Effort Values (EVs) the quick way

DodgeDusk

what about the pokerus?

I'm not sure what you mean, so I'll just say this

Pokerus is something that you can randomly obtain after a wild pokemon battle and is extremely rare. You know when you have it if your pokemon has "pokerus" on the stats screen if they haven't got a status on them. All pokerus does is double the amunt of EVs you get. Pokerus is also spreadable so eventually every pokemon in your party will get one, but it eventually wears off and a pokemon can only have it once

Using the video as an example, Hoppip gives out +1 special defence every time you beat one, but with pokerus it gets doubled, so you gain +2 special defence EVs

If that doesn't answer your question then do tell

Edited by DodgeDusk

I'm not sure what you mean, so I'll just say this

Pokerus is something that you can randomly obtain after a wild pokemon battle and is extremely rare. You know when you have it if your pokemon has "pokerus" on the stats screen if they haven't got a status on them. All pokerus does is double the amunt of EVs you get. Pokerus is also spreadable so eventually every pokemon in your party will get one, but it eventually wears off and a pokemon can only have it once

Using the video as an example, Hoppip gives out +1 special defence every time you beat one, but with pokerus it gets doubled, so you gain +2 special defence EVs

If that doesn't answer your question then do tell

nope, i tought that there's another easy-way on getting pokerus on the video, hence why i just asked ~.~

oh well then, i need another motherlode of luck for that..

nope, i tought that there's another easy-way on getting pokerus on the video, hence why i just asked ~.~

oh well then, i need another motherlode of luck for that..

Oh sorry

Your best bet is either extreme luck or wonder trading/GTS trading and hope you obtain a pokemon that has pokerus

Already found out that myself and that's how I've already EVsed 10 pokémon~

I have to say, it's really easy to EV train pokémon in this gen.

If anybody needs the pokérus, just tell me. I got it from the GTS.

P.S. Use the power items!! They give 4 more EVs in said stat.

Meaning that with the power item for sp.def, from defeating Hoppip you get (1+4)x2=10 EVs in spdef, and with a single horde it's 50 total EVs in spdef, like the guy stated in the video.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Already found out that myself and that's how I've already EVsed 10 pokémon~

I have to say, it's really easy to EV train pokémon in this gen.

If anybody needs the pokérus, just tell me. I got it from the GTS.

I want to be optimistic and say that GF acknowledge the online competitive scene but I highly doubt it. It's nice they've done it though. Breeding + EV training on Diamond was not fun

I want to be optimistic and say that GF acknowledge the online competitive scene but I highly doubt it. It's nice they've done it though. Breeding + EV training on Diamond was not fun

They wouldn't have revamped these mechanics if they didn't aknowledge the competitive scene.

Also there have been a lot of official tournaments as of lately, soo...

Still better than EV training on emerald. No power items, only macho brace >.>

In order to max a stat you would have to kill like 60 pokemon. And i can't even imagine how terrible it was to breed before emerald, with no everstone

Edited by Nobody

I also have PokéRUS. Just need to share it to more people.

Even without it. Super Training is pretty easy to use.

Definitely and it's a welcome addition, but getting 250 EVs in 5 battles is so much more convenient though, or at least I think so

Still better than EV training on emerald. No power items, only macho brace >.>

Back when the competitive scene mattered to me (sort of)! Hello, Battle Frontier.

Anyway, I was thinking I probably wouldn't get competitive or be EVing anyone this gen, but the desire to beat the Battle Maison is welling up in me...so I might. If anyone from this gen can be better than the multitudes I've raised up from past gens. It helps that it's so fast now, though. I might just transfer over everyone, but at the same time, it can be fun to make a new team for a new game.

On that note, are there any new Pokemon that seem particularly note-worthy in terms of being good for a competitive team? I checked them out but most don't seem all that impressive. However, I only took quick glances at stats, so I may easily have missed something.

On that note, are there any new Pokemon that seem particularly note-worthy in terms of being good for a competitive team? I checked them out but most don't seem all that impressive. However, I only took quick glances at stats, so I may easily have missed something.

Pokemon: Hawlucha

Nature: Adamant

EVs: 252 attack 252 speed

Ability: Unburden

Item: Fighting gem

Move 1: Power-up punch

Move 2: Acrobatics

Move 3: Hi-jump kick

Move 4: Filler

Greninja looks like a threat too

Some of the Pokes with less-gaudy stats seem like they have potential: for example, Talonflame has only base 80 Atk but also has +1 priority to all Flying moves and the ability to use Swords Dance; Noivern has only so-so attacking power but has ~120 base Spd to nuke things with Draco Meteor.

The flavor of the metagame is likely going to be a bit different since the new Defog mechanics ruin hyper-offense teams.

Only time I EV trained was back in 5th generation on only one pokemon. It was terrible.

I'm probably not going back to it again, and will just stick to simulators.

I feel that hackers and cheaters will always have the upper hand outside of Simulators, due to the fact that getting 6 competitive "Perfect" Pokemon with just the right combination of IVs, nature, and EVs is next to downright impossible without cheating devices, and even more unlikely due to the fact that these pokemon just so happen to all be shiny.

Just to let you know, finding a "Perfect" Pokemon in the wild is 1 / 22,187,592,025 , or a little over one every 2 Billion.

Getting a Shiny one would be about 1 / 1.81760753 x 1014

That being said, there are methods to find them more often: Using the Friend Safari for IVs and Everstones for example.

Edited by Melonhead

Only time I EV trained was back in 5th generation on only one pokemon. It was terrible.

I'm probably not going back to it again, and will just stick to simulators.

It's less terrible know (Because of Duuper Training, and not having to note your progress), but still pretty time consuming

I have never particularly cared for competitve (In fact, I prefer more casual battles without all the perfect ivs/evs crap) but I still have a thing about wanting to ev train my pokemon. And I have to say that I'm glad somebody found a better way to ev train because super training did not help how much I loathe ev training pokemon.

Back when the competitive scene mattered to me (sort of)! Hello, Battle Frontier.

Anyway, I was thinking I probably wouldn't get competitive or be EVing anyone this gen, but the desire to beat the Battle Maison is welling up in me...so I might. If anyone from this gen can be better than the multitudes I've raised up from past gens. It helps that it's so fast now, though. I might just transfer over everyone, but at the same time, it can be fun to make a new team for a new game.

I'm using a timid greninja with protean and it's pretty great.

If you want I can give you one (well, a froakie) with 4 perfect IVs, I have 30 of them (>.>), since I spent like 5 hours breeding for a perfect one.

Edited by Nobody

If you want I can give you one (well, a froakie) with 4 perfect IVs, I have 30 of them (>.>), since I spent like 5 hours breeding for a perfect one.

Yeah, I'll take one. I don't have much to offer in return, though.

Since you have so many, could I have one? I don't have much, but I'd be willing to trade anything shy of a legendary/shiny.

@OP: Wow, I never really considered using Horde Battles for EV training. That's ridiculous how fast you can fully train a Pokemon.

I have a question. Would anyone happen to know where good places to EV train on hordes would be for attack and speed? I know where defense and sp.def would be, but I can't seem to recall hordes of pokemon for attack and speed. ._.

I have a question. Would anyone happen to know where good places to EV train on hordes would be for attack and speed? I know where defense and sp.def would be, but I can't seem to recall hordes of pokemon for attack and speed. ._.

This list here shows all routes that have hordes which give out specific EVs