Darion's FE8 crash (Lagdou Ruins)

Trepanation

Crashes if you win, crashes if you retreat. I think it has something to do with the DUMMY light tome on the boss dragon and on my bishop Natasha. I've tried dropping it and winning, dropping and retreating, neither works.

The first DUMMY tome was acquired from the earlier campaign chapter where you fight Riev. In his inventory was a physic staff, DUMMY tome with 99 uses, and Purge. He is completely invulnerable with DUMMY tome equipped, but you can bait him to seige toming you and if you kill him (with your own seige tomes), you get to keep DUMMY (flashes green as it is last in inventory). Strange thing that after acquired it goes from 99 uses to 35, though the stats boost seems to stay the same.

What's extra weird is that the tome on my bishop has been working just fine up to this point, but now that another one has spawned on this boss dragon, its max uses has gone back up to 99. I would think this has to do with the crash, but in order to test it I backtracked to an earlier quicksave (f4 in VBA), tried to retreat, and it crashed too. I have the DUMMY tome on Natasha and it is somehow back up to 99 uses even though I swear that it always had a max of 35. You can't retreat from that floor either. I know it's possible to retreat from the ruins because I had to on the earlier floors, but something seems to have messed up between then and now.

Weird.

Anyway if someone would be kind enough to f with this for a bit I'd appreciate it. You might have to edit the ROM itself. I'd like to be able to beat the ruins and keep the 100k+ I've got, and get Fado.

Here's a link to everything you need except the ROM, including VBA, the battery save, and quicksaves. Should be perfectly plug and play. http://www.mediafire.com/?1qev1325biyrwpy

Thanks