I need your opinion about my spriters.

Nicolas

They're alright,nothing to incredible but the first one to be quite honest...may kinda need improvement,something just seems off,the 2nd one is alright and the 3rd is good.

they're pretty rough to be honest, especially around the necks in the first two. I've seen a lot worse, though, and the character designs themselves are interesting

for the first one, deviate the jawline some (sharp, mathematically precise angles like that do no belong on faces) and fill in the gap beween his hair and his neck (unless he has magic antigravity hair of some sort?)

for the second, the neck should curve outwards instead of inwards as it goes down. that's about it, actually.

good luck

Just work on your shading dude. Practice by trying to make splices look as clean as possible. Use existing sprites for reference. There was a tutorial I learned from, that explained everything about making mugshots, but that was years ago. If you know what "pillow shading" is, try your best to avoid that.

All of your sprites have some sharp angles on them. Mainly the hair of the first two, but even the cloak on the third is sharp in places. The necks on the first two look weird too.

• 2 weeks later...

Critique:

1. I think the eye with the monocle is too far up.

2. The robe and shoulder armor are not aligned properly.

3. The hair and stubble needs tidying; there are quite a few strands.

4. The shoulder plate needs reshading because of the robe.

That would get you started I guess.

btw it is a great improvement from the last one, keep it up :):

Edited by KoopaTroopa

The way the cape is draped over the right shoulder gives the impression that he's facing away, look at Percival's mug to see what I'm saying.

You want it to instead of going over the shoulder and outwards to the right, to instead wrap up around to the left.

• 2 months later...