Voice acting predictions?

Although Nintendo hasn't always been top-notch when it comes to voice acting (as in, having none whatsoever) safe for a few exceptions, this definitely isn't the case for Atlus so I expect there will be full voice work, and probably hear some familiar VAs seeing that they have a few recurring ones in their titles.

Point of this thread is, which voice do you expect/want for X character? Because I'm a kind of a voice acting geek, I'm curious to see what other enthusiasts think about this.

Also, it's fine if you post speculations about characters that are not exactly announced to be in (meaning they weren't in the trailer), but this isn't a ''Character prediction'' topic, so don't go overboard.

Now let's get to it! I'll start with a few

Marth-Spike Spencer

I admit, the only reason why I even consider that is because he voiced him in the OVA from way back then. But hey who knows; history does repeat itself

Caeda- Danielle Judovits
She is to Marth what Sumia basically is to Chrom. So why not?

Roy- Bryce Pabenbrook

This might be typecasting, but he's been voicing a lot of those ''young hero'' type of character, I think he'd be a nice fit

Lilina- Erin Fitzgerald
Well, it's an Atlus game, so it's very likely she'd be in the game somewhere

Eliwood- Yuri Lorenthal
Again, Atlus. Plus, at this point, you may as well expect the guy in just about any game.

Lyn- Eden Riegel
Don't know if it's because of SMT4, but I'd expect her to sound a bit like Isabeau

Hector- Troy Baker

Because he'd probably have a deep, hot blooded voice.

Ephraim- Liam O'brien
Because.

(Note, if you wanna predict Seiyus, be my guest. I didn't put any because I'm not as familiar with Japanese VAs lol)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soichiro Hoshi and Quinton Flynn doing their respective Masaru Daimon voices as Lewyn between the two languages

this is literally all i want out of life

Edited by bookofholsety

Here's what I'm hoping for.

Eliwood: Dave Wittenberg

Lyn: Kelly Stables

Roy: Veronica Taylor

Lilina: Lara Jill Miller

Idun (if she appears): Tara Strong

Sigurd: George Newbern

Arvis: Kirk Thornton

Deirdre: Kate Higgins

And...

Soichiro Hoshi and Quinton Flynn doing their respective Masaru Daimon voices as Lewyn between the two languages

this is literally all i want out of life

I honestly thought that I was the only one who would get a kick out of hearing Quinton Flynn doing Lewyn's voice.

This is all I have so far.

Edited by Just call me Al

Honestly, I'd go with the following:

Lords/Confirmed Pairs

Marth: Spike Spencer - Yes, he did voice him in the OVA, but I honestly can't think of a better one for him.

Caeda: Lauren Landa - I'm not sorry for the LitchixArakune ship I honestly really like her voice, and I think she can do a serious character like Caeda.

Sigurd: Travis Willingham - Because he needs to display authority, and Travis definitely fits that archetype best.

Seliph: Yuri Lowenthal - Atlus.

Leif: Sam Riegel - Leaf puns

Roy: David Vincent - For some reason, I hear his voice when Roy speaks in FE6. Not sure why.

Lilina: Erin Fitzgerald - Meh. I could care less about Lilina's VA.

Eliwood: Troy Baker - This one would be better for Baker IMO than Hector. He can do the hot-blooded thing well, but I like him better when he's not doing the hot-blooded thing.

Lyn: Tara Platt - Lyn's pretty serious, so I feel like she'd work well with Tara Platt as her VA.

Hector: Patrick Seitz - Dude's made a living off his ham. Hector's the hammiest lord in FE, so why not?

Eirika: Laura Bailey - Atlus.

Ephraim: Liam O'Brien - Best lord gets best VA

Ike: Grant George - Fuck, I should've saved Travis for here. Ah well. Gilgamesh works too.

Micaiah: Cristina Vee - For some reason, I feel like this makes too much sense.

Sothe: Dave Wittenberg - Needed to put him in here somewhere.

Chrom: Matthew Mercer - Awakening plus I want my WalterxChrom self-screw ship

Non-Lords

Tiki: Mela Lee - Because Awakening.

Jagen: Dan Woren - ATLUS. Plus, y'know, it fits.

Lewyn: Quinton Flynn - There, y'all happy?

Guinivere: Kate Higgins - For some reason, I see this way too clearly.

Ninian: Karen Strassman - Atlus bias, but it fits here too. She's pretty good at the mysterious waif types.

Seth: D.C. Douglas - I'd actually use Seth if he had such a swag voice.

L'arachel: Amanda Winn-Lee - For some reason. Probably due to Etna.

Titty: Jennifer Hale - LE GASP. Honestly, one of the few VAs that isn't as big for games like this that I'd use.

Elincia: Danielle Judovits - Well, she's done one princess before, so why not?

Frederick: Kyle Hebert - Obligatory.

I like the fact that more people are starting to into this

Marth: Spike Spencer; I have to agree, partly, that this voice kind of suits him

Shiida: Kari Wahlgren

Roy: [...I have no idea]

Lilina: Collen O'Shaughnessey

Eliwood: Darrel Guilbeau, maybe

Lyn: Luci Christian

Hector: I guess Troy Baker...

Eirika: Laura Cody

Ephraim: For the time being, Liam O'Brien

Ike: Grant George, maybe... but if all else fails, Jason Atkins, for the lols/wins

Elincia: Cristina Vee; I think this voice suits Elincia more than Micaiah

Micaiah: Probably Mela Lee... or Kate Higgins...???

Sothe: Doug Erhotlz, when his doesn't drone and drag when he talks

Chrom: Matt Mercer, he can keep his voice or not, I don't care

Lucina: Laura Bailey, she can keep her voice or not, I don't care

Sigurd: Travis Willingham - Because he needs to display authority, and Travis definitely fits that archetype best.

I can get with this set up, I don't care for archetypes, but the voice suits him

Seliph: Yuri Lowenthal - Atlus.

Leif: Sam Riegel - Leaf puns

Absolutely Not

If Anything:

Celice: Bryce Papenbrook; Guan Ping, not Asbel(for some reason, Asbel's voice annoys me and it's the same voice)

Leif: I'd even take Johnny Yong Bosch, actually, I think I'd prefer that

Levin: Josh Grelle, of the Sima Shi variety

And who the hell is titty?

EDIT:As you can see, I generally went for lesser known VAs for the most part

Edited by Soledai

Micaiah: Cristina Vee - For some reason, I feel like this makes too much sense.

Elincia: Cristina Vee; I think this voice suits Elincia more than Micaiah

I would perform the biggest fanboy squee of my life if Cristina Vee ever voices a character in Fire Emblem.

More that I thought of

Sigurd- Jamieson Price. Because every dub that features him becomes a good dub. It is the law. Though I wouldn't mind having him voice a villain either.

Ike- Grant George- I actually haven't thought of that but now that I saw people mention him, he would be a nice fit

Alm- David Vincent- From what little I've seen of him...I somehow got a David Vincent vibe out of him

Eirika- Cristina Vee. Out of all the (main) characters I could think of, she was the best fit.

Micaiah- Christine Marie Cabanos. She has a fitting voice range and hey, we gotta expect some underdogs to be in there too.

Sothe- Orion Acaba. See above. Also, I imagine something similar to Gerome

Non-Lords

Titania- Tara Platt. She's very good at voicing strong leaders. See Mitsuru and Flavia

Soren- Doug Erholtz. For the same reason he was suggested for Sothe earlier

Anna- Karen Strassman. C'mon, she's been in every single FE game ever so why make this one an exception? And Strassman was perfect as Anna

As much as I would want Titania in, I honestly doubt she'd get in, Tara Platt would work quite well with her too, I would die happy if she voiced a FE girl I actually like.

I can see Anna getting in, in some way or other, she and Jack Frost would teach you the ins-and-outs of the game... and my wish for a secret boss battle...

The Anna Sisters and the Jack Brothers(Jack Frost, Black Frost, Jack the Ripper, Pyro Jack)... I would really die happy, if I didn't in that fight

Re-reading my post, i'm so wound up, but I really don't like Sam Riegel, at all

At the moment, judging by how little information we have, it's both safe to say that everything and nothing is possible. We don't even know what kind of concept they're going with.

In other words, all of the characters are schrodinger cats...Speaking of which Todd Haberkorn should voice Ranulf.

Maybe for FE10, I could see Grant George as far as I'm concerned. But personally, if it were FE9 Ike, I would prefer Kirby Morrow. (Morrow's voice did come up more than Atkins's voice in my early PTs of FE9 anyways.)

Then again, I don't know how Grant George sounds anyways.

Maybe for FE10, I could see Grant George as far as I'm concerned. But personally, if it were FE9 Ike, I would prefer Kirby Morrow. (Morrow's voice did come up more than Atkins's voice in my early PTs of FE9 anyways.)

Then again, I don't know how Grant George sounds anyways.

Go watch Fate/stay night (for Gilgamesh) or play Persona 3 (for Shinjiro). You'll hear him.

Needs more Walter and Chrom voiced by Matt Mercer.

"Your end has come!"

"I'll end it thus!"

I already made the MercerxMercer joke in here

Go watch Fate/stay night (for Gilgamesh) or play Persona 3 (for Shinjiro). You'll hear him.

Or Fate/Zero for Lancer.

I'll also add Warrior of Light from Dissidia Final Fantasy

I'll also add Warrior of Light from Dissidia Final Fantasy

Him? Oh well. Again. Maybe I could see him voicing FE10 Ike. But FE9 Ike? I honestly don't see it. Not to mention that I've already said that I prefer Kirby Morrow for FE9 Ike.

As in, the Veronica Taylor who originally did the voice of Ash Ketchum in the Pokémon dub?

And you want her to VA Eliwood?

Are you high/drunk/both or something?

You obviously misread when I said I want her to voice Roy.

And I don't see why not. Since Roy is like 14-15 anyways in his own game.

Him? Oh well. Again. Maybe I could see him voicing FE10 Ike. But FE9 Ike? I honestly don't see it. Not to mention that I've already said that I prefer Kirby Morrow for FE9 Ike.

Yeah, RD Ike was what I failed to mention, but as far as PoR Ike, I can't really say I've heard enough range from Kirby Morrow for me to get with that

You obviously misread when I said I want her to voice Roy.

And I don't see why not. Since Roy is like 14-15 anyways in his own game.

Roy with the same voice as Ash...? Errr, would you really want someone nick-named 'Young-Lion' sounding like a prepubescent girl? Not that titles matter at all, but I can't fit Roy with that voice, If I hadn't said Bryce Papenbrook for Celice, then I'd say him for Roy

Yeah, RD Ike was what I failed to mention, but as far as PoR Ike, I can't really say I've heard enough range from Kirby Morrow for me to get with that

He's the voice of Miroku in InuYasha. In addition, and I don't know if you have Qubo or not, he's also the voice behind Jay Star in Class of the Titans, the reruns of which are shown on Qubo every night at midnight.

Just thought I'd help idintify that voice for you.

Roy with the same voice as Ash...? Errr, would you really want someone nick-named 'Young-Lion' sounding like a prepubescent girl? Not that titles matter at all, but I can't fit Roy with that voice, If I hadn't said Bryce Papenbrook for Celice, then I'd say him for Roy

Forgive me if I haven't really heard many anime voices. And I don't know anyone that does voices that makes for a convincing 14-15 year old boy. Edited by Just call me Al