case with anything but FE12 Lunatic/+? and even then there's slight leeways if they come early enough and you put enough /power of favouritism/ in

Sniper!Navarre was my single-best investment after all

Nothing wrong with playing normal of course, but most characters can be used on most modes if you really wanted to, just some requires more effort than others.

Ever since I played Awakening I've been playing every game I play on the highest difficulty available. (Except for FE13 Lunatic +, I played it once and the enemy skills took out all the fun, most notably counter).

Edited by Junpei Iori